Has a dead loved one communicated with you from beyond the grave?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Has a dead loved one communicated with you from beyond the grave?

Do you believe that there is life after death, and that the dead can communicate with the living? If so please let me know what your experience was.  I will be happy to share mine.

2. dougwest1 profile image96
    dougwest1posted 9 years ago

Not a word. All quiet from the beyond. I guess my deceased loved ones are just resting.

Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like you are comfortable with that smile   RIP.

3. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 9 years ago

The deceased do not communicate with you.  They are either in heaven with God or in hell.  Any entity that tries to contact you is really a demon impersonating the one you love.  Don't react to it.  Pray and it should leave you.

1. lisavollrath profile image93
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In the Catholic belief system, some of them are in Purgatory, which is neither Heaven nor Hell. Those souls are waiting to expiate their sins before ascending to Heaven.

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@ Lisa.  Just being curious.  Where does it speak of Purgatory in the Holy Bible?

3. lisavollrath profile image93
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@Virgil, all you have to do is Google: http://www.catholic.com/blog/tim-staple … -the-bible

4. profile image0
      Stargrrlposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I disagree with Catholic belief in Purgatory.  If you are saved, you are saved.  If you are going to go to hell, you will go.  No waiting place.  This is the waiting place.  When you die, it is decided.

5. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@SG, you said that when you die your are dead, so why worry about heaven or hell?

6. profile image0

Thank you for the link Lisa.  I disagree with purgatory, unless it is the town that Clint Eastwood painted red then burned down after killing all those outlaws.  The Holy Bible says, "it is appointed to man once to die, then judgment."  No purgatory.

7. Lady Guinevere profile image66

@SD are you implying that the Catholic Church lies?  Think of what you are saying.

8. profile image0

LG, are you stalking me?  Lisa did not give an answer but a link to a website.  I merely stated what the Holy Bible says.

9. Lady Guinevere profile image66

SD what the heck are you talking about?  I question you ONCE and that is considere stalking?  Good Grief Man!!!

10. profile image0

LG, I have a super soaker that holds half a gallon of water, primed and ready to use.

11. Lady Guinevere profile image66

@SD, hahahahaha!  A Yuwie Dunk! LOL Have a great Day!!

12. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
      LoisRyan13903posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Just curious where Purgatory is mentioned in the Bible?  I know the word Purgatory is possibly a manmade word-such as The Rapture-but where is the concept mentioned.

4. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Hi Stargrrl - I believe I have had a different experience with my father's spirit shortly after he passed, and there was nothing demonic about it.  He was trying to comfort me, that this is not the end of life, just a continuation on the journey. 

It began with a flashing overhead light, that blinked on and off for 3 weeks. I ignored it, and thought faulty wiring. That was until my father came to me in a very intense dream that gave me hope. This dream was like no other, and it started me on a quest.

After the dream, the light stopped flickering, and has not done it again for 10 years.  The room also warmed back up again - it had become frigid, when it was normally the warmest room in the house.

1. ChristinS profile image41
      ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've been visited too, by the one man who protected me from a lot of real life "demons" - and it was comforting and life affirming, so yeah I agree with you.

5. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

Nope. I didn't listen to most of them while they were living, so there's no reason to expect they'd waste their afterlife trying to reach me.

Nice to see you Lisa!  Do you believe it's possible for the dead to communicate with the living if they had something to share you did need to know?

6. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

Definately life after death!  I was visited by my grandmother after she passed away.  I was also visited by my mother-in-law when she passed over and also by my father who passed over last May 27, 2014.  None of them are demonic.  My grandmother on my father's side could not talk to me to get to know me and so she took that time to really get to know me and I her.  It was a wonderful experience.  My mother-in-law came to me when my husband and I were at a Knight's Of Columbus convention.  She appered to me when I was in the hotel room after the dinner dance and ceremonials wee finished.  I was just laying there watching some TV. She never said a word to me.
    My father came to me t see what we had done and all the upgrades that we had made to his cabin in the woord that was his vacation home.  He had a smile on his face as I saw him at the bottom of my bed and then he just faded away.

7. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 9 years ago

Actually I see and hear my cat all the time.  It is almost two years since he got out of the house on me and was hit by a car.  This cat was like the son I never had.  He had a great personality and loved to sit by my head waking me up with his loud purr.  A lot of times he would put his paw on my face and try to pet me.  My husband had buried him in the back yard and I could hear his meow.  A lot of times out of the corner of my eye I would see him coming towards me.  But then he would disappear when I turn to look at him-even just a few days ago I saw him silently jumping from my bed to the dresser.  Once in a while while I am sitting in my chair or lying in my bed, I hear his loud purr.  Some people might think I am imaging it and maybe I would agree but my older daughter who loved this cat as  much as I did had the same types of experiences.

That is lovely to hear!  I believe animals can see ghosts and other entities; why shouldn't they be able to return, especially if they were very loved and deeply missed.

8. tsadjatko profile image66
    tsadjatkoposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12318511_f260.jpg

Definitely! Did you hear about this?

Somewhere in Houston, a widow just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a minister who was called home to glory following a heart attack. The widow decided to check her e-mail since she was expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted. The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife
    Subject: I've Arrived
    Date: November 18, 2004

I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send e-mails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

PS. Sure is freaking hot down here.

When I heard this I thought yeah, well there is proof!

But then I learned the rest of the story. You see a Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules. So, the husband left Minneapolis and flew to Florida on Thursday, with the wife flying down the following day. The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an e-mail to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her e-mail address, and without realizing his error, sent the e-mail.

So there, by far the best proof I've ever seen of the dead communicating with the living, out the window!

9. DarkestDreams profile image61
    DarkestDreamsposted 8 years ago

Yes, I believe some of my dead family members do visit me and my family.  When my uncle first died, we used to smell coffee all the time (he drank it all day) and radios used to turn on all the time (he always played his radio).  Currently, many members of my family can smell perfume when no one is there.  My grandmother always wore perfume.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)