jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Why are SO MANY people innately fearful of their divinity and greatness?

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Why are SO MANY people innately fearful of their divinity and greatness?

2. relawshe profile image72
    relawsheposted 4 years ago

Personally, I don't believe that humans innately have divinity inside themselves.  I'm a Christian, so I believe that when I decided to believe in Christ, that His spirit now dwells within me, so that is Divinity dwelling inside me, but I don't think that's how you're referring to divinity.  In reference to the divinity that you're talking about living inside people, maybe it's not necessarily fear but ignorance?  Maybe they've never been introduced to the idea?  Or perhaps they just don't believe in it?  Or maybe they believe it but now realize that if it's true they have divinity in them, then maybe there's some sense of responsibility to be the best version of themselves and do good for others, and they're not sure they are ready to step up and embrace that greatness? 
    So I don't know the answer to your question because I don't believe in it, but I just wanted to share my view and perhaps give a reason why some folks who DO believe in that might be fearful.

1. limpet profile image61
      limpetposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi i'm Limpet a care free harmless spirit dwelling in olde London towne unfortunately for me i am 'persona non grata' with many London covens so if the site is still active i should like to participate.

3. Jewels profile image85
    Jewelsposted 4 years ago

Most people have not experienced anywhere near that level of divinity in this life.  Nor is it taught in mainstream religions.  To be afraid of it, firstly you have to know what it is.  So you'd firstly need to be aware of the ignorance covering it and that is most difficult as the world is geared to not let you be great or divine.  You can't even expand your creativity without hitting walls!  LOL.

On a different level, when an initiate gets close to the love of the Divine, or the Divine within themselves, they are really afraid of the fire.  The backlash is usually very difficult to hold.  To remain in ones greatness, is to be transpersonal, and not effected by the world around them, this includes family and friends, authority figures who think they know better and anyone else who has an agenda to stay at the top of the food chain.

There is Divinity within for sure, but reaching it is no mean feat, and then retaining it is more difficult - depending on your circumstances.

Interestingly, there is a Hindu story where two initiates wanted enlightenment, they begged to see the Guru in order to get it.  The Guru gave them a date and time and when the meeting was due, the two students were seen running with their suitcases.  Fire burns, it's usually our little minds that are afraid of it and are completely ignorant of what it means.

1. gmwilliams profile image87
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Excellent, analytical response to my question.  I simply LOVE it!

4. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

How do you know "SO MANY" people do? How many people have you asked?

5. yoginijoy profile image72
    yoginijoyposted 4 years ago

From my understanding of the universe, there are two response to absolutely everything: fear or love. Most people choose fear (albeit consciously), because of their experience; they are taught to be afraid, taught that they are not divine, taught to judge others, taught to see what is lacking, etc...

I do believe that if we were to flip the equation and we taught all beings that they are inherently divine, naturally perfect, beautiful, and comprised of a sole ingredient: love, then we would have many more beings aware of their inheritance and hence, less afraid, and more loving.

6. cynthiaalburo0322 profile image60
    cynthiaalburo0322posted 4 years ago

Because when Jesus died, because of the Holy spirit everything were already written in our hearts. We already knew that there is GOD, and we should not kill. lies, and etc... Fear GOD and that is the beginning of wisdom.

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I think there are more (non believers) than there are people who "fear" divinity.