jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Do people commonly realize that there is a super natural control placed upon the

1. profile image52
    tbHistorianposted 4 years ago

Do people commonly realize that there is a super natural control placed upon their environment

when things happen that they cannot explain?
    Recently, I was involved in a very serious natural disaster where 17 people died, but I was spared.
    I have been tossing and turning ever since due to the questions that rumble through my mind.
    As one who knows that God leads my life, I realize that He has more in store for me on earth.
    But what about those who perished? Were they finished with their work? Did the devil take them? So, I ask, why do you believe that these things happen?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8702318_f260.jpg

2. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

I believe in God. I live in a bad state were there are so much crime. I see the news every day. I am well protect by God. Those who die were the only  people who new themselves if their were good or bad. I am sure God bless and forgive.

1. profile image52
      tbHistorianposted 4 years agoin reply to this

God bless you forever and ever.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Because things happen.  One of the things that bothers me is when people who survive things proclaim "God saved me" - which implies that somehow those other people deserved to die.  The devil took them? really? After Joplin, I heard all kinds of people talking about how the Lord saved them. I guess he didn't care for the 100+ other people that perished including infants and children.

You got lucky - you are fortunate and should use your new lease on life, but it isn't because some supernatural power saved you and didn't spare the others.  There are many people who are religious/God fearing who die tragically every day. Did they not love God enough?

I know someone who is a very unkind person, and that's putting it mildly - he survived a crash and the very kind woman he was with was killed instantly.  What happened is her injuries happened to be worse based on the speed and trajectory of the accident. What about my friend in high school who was killed by a drunk driver as she walked down the sidewalk? She and two others teens with her dead - him, not even a scratch and he went high speed up onto the sidewalk and wiped out 3 people. She was a believer. I guess God was off duty that day, or the "devil" that took her was way too powerful.

I don't mean to sound snarky, seriously, but it bothers me deeply when people feel they are more worthy of being "saved" from tragedy than others.  I survived a near death experience in my teens - I got lucky, I don't believe for a minute a supernatural power saved me.  I had a very severe reaction in my early 30's to a medication that also almost killed me. I survived - got a new lease on life and feel very fortunate.  Others who died from similar reactions were no worse or better than me, they just simply didn't survive - that's all.  I am humbled by that and grateful for life, but I certainly don't blame or give credit to anything supernatural.

1. profile image52

The wicked spirit shall perish no matter how much or how little others do to attempt to save them.  Where you speak of children, we speak of spirit.  Others feel more worthy in the Lord's Kingdom because they follow the spirit through righteousness.

2. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow, so all those innocent people had "wicked spirits"   Glad God has you, I mean you are obviously so much more righteous than the rest of us heathens. So those babies had wicked spirits?  You prove my point actually.

3. profile image52

ChristinS - Only man chooses to proclaim that someone deserves to die. And many proclaim that babies are innocent. However, God does not work in that realm. God works through spirit that is reclaimed when the physical body dies. The innocent return.

4. GreenPrince profile image75
    GreenPrinceposted 4 years ago

Frankly speaking, we are all appointed to do one or two things before leaving the earth. I guess your time hasn't come to report to the universe designer yet. I agree with you that there are supernatural forces in control, even the lesser animals know this timeless truth. The moment we understand the secret of tapping into the realm of divinity, theses things will begin to make more sense to us. All religions practice "meditation" and i do also. i am a Christian and i have survive and benefited from many event by gaining understanding and control of the future.

1. profile image52

You are very wise.  Your wisdom will take you far.
      God bless you forever and ever.

5. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

Wrong place wrong time. The earth has it's destiny. No one can stop it or get in it's way. Even if no humans were on this planet, nature would still rock the earth. The other planets are catching events too. It's just that there are no humans in the way. We have to be wise enough to step aside and let nature take it's course. We have no votes in the matter.

1. profile image52

Innate behavior in nature is solidly proclaimed by transference of power from one element to another. Similarly, wisdom derived from nature leads mankind to accept need for action based on spirit. Self advancement requires righteousness. God bless.

working