jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What Does The Bible Say About Romantic Love?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 2 years ago

What Does The Bible Say About Romantic Love?

2. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago

Romantic Love and Bible Principles

The physical love shared by a man and a woman in the marriage arrangement is truly a gift from God. (Prov. 5:15-17) However, the word eʹros,which refers to romantic love, is not used by the inspired Bible writers. Why not?  Because “Today the whole world seems to be committing the same mistake the ancient Greeks did. They worshiped Eros as a god, bowed at his altar and offered sacrifices to him. . . . But history shows that such worship of sexual love only brought degradation, debauchery and dissolution. Perhaps that is why the Bible writers made no use of the word.” For us to avoid getting involved in relationships based purely on physical attraction, romantic feelings must be tempered, or controlled, by Bible principles. So ask yourself, ‘Are my romantic feelings balanced with true love for my companion?’

There is also a pagan image of this god eros in a temple in france in the  nude on display.

Romantic love is a beautiful thing but we must not veer off the road truth and the real meaning making a beautiful thing something ugly with pagan worship.

3. Motherbynature profile image76
    Motherbynatureposted 2 years ago

The Bible encourages romantic love!  The book of Song of Solomon aka Song of Songs is dedicated to romantic sensual love.

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—
    for your love is more delightful than wine.
    Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes;
    your name is like perfume poured out.
    No wonder the young women love you!
    Take me away with you—let us hurry!
    Let the king bring me into his chambers"   -Song of Solomon 1:1-4 NIV

Sexuality within a marriage is beautifully celebrated in this book.  It's like reading letters between a man and a woman who are deeply in love

"Your breasts are like two fawns,
    like twin fawns of a gazelle
    that browse among the lilies." -Song of Solomon 4:5 NIV

1. Kiss andTales profile image80
      Kiss andTalesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes this is so beautifully said as written, I totally agree of scriptures .