jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

How do they know you are a Christian?

1. blessedp profile image82
    blessedpposted 4 years ago

How do they know you are a Christian?

What stands out about you that tells the world you are a follower of Jesus Christ?
    Your action, humility, charity etc.

2. peeples profile image89
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

"Your action, humility, charity etc." Because we all know someone who isn't a Christian will have noticeable different actions, no humility, and never gives to charity.
    Sarcasm.
    You realize by wording your question this way you are basically implying your actions will some how be different or better than everyone else's actions.  I don't see someone do something nice for another and think "Wow, they must be Christian."

blessedpposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi peeples, thank you for your comment.  But are you a Christian? I was never implying, but being a Christian and living according to the Holy Bible the road map to eternal life, there has to be changes in your life that displays who you are.

2. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Peeples, I completely agree. Humble people don't worry what others know about them. If you need people to "know" you're a Christian that's ego and not spiritual.  I take authenticity any day regardless of one's beliefs.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree ChristinS

3. taburkett profile image59
    taburkettposted 4 years ago

they feel the wonderful spirit that exhumes me.

4. blessedp profile image82
    blessedpposted 4 years ago

Matthew 5:16
    Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't say that it says: 16 For a wind hath passed over it, and it is not, And its place doth not discern it any more.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Matthew 5:16
      King James Version (KJV)
      16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

By the fruit that you bare daily. The fruit we need to produce should glorify God.

blessedpposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

6. PlanksandNails profile image84
    PlanksandNailsposted 4 years ago

Being a Christian is not about what we do, but by what Jesus Christ does in us.

Our actions such as humility, charity, etc... can be noble, but that does not define who a true Christian is. It is not man who defines what a Christian is, but the Word of God.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done MANY WONDERFUL WORKS? - Matthew 7:22

The signs of a true Christian are those who live by the Spirit and are doers of the Word who desire to live their lives holy and pleasing to God, not for the accolades of men.

But be ye DOERS OF THE WORD, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. - James 1:22

True Christians imitate Jesus Christ by His grace working in their lives, and if necessary, use words to validate His work of grace in their lives.

Many believe that they are a "Christian" by going to church, living a good life, being positive, giving to others, talking about Jesus, praying and reading the Bible, but these things do not define a true Christian.

A true Christian is conscious of their shortcomings, but through the power of grace can live righteously before Him. They have allowed God complete authority over their lives and are committed to live by the Word of God by proving everything from Scripture.

A true Christian is born only through God’s grace. They have realized their shortcomings (sin) and accepted Jesus' invitation to receive His grace. By His life changing power, they are no longer slaves to  sin, but are empowered by the Holy Spirit to live in obedience and good works of faith.

The, I am a Christian, look at me and what I am doing attitude is simply being pompous. It does not convey the Gospel message or who/what a true Christian is.

1. profile image66
      graceinusposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Amen

working