jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Is it okay to take revenge for any loss done to me?

1. chinmayXdas profile image83
    chinmayXdasposted 4 years ago

Is it okay to take revenge for any loss done to me?

2. Jasmeetk profile image85
    Jasmeetkposted 4 years ago

What I have learnt from life is to stay happy, live happy and keep happy your dear ones.
    Why to bother about taking revenge from those who don't care about how you feel? At the end, I will waste time in planning how to take revenge and keep myself upset and stressed by thinking about the loss happend to me. Is this valuable to others? of course no!! So why waste your time and life by thinking about such things... I spend my most of the time by planning how I can live happy and how I can give a smile on other's face smile

1. chinmayXdas profile image83
      chinmayXdasposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Nicely put
      smile

2. Jasmeetk profile image85
      Jasmeetkposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

Taking revenge makes you no better than the person who harmed you. There is a quote somewhere, it might be a Chinese proverb, that says "when embarking on a journey of revenge, start by digging two graves. One for your enemy, and one for yourself." Acceptance and forgiveness are the only way to personal peace.

1. lone77star profile image83
      lone77starposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Beautifully said, MT. And forgiveness includes love, responsibility, confidence and humility. Intelligence is not the only thing required for civilization to persist. Forgiveness is a cornerstone of the foundation.

4. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

I agree with MT for sure
    Two wrongs do not make a right and just adds fuel to the fire.
    It keeps going back and forth. Its the same situation when 2 guys want to fight, the better person should walk away and take being called names as they will be, but so what, the further they get they wont hear them calling you chicken any more , lol. However if the fight goes on it not only will spiral but may add friends in as well or should I say foes.

God says "Vengeance is mine I will repay. So leave it to the one who can take the sun and darken it if he wants.

Thats a good question as younger people may answer a bit differently or those that have been there. So it would be very interesting to hear the answers.

5. profile image0
    Dave36posted 4 years ago

No buddy it's like the others have said, it's not okay.
    What your supposed to do is learn from it, that's why these things happen.
    Believe me buddy life is a learning curve, & the sooner you start learning the better.
    The way to get over the feelings of wanting revenge, is to see that without "their" help you wouldn't know what you needed to work on.
    For instance the next time someone wants to argue with you, you don't stand there arguing back.
    You listen to what their saying, but you try to see where your feelings come from instead of arguing back.
    This will eventually lead to you being able to control your feelings, & also your emotions.
    However if some one we're to beat you up, well that would be a sign saying you need to learn how to fight better.
    Look at who you want to take revenge on, and then see why it happened in the first place.
    Did you somehow allow these things to happen to you?, & is there something you can do to avoid the same thing happening in the future.
    If there is then you've learn't a valuable lesson, & you should thank them for showing it to you.
    You don't literally thank them, but you thank them by not seeking any revenge.
    Keep doing that, but don't ever let anyone walk all over you buddy.

6. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Revenge is ego speaking. Ego does not take responsibility, but is great at placing blame. Ego does not love, but is happy to wallow in lust. Ego can never be humble, but will sometimes commit suicide just to show the rest of the world who is right. Ego can never be perfectly confident, but will sometimes be arrogant and fearful of being discovered, just as any bully would do.

Forgiveness is freedom from the ball and chain of resentment. When you take 100% responsibility for what someone else has done to you, you can no longer be a victim. How empowering is that!

working