jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What's more important in life, the visible or the invisible?

1. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

What's more important in life, the visible or the invisible?

I guess this is a question about inner thoughts and outer realities. From dark energy to sub-atomic matter, from faith to hope to love and on to more fantastical concepts like phantoms, the subconscious and dreams. Is it possible to gauge the importance of one over the other?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Hmmm ... good question and a tough one. I think it depends on what is the visible or invisible at the moment. Obviously (to me) love is more important than something invisible like phantoms. Love is an emotion yet visible in expression, it can also be invisible when not being expressed. The subconscious and dreams are invisible, yet can be very important if they signal something that must be done, or a warning of danger. So, my answer? "What is ... at the moment..."

chef-de-jourposted 2 years agoin reply to this

OK Phyllis, thanking you. I asked this question without even thinking about an answer! Typical. I think the arts in all forms can help express those invisible forms going on in our heads and hearts. What we don't see sort of sparks things into life

3. Happy Moment profile image83
    Happy Momentposted 2 years ago

The invisible part of life controls almost everything of what is visible.The invisible world controls our thoughts and our thoughts determine our actions that is the visible part of life. The invisible part of life always win.

It's fascinating to try and imagine just how a thought sparks, develops and materialises in the visible world. To picture how this something invisible 'controls' this process is a limitless exercise!! Thanks for the answer.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12683078_f260.jpg

From a physical point I imagine 9 out 10 blind people would rather have their eyesight. However from a metaphysical point I believe the visible and "invisible" AKA "yet to have appear" work hand in hand.
    As one adage goes: If you can see it in your mind you can hold it in your hand." Essentially (imagination) is the seed of creation.
    Our "invisible thoughts and visions" precede our natural experiences.
    We tend to "picture" having or doing something (before) it manifests or shows up in our lives. "Without (vision) the people perish."
    My take on that statement is you must be able to "see" what you want (in your mind) before you can experience it in "the natural".
    How many times have we heard someone giving a "thank you" speech after winning an award and stating:
    "I (dreamed about this moment) as a little girl or boy."
    In other words (they saw it) long before we ever did
    Having the ability to "create" is more important than being limited to only seeing the end product after the fact. In other words:
    The journey is more important than the destination!

Thank you, some food for thought in this answer. We all somehow rely on the invisible - the subconscious energies constantly at work - I guess when these are harnessed we can use them for good in our lives.

working