jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

"Someone has it worse than you". Are we not supposed to be happy b/c someone has

1. woahthere profile image63
    woahthereposted 3 years ago

"Someone has it worse than you". Are we not supposed to be happy b/c someone has it better than us?

Alot of people try to tell us don't be sad someone has it worse than you , well wouldn't that mean we shouldn't be happy because someone has it better? How can one help someone else while hurt inside?

2. Paul K Francis profile image81
    Paul K Francisposted 3 years ago

I like it when I see good people do well, regardless of my own situation, and l believe that helping others can help us with our own hurts. Its just the way things work. Its a beautiful thing.

3. cobrien profile image78
    cobrienposted 3 years ago

If your people are not validating your emotions, then maybe you should find new people. You have a right to your emotions and nobody has the right to take that away from you. If somebody is feeling sad, their people should be supportive, not try to talk them out of it. Sometimes helping others when we are hurting can help ease our own pain.
    You are responsible for your own happiness. People who count their blessings are usually the happiest. It's all about attitude, not what you have that makes you happy.

4. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

that person is trying to console you, he is trying to be kind, soothe your wounds rather than rubbing salt over it. You may feel that "yeah, at least I am not that worst" just to ease your ego.

working