By what age should you know what you want to do with your life?

1. jabelufiroz profile image72
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

By what age should you know what you want to do with your life?

2. CroftRoan profile image81
    CroftRoanposted 4 years ago

As long as you can take care of yourself physically and you have the will power I don't think you can ever be too old to decide. The teen years are when people switch through the different options and decide what kind of adult they want to be. I personally was 17 when I decided I wanted to be a published writer and librarian. Though I changed my mind and went back to the librarian thing for a couple of years.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

There is no timeframe. In fact now that people are living longer we are seeing people have multiple careers. For example  Michael Crichton  was a medical doctor who went on to write novels  The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Twister, and produce the television show ER.
    You don't have to choose one thing at age 22 and do it until you die. Life is a personal journey.
    Colonel Harland Sanders is another late bloomer inspirational story. Over the course of  30 years, Sanders held jobs ranging from streetcar conductor to insurance salesman. In 1930, the then 40-year-old Sanders was operating a service station in Corbin, Kentucky, and it was there that he began cooking for hungry travelers who stopped in for gas. He didn't have a restaurant yet, so patrons ate from his own dining table in the station's humble living quarters.
    He was born in 1890 and didn't have his first resturant until 1955. (He was 65 years old). In less than 10 years he had 600 restuaruants.  Today KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) is known around the world.
    Not bad for a sixth grade drop out.

working