Is God still creating new souls or have they always been there waiting to be bor

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. IDONO profile image60
    IDONOposted 10 years ago

Is God still creating new souls or have they always been there waiting to be born?

2. ChristopherJRex profile image84
    ChristopherJRexposted 10 years ago

Even though people often cite near-death experiences as evidence for souls to exist, they are nothing more than “normal” phenomenon firmly seated in neuroscience: http://www.koestler-parapsychology.psy. … attNDE.pdf  Otherwise, there is no scientific evidence supporting the notion of “souls,” much less the existence of a “God” that governs the creation/manipulation of said souls (since the universe and life, itself, could “spontaneously” arise using known scientific laws; see my hubs on the Big Bang and Abiogenesis for more information).

1. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dumb! Neuroscience can never explain miracles like Moses parting the sea or me parting 2 miles of traffic. Such things go against science or nature.

Your entire argument is based on argument-to-ignorance fallacy.

2. taburkett profile image58
      taburkettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

the physical science you spread contains limitations based on man's ability to perceive thought.
      God's spirit has no limitations -
      but those purposed by the scientific failures continue to be spread.

3. ChristopherJRex profile image84
      ChristopherJRexposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lone77star, all modern “miracles” analyzed by scientists were found not to be supernatural.

taburkett, if you didn’t have a book telling you that God existed, how’d you know?  Scientific “failures” = progress because they tell us what doesn’t work.

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
      LoisRyan13903posted 10 years agoin reply to this

No scientific evidence that God does not exist either.  Funny for some reason I believed in God even before I knew there was a book called the Bible

5. IDONO profile image60
      IDONOposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey, history gurus. Didn't the concept of God come to man before books, Neuroscience and parapsychology?

6. ChristopherJRex profile image84
      ChristopherJRexposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why do humans insist on having religion or believing in a “god?” The human brain is pre-disposed for such a line of thinking: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22256685 Why? Because humans needed a way to explain the world from an ignorant context.

7. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
      LoisRyan13903posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ignorant in your viewpoint.    Not mine since Gd exists

8. IDONO profile image60

CRex: Whether God is fact or fiction shouldn't matter. It's our motivation to show caring and compassion to other people rather than just being selfish bigots. I'm glad to hear you have overcome your pre-disposed line of thinking. Ignorance? Right!

9. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

They tend to think they know everything..even though they haven't experienced  anything.

3. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image62
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 10 years ago

God still not tell us His plan and programme. So difficult to say anything.

4. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

I don't know.

I suspect, however, that God is not creating new souls (selves), because we're now living in God's "day of rest" -- all 13.7 billion years of it.

I have had many bodies (male, female, Caucasian, African, Mongolian, etc). The true self has been the same through it all, but asleep -- still suffering the poison of the forbidden fruit -- selfishness or ego.

Each lifetime has been a new opportunity to get closer to God and to reawaken as a spiritual being.

The really tricky part of these human lives is being aware of what we're thinking, feeling and creating. Usually, we create selfishly which keeps us blinded and asleep, spiritually. Only by following in the footsteps of Christ can we find our way back.

And could it be that Gautama Siddhartha Buddha was "following Christ" five centuries before Jesus was born?

One of the most important passages in the Bible to me is, "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life" (2 Corinthians 3:6 KJV). Why important? Because it tells us to remove the "importance" on the literal meaning. In other words, you have to work hard to get the real meaning. You have to be humble and empty your "cup" of knowing in order to receive new answers.

5. Zubair Ahmed profile image74
    Zubair Ahmedposted 10 years ago

According to the Quran, all souls that God wanted to create were created at the same time.  These souls will be delivered into the stage of living at a predetermined time.

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
    LoisRyan13903posted 10 years ago

Very good question and I wondered about this.  I also wonder about the potential births if the parents did not use birth control and babies that were aborted and miscarried.

7. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 10 years ago

God stopped creating on the 6th day and never created again. Every soul that exists has existed since the first time they were created.
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 4:15
    I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the second child that shall stand up in his stead.

1. IDONO profile image60

Your answer, although very good, creates a million questions. Where are these souls kept until a life is created to host it? Are they recycled; like reincarnation? Is the end of time based on when all souls are used up? Or will some be unused? ??????

2. profile image0

The Old Testament answers this question very well.
      Ecclesiastes 12:7
      Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
      Reincarnation has to be the answer

I believe in reincarnation and so did the Bi

3. IDONO profile image60

Deborah. I never really talked about reincarnation because I was afraid people thought I was nuts, but I always wondered. Your comment makes me even more curious. Now I have to read more. It's all your fault. lol.

4. profile image0

IDONO
      I am glad you are going to read more on it.  You could start here
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen03.html

http://www.cinemaseekers.com/christ/reincarnation

5. IDONO profile image60

Deb: I can't help myself. Watch for next question.

6. profile image0

I'll be watching. I hope it will continue to let me  comment. As long as I am   replying, I guess it will

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)