Do You See The Duality In The Bible and Chrstianity?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

Do You See The Duality In The Bible and Chrstianity?

Jesus as the feminine and Paul as the Maculine.  Jesus as the softer side and Paul as the harsher side.  Jesus never converted nor made churches and Paul did convert and made churches.  Followers of Paul (Paulean doctrine) opposes Jesus Chrsit doctrine.  Step back and assess and what do you come up with?

2. Austinstar profile image84
    Austinstarposted 9 years ago

Well, you know me. I, personally think the bible, and the concepts found therein, is analyzed to death.
    When I read the bible (and it was many years ago), I approached it as I do all written works. I read what it actually has to say
    The stories are just stories. The parables are lessons disguised as stories, but they are easy to figure out. The violence and 'god' sensationalism is like watching a big movie. It seems like it was for entertainment purposes as they didn't have TV back in those days, so they exaggerated everything and made the stories as SHOCKING as possible.
    Part of the bible is just genealogy and serves no other purpose that I can see. Part is just a record of "laws" that people used to go by, but are now quite outdated and overruled by current society.
    The man versus woman stuff is the most puzzling to me. Part of the bible actually glorifies women and part demonizes women (as a profile of all women).
    So, as far as Jesus being 'feminine' and Paul being masculine, I really don't understand what the purpose of portraying them that way would be.
    If Jesus and Paul were real people, then I can only surmise that they had their own real personalities and we shouldn't try to second-guess  what underlying persona they were trying to convey.
    But if the bible was written by an author that wanted to portray them as fictional characters with feminine and masculine traits, that's a whole different thing.
    Quite naturally, I prefer the story of Jesus and his message over the one of Paul. Maybe it does reflect on the feminine personality?

Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What I see is that the curch uses Paul over Jesus and when others use Jesus they are ignored.  Division.  Paul was Roman (Catholic) and Jesus was ESSENE (Jewish)  Paul taught against women in Church, Jesus taught the good of women.  I go with Jesus.

2. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I would go with Jesus also!

3. MizBejabbers profile image87
      MizBejabbersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Me too!

3. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 9 years ago

I think you may have a point. The scrolls and scriptures that are being found today and not mistranslated to death portray Jesus in a different light than that of the New Testament writers. Partly because he is a more spiritual being than the minds of that time could understand and convey to the public, and his historical image is partly a product of Roman propaganda. As for Paul, I could not figure out why people would follow him, or even trust him for that matter. I certainly would not trust a serial killer to be my spiritual leader. It seems to be coming to the forefront now that Paul was definitely a product of Roman propaganda.  Rome ruled Jerusalem and the lands surrounding the Holy Land, so they would want their “man” to control the religion of these people.
    I, for one, will never believe that Jesus said, “Render unto God what is God’s and unto Caesar what is Caesar’s. I think that is more Roman propaganda. If some truth did manage to squeak into the Biblical history of Jesus, remember that his efforts with Nicodemas the tax collector were not exactly pro-tax or pro-wealth.
    I see Jesus as a teacher who taught the people and healed the sick. He didn’t organize anything for the common man. He called the little children to him and told people to forgive the shortcomings of “sinners”. I don’t see a lot of that in the zealot Paul. Most of what I read was his telling Timothy how to run the church.

4. parrster profile image82
    parrsterposted 9 years ago

The only record of Jesus' life and teaching are those recorded by his apostles (or those near to them). Those same apostles also accepted Paul and his teachings as being from Christ. How should that impact our acceptance of Paul's teachings. If we cannot trust the apostles affirmation of Paul's authority, then we might as well give up on Christ as well, because those very same apostles are the only affirmation we have of Christ's life, teachings and authority.

Paul was a Liar and scripture proves it.  http://false-apostle-paul-archive.blogs … r-and.html

2. MizBejabbers profile image87
      MizBejabbersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not really, if you read an account of the life of Jesus' brother, James, you will find that Paul basically "stole" the church from the real apostles. He was from Tarsus, a Roman citizen, and nearly 50 before he was converted.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image67

When you steal, youhave to lie to cover it up.  That's is fine bcuz the church stole the creation story anyway too.  Thou Shalt Not Steal or Bear False Witness.  Go figure!

4. parrster profile image82
      parrsterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'd rather quote Peter, (2 Peter 3:15-16), "..as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of things, in which are some things hard to understand...

5. Radical Rog profile image70
    Radical Rogposted 9 years ago

The bible was written to promote the doctrine of Christianity, not the teachings of Christ.

1. Chris Neal profile image78
      Chris Nealposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, quite the opposite.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67

@Chris, not all of Christ's teaching is in that one book, but a whole of of Paul's is and that is DIVISION.  Paul was a Deceiver and Liar. We must read other books about Jesus to know the truth. Church took them out or left them out for a reason.

3. Chris Neal profile image78

If by 'church' you mean "all the people who were Christians before 100 AD" then you are correct. That group did decide which books were true (NOT the council of Nicea) for a reason. Which is why the other books are counterproductive.

6. Chris Neal profile image78
    Chris Nealposted 9 years ago

"Jesus as feminine/Paul as masculine' is way, way, way more Freud than New Testament. Jesus preached loving your neighbors but He was hardly some ooey-gooey hippy spreading the 'free love' doctrine. If you actually read what Jesus said, some of it was exceedingly harsh, including the parts about people being consigned to a very unpleasant afterlife if they don't accept God. What you seem to be pushing is much more of a church issue than a Biblical one.

Not at all.  H said that We are Gods and That God Is WITHIN US and so are all the laws.  What we do and think affects our world and also that of others.  That was his main message.  I never said he was ooey, gooey hippy.  Onthe comtary he was a rebel

2. Chris Neal profile image78

Jesus made it clear that we are not God, or even really 'gods.' The Laws were also externally given. To say that Jesus is "feminine" is to imply a softness that He did not show. But yes, what we do does effect others as well as ourselves.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)