jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Is Jesus Christ the Savior of the World?

1. paiarais profile image72
    paiaraisposted 3 years ago

Is Jesus Christ the Savior of the World?

Christians claim that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. What I do not understand is that the Bible says you cannot be saved if you do not submit your life to Jesus. How about the Islams, Buddhists, the Bahai'i, and everyone else who do not worship Jesus? Are they also saved by Jesus' death and resurrection?

2. Snøwman profile image61
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Everyone will resurrect according to this verse. For being saved from sin and accepted into the kingdom of God.

John 3:55 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

You need baptism to be accepted into the kingdom of God.

If you don't get accepted into the kingdom of God, it does not mean you go to Hell. There is a place for people that lived honorable lives that do not accept Christ.

paiaraisposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If that is so, what place is that?

2. Lori 94 profile image59
      Lori 94posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Salvation is offered by God through Jesus Christ. It is a gift. In order to be saved you must receive the gift. Following Jesus is a natural expression of receiving salvation, not a requirement before salvation.

3. paiarais profile image72

The Bible says that it is a requirement for eternal life. If you don't worship Jesus, you have no eternal life.

4. Snøwman profile image61
      Snøwmanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Eternal life and immortality are different things.
      This link explains better than I can what happens in the afterlife. It's really long but it has a lot of detail.  https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testa … 6?lang=eng

3. profile image0
    Richie Alburoposted 3 years ago

God love us that is why He gave his only begotten son.
    Jesus never ask if we are worthy but He make us all worthy by dying on the cross thus we are justified.

You as a Christian who believe in Christ are saved. What about everyone else? Are they worthless?

4. Lori 94 profile image59
    Lori 94posted 3 years ago

Can you tell me where in the Bible it says worship of Jesus is a requirement for eternal life? My beliefs come from the Bible and that is what I base my belief on.

The ONLY requirements for eternal life are belief in Jesus and acceptance of the gift of salvation.

Romans 10:9 says,
    "if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved"

God loves all people, however all people don't love Him. Those who accept Him are those who desire to be with Him. I have absolutely no way of knowing what others have in their heart. However, if they denounce Christ, they don't love God the Father.

1. Robert the Bruce profile image61
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Lori, obviously within a person's "belief" in Jesus is the natural inclination to worship him. After all, what are you believing? That Jesus is God. So you worship him. There's your answer.

working