jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why didn't God foresee Adam and Eve's rebellion and attempt to stop their sin fr

1. Joseph O Polanco profile image39
    Joseph O Polancoposted 2 years ago

Why didn't God foresee Adam and Eve's rebellion and attempt to stop their sin from being passed on?

2. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 2 years ago

The stories in the first 5 books of the Bible were written by Kabbalists (like those of Bnei Baruch) as spiritual lessons, not as literal events. I suspect that there might be some literalness there, but mostly not.

According to the writers of the Bible, everything is going according to plan. Sin (ego) is the separateness we have from each other and from God. We have to work our way through this, back to Love (agape).

We are all immortal children of God wearing temporary Homo sapiens flesh. Some of us are more aware of this than others. Some can even perform miracles, because they are of Love and Spirit.

Read Genesis 5:2 carefully. This is one clue to the hidden wisdom to be found, if you are humble and hungry enough.

1. Zelkiiro profile image94
      Zelkiiroposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I dunno about some of the wackier stuff in this post, but the answer to the question is correct: The book of Genesis, especially the early chapters, is made up of folk tales to give spiritual lessons, not bore ancient people with any actual history.

3. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 2 years ago

God allowed it to happen because He wanted Adam and Eve to make their own choice.  He wants people to love Him because they want to love Him, not because they are programmed to.  If He stopped the sin, they would be loving Him out of ignorance, for they wouldn't have a choice.  He wanted them to choose.

1. feenix profile image60
      feenixposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Stargrrl, you hit the nail squarely on the head. The fact that God gives human beings free will to do whatever they please is a concept that many, if not most, people cannot comprehend.

2. lawrence01 profile image80
      lawrence01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree totally. I was going to put a comment somewhat similar but this one is right and for God to do anything else results in our loss of freedom of choice