jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Have you suffered pain and anguish that is leading you to God?

1. Craan profile image68
    Craanposted 3 years ago

Have you suffered pain and anguish that is leading you to God?

You are not alone! The Church of Christ is searching for its lost lambs! Jesus suffered and so we suffer too. We call out to God to help us with our troubles. Hopefully, He will hear us!

2. Maria Antonia profile image60
    Maria Antoniaposted 3 years ago

Hi Craan,
    Do we suffer because Jesus suffered or do we suffer because life is a mix of joy and suffering? A constant flow of the two conditions, like the joy of birth and the sadness that we feel when someone we love dies.  We also suffer because we don't always make the best decisions in life, or we trust the wrong people, or because there is just suffering as part of the human condition.  I see God as a loving God, not a vengeful Father inflicting pain on us until we return home and back to the fold.

3. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

My earliest inking of pain and anguish was an ontological dream at age 2 or 3. It was a nightmare which started rather blissfully, suddenly understanding an ancient Truth that allowed me to take flight. But then Faith turned to Doubt, and I began to sink. Dark claws reached up to grab me and I awoke, kicking my covers off to keep the sharp talons from touching me.

All suffering comes from Ego -- self-concern. Christ said it best when he told us that the First (egoist) shall be last, and the Last (humble and loving) shall be first. When we love without any self-concern, Christ hears us. The heavens open up and miracles occur.

4. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 3 years ago

I have experienced a few times when pain and anguish have caused me to look up and to value the love God extends towards me. It is through the suffering we learn to trust in his direction. Faith is the result and that is something to value eternally.

1. Craan profile image68
      Craanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

God must be calling you @Teaches12345 to be closer to Him. You'll be able to find more answers at a Church of Christ, the only Church that has Christ's named stamped on it. Jesus Christ Purchased His Church With His Own Life's Blood!