This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What are you giving up for lent?

1. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

What are you giving up for lent?

If you're not abstaining from the traditional "no meat," what are you abstaining from?

2. mrshamim ahmed profile image59
    mrshamim ahmedposted 3 years ago

Yes I am giving up for lent. But sometime it is broken your relation.

1. Craig Suits profile image78
      Craig Suitsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Do the smart thing, give up your religion for lent...

3. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 3 years ago

Observing Lent is not among my traditions, but your question keeps slapping me in the face.  So for this Lent, I'm giving up desserts.

4. Craig Suits profile image78
    Craig Suitsposted 3 years ago

I'm not giving up a thing but with ALL DUE RESPECT, you are giving up much more than a food item or some social significant.
    You are giving up your freedom to think for yourself by continuing to abide by one of dozens of man made rules and regulations simple introduced to keep, control, and track the churches congregation.
    Once they have you, these professionals aren't about to let you get away without a fight.
    You keep obeying their fairy tales and they will happily continue hauling your money to the bank. It's that simple.
    Here is your chance to help end this age-old scourge of humanity that even now as I speak, threatens to annihilate us all through endless religious wars that have already taken the lives of BILLIONS of our young not to speak of destroying just about everything we've ever managed to build.
    End this religious insanity and think for yourself for a change if your not already too far gone....

1. jaydawg808 profile image89
      jaydawg808posted 3 years agoin reply to this

This is funny. I'm not giving up my freedom. I have a freedom of choice. I was simply asking a question directed toward others who do follow this. And, nobody is taking my money as you so kindly implied. I have control over that as well.

5. profile image69
    jmark13posted 3 years ago

I think it's best that we fight this whole "lent" thing, or anything that keeps people indoctrinated. I understand why someone would say to respect a tradition or culture but those days are far behind us now and everyone should act accordingly.

1. Craig Suits profile image78
      Craig Suitsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well said. We either fight organized religion or one day, some brain washed moron is going to pop a cork and release a pathogen that will destroy us all. We are in an emergency situation. We either stop this insanity or you can kiss our asses good by

working