jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why we can’t see God and talk to him face to face? Why God is invisible?

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image75
    Sundeep Katariaposted 4 years ago

Why we can’t see God and talk to him face to face? Why God is invisible?

If we are God’s creation, If God loves his children, then where is God?
    Why doesn't God meet us? Can no one see God?
    Are there ways to see, meet and talk to God in this life?

2. Harishprasad profile image80
    Harishprasadposted 4 years ago

A guy named Narendra was seized of this question and he wandered here and there and asked so many spiritual and religious authorities. No one could satisfy his curiosity about this baffling phenomenon called God. At last he came face to face Sri RAMKRISHNA PARAMHANS, an highly enlightened soul and asked  him whether he saw  God. The saint replied," I see  God   as I see you". it is a history that the saint answered all curious   questions arising in the mind of inquisitive, intellectual and  somewhat sceptic young man. All this and more you can find in  the biography of the saint- Gospel of Sri RAMKRISHNA  PARAMHANS. Am sure you would have definitely read this book.  Though the saint has succeeded in seeing God and talking to  Him in various forms as he wished, even he has admitted that  such kind of feat is possible if the mind searches God in right  earnest and then only mind creates impossible miracle that is  vision of God in the forms as a devotee wishes them. It is said of  the saint that he used to see Mother Kali ( or vision of mother ? )  when he worshipped her in the temple. Sri RAMKRISHNA  PARAMHANS also meditated upon formless God or Parbrahman.  He justified both, God in form and God as formless,pure  Brahman. Also, nobody can convince a person verbally, it is a self  experience that one must strive to attain himself if one is so dead serious. As regards invisibility of God, I am of the view that all  emotions such as love, kindness, affection. hate, envy,  anger,greed,revenge and so on can be felt in the mind only and  through observation of our body expressions only, we can have  truthfulness of existence of these but these cannot be seen  visually in their full appearance. Nonetheless, we can not  rule out their existence. We can assume these as abstract things and not as tangible things such as table, car, house,window,body,earth,tree and so on that are too apparent to our sight and about their existence we are so dead sure that we can not deny their existence. So, like every abstract thing in the mind, God is also an abstract thing that can be seen and felt in our expression only and the most highly evolved expression is termed as the vision of God. Irony is that we admit so many abstract things daily as mentioned above and never think these to appear in tangible forms but the Master of all abstracts things,ideas and all tangible things is not accepted to us in abstract form, we insist on Him to come into tangible form though Hindus accept some avatars as tangible forms.

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image75
      Sundeep Katariaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for explaining through an apt example.

3. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

Because that would only be an illusion. Anything that appears is an illusion, including the body. That which is real and permanent is invisible. Hence we also return to invisibility, the real. It is also an act of faith. To believe in what cannot be seen. If you could see everything, there is no need for faith. We have a choice, to believe or not to believe. To believe in God or believe in nothing.

4. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

God is not physical, thus the law in the Judeo-Christian world against making graven images. Any such physical image would be a lie, because God has no such image.

God created us in His image and likeness, but He is not Homo sapiens. That means that we are inherently non-physical, too. These human bodies are only temporary vessels we wear.

I have seen God briefly, on occasion, not with eyes, but with spirit. These were times of great humility, love, responsibility and fearless confidence. I talk about these times in some of my hubs (including Anatomy of a Miracle, and OBE).