jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Does God "owe" anything to humanity?

1. rdlang05 profile image88
    rdlang05posted 4 years ago

Does God "owe" anything to humanity?

If God created us, do we DESERVE to receive anything from him? Or is anything he gives us completely an undeserved gift?

2. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

This is like asking "Since I gave birth to my children do I owe them anything" So if there is a God he/she/it owes as much as any other parent owes their children.

1. lone77star profile image82
      lone77starposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful, peeples. And you hit the nail on the head with this one.

God owes us His love and He gives it gladly. Only it's not for the bodies we wear only so briefly. It's for the children who look like Him, within us

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

No he does not own anything to us?  So that is an undeserved gift.

4. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

God does not owe us nothing, but we do deserve what he promises us or he would not allow us to receive gifts from above.

Laurie

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

No. We are owed nothing by God. He has given us life. Plus he has given his son Jesus Christ to be crucified so that if we accept him into our hearts we will be saved to an eternal life in Heaven. God has by far done enough.

1. lone77star profile image82
      lone77starposted 4 years agoin reply to this

And yet, this "parent" of ours has an infinite supply of everything. If we only were to awaken and ask, He would give it gladly. Too many attempt to ask as ego or Homo sapiens. God does not reply to rocks.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

lone.. ??? Do not understand my friend?

6. lone77star profile image82
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

God owes us His love and He gives it gladly and unconditionally. For He is Love.

God has an infinite abundance of love.

Only by our turning away from Him and becoming separate, did we give up love. By separateness (ego), we came to see love only dimly and incompletely.

By being separate (ego), we lost our ability to take 100% responsibility, thus we were capable of becoming victims and capable of blaming others.

I have seen this love and this responsibility. And miracles were suddenly effortless. I felt the warm embrace of the Heavenly Father, but then I grew afraid and lost the connection. Ever since that afternoon 36 years ago, I have hungered for that love. And I have been working on a way to allow that love more completely so that I would never waver again.

Imagine His joy when we awaken as spiritual beings, losing our attachments to this ego and this body. Even if we still live as humans for a few years longer, He would be overjoyed at having one of His children back and awake.

working