jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why Jesus Christ is the right one in a religion?

1. musicbacs profile image70
    musicbacsposted 3 years ago

Why Jesus Christ is the right one in a religion?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12341537_f260.jpg

2. Sharp Points profile image96
    Sharp Pointsposted 3 years ago

What do you mean? I don't understand what you are asking.

1. musicbacs profile image70
      musicbacsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hello Sharp Points, I am sorry for that.  May I reinstate my question.  Why is Jesus Christ is the right one to have in a protestant religion? thank you.

3. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 3 years ago

I may not know what you are asking precisely, but if asking "Is Jesus Christ the Only "One" Christians Should Worship?"  The answer is "Yes!"  The Scriptures say that by the name of Jesus Christ in Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Religion (as you know) is man-made doctrine and Christianity describes followers of Jesus or of the apostles' doctrine (Acts 2:42).  Most "Christians" say "I will not follow Paul's, Peter's or any of the apostles' doctrine for they are not Jesus!"  They don't realize that it was Jesus speaking through the apostles!  Let me explain.  As you know, we now live under the New Covenant of Grace and Mercy.  How did we get there?  In Jeremiah 31:31-33 God spoke through the Prophet Jeremiah saying of the New Covenant "...After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts and write it in their hearts..." He said the same thing in Hebrews 8:10; 10:16.  In John 14:26 and 16:13 He "promised" a Comforter (Holy Spirit) to do this.  On the day of Pentecost Jesus asked the disciples to go into the upper room and "wait for the promise" which ye have heard from me" (Acts 1:4).  Acts 2:1-2 "When the day of Pentecost was fully come" (v2) the Comforter (Holy Spirit) came as "a sound from heaven like a "rushing mighty wind" and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit.  Afterwards, the Holy Spirit began "putting His laws into their minds, and writing them in their hearts" and the apostles spoke whatever the Holy Spirit (Jesus) told them to speak thereafter!  So in essence, it was Jesus talking through the apostles via the Holy Spirit!

Did you notice Acts 2:42?  Did you notice what Peter told all in Acts 2:38 after being asked in v37 "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"  He told them in v38 "Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." 

Religion would have you believe one should be baptized according to Matthew 28:19 which is a lie!  At that time, we had not gone under the New Covenant in which we now live!  The New Covenant had not yet been fulfilled because "the promise" did not come until the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came "as a rushing might wind!"     

You see what "religion" has done?  It continues to lose more and more souls.  That's why Scripture says in II Timothy 2:15 "Study...!"

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

it is up to you to decide which religion is best for you. I can't say Jesus is absolutely right because buddhism and islam will be angry, it will be unfair.

5. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

Every religion believes that their religion is the "right" one. We all think we have superior knowledge over those who believe different than ourselves. Natural human reaction. After all it would be pretty hard to believe in something if they were constantly thinking about the thousands of other gods and the odds that theirs is the only real one.
    It's comforting for many to feel their belief is the right one. As long as their comfort doesn't come at a cost to others then I'm all for it! If they choose to believe Jesus Christ (Christianity) is the right one or if they choose Poseidon, as long as their belief doesn't hurt others that is all that matters to me.

working