jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe we have a 6th sense?

1. Chris Dela Cruz profile image61
    Chris Dela Cruzposted 3 years ago

Do you believe we have a 6th sense?

I've had incidents of my 6th sense sparking. I feel like I can feel, hear and sometimes see what others cannot see. More so recently I spoke to a few people in my family and they say my family is prone to be sensitive to that third universe of spirits.

I've had incidents of a pan flying out of my cabinet, my washer opening, seeing something run past through the mirror, and hearing and feeling a presence. I don't really think much of it most of the time and rather say it is my loved ones from my past just watching over me. What do you think? Do you experience the same thing?

2. danicole profile image79
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

I believe we all do have a sixth sense. Some peoples' sixth's sense are naturally stronger than others, but we all have the potential to develop it. There is a lot we don't know about our selves as human beings. Until someone can answer me, who we are? where we came from? If we were created or evolved? etc. Our origins are mysterious and the universe is far, wide, and infinite so anything is possible.

3. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I've never experienced those types of things on that level but I definitely believe in the 6th sense. We all have it, some of us are more in tuned to it than others. I am aware of sensing, seeing, and feeling at a heightened level. I enjoy watching the show "Long Island Medium" where the medium is able to connect with spirits to help people deal with unresolved grief.

4. profile image0
    Ian Moonposted 3 years ago

In my opinion our 6th sense is our sub-conscious self, & what our sub-conscious self has realised so far..So as we gain more control as our sub-conscious self, we're not distracted by our conscious minds interference as our identity as the self. :-)

5. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Definitely. Humans have a sixth sense. Close your eyes and touch the tip of your nose with your finger.

Ta-daaa! You've just demonstrated your sixth sense: Spatial Awareness! Da-da dah ba-dum bum.

Spoiler Alert: Humans have anywhere from 25 to 27 senses.

6. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

The broad answer is yes. From my understanding a sixth sense is intuitive awareness. That stretches from Deja Vu, which is an anomalous experience through to the paranormal experiences. Its concept arrived with ESP.

My narrow answer is most certainly while each may have been tuned differently. From out of body experiences to near death experiences to encounters with other dimensions I tend to think each has a different tune-up of awareness. At question is if they all are innate and only some become consciously aware and others not. Of course their acceptability too.

7. Ana Koulouris profile image78
    Ana Koulourisposted 3 years ago

I certainly believe we have a sixth sense. Some may have a more developed sense than others, but it's there in most people. I've had strange experiences just like yours (i.e., hearing footsteps upstairs when I'm alone in the house, an object missing one moment and suddenly appearing the next, etc.).