jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

What life choices do YOU regret?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What life choices do YOU regret?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8092491_f260.jpg

2. Renee Abbott profile image84
    Renee Abbottposted 4 years ago

There are several, which I wont list. They have been my strongest teachers in life. I learned the lesson well, so I wont repeat again. They cost me seriously, yet I discovered one thing, all you have is yourself. Your money and possession mean nothing, you can loss them in a flash. All you have is yourself. All the worry you do about losing money, not making enough is futile in the end.

The one choice I will mention that I still regret was going home to lay down for a half hour, and sleep for several hours. I wasn't there to say goodbye to my husband when he died. This I will carry with me till I see him again, in the afterlife.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A good philosophical answer which leaves plenty of room for mature analysis and thought!

2. Taleb80 profile image81
      Taleb80posted 4 years agoin reply to this

@gmwilliams I agree with you. A good philosophical answer.

3. djdaniel150 profile image60
    djdaniel150posted 4 years ago

I don't regret anything really. We are all only human, we all make mistakes, and that's just the way it goes. Fortunately, for some of us, life is a growing intellectual experience in which we constantly learn from, but for others its a dead end road! There's no sense in being shameful or regretting everything. Wouldn't it be better to possibly accept our own mistakes and learn from them?

1. whatonmelodysmind profile image61
      whatonmelodysmindposted 4 years agoin reply to this

right. we should not let mistakes bring us to dead end  of road instead we should use it as a stepping stone to succeed. smile

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8093036_f260.jpg

Although I am happy, have indeed found "my true ain love, and have most wonderful children." I certainly regret not perservering with regards to my hockey career and perhaps making the "big league" or bringing it (more) to closure...

5. Darksage profile image77
    Darksageposted 4 years ago

Everything. That's why I learn to be me, without the things I regret I wouldn't not be me. But I realized that I regret to much that I forget to live my life. So now, I stopped to regret my choices, and just live through it, like most of us. But unlike most of us, these things I regret changes me to become a better person, to become who I want to be.

6. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

I was in a long term relation (27 years). But the true love was gone long before the relationship ended and my biggest regret is that I stayed in the relationship for the last 12 years.
    In the end there was nothing traumatic about its end we just went our separate ways.
    It cost me a great deal of money, but it is the lost time I really regret and will never get back.

1. whatonmelodysmind profile image61
      whatonmelodysmindposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear about it, I know how it hurts. But things has served its purpose. Separation happens because you are not meant to be with your partner. It could be someone is much deserving for your love.

2. Borsia profile image44
      Borsiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Moving on was no big thing, nor was the split. I've had lots of interesting, happy relationships and have a current GF who is a great girl.

7. whatonmelodysmind profile image61
    whatonmelodysmindposted 4 years ago

I have regretted several decisions in my life  (don't want to mention). However, because of my imperfection, I became stronger and better person. Those Wrong choices I've done, enabled me to move forward in life. "Experience is always the best teacher".

working