jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you prefer to believe in God, Science or a mixture of both?

1. wiserworld profile image92
    wiserworldposted 2 years ago

Do you prefer to believe in God, Science or a mixture of both?

2. Oztinato profile image70
    Oztinatoposted 2 years ago

God and science were always "mixed". Scientists were for thousands of years the priests of various cultures. Even into the last few centuries there were many scientists who were monks, priests and mostly deeply spiritual people. There has never been any attempt at seperation between God and science until the last few years.

3. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

If you read "Creation" magazine (available online as well) you will see that science and God can coexist.

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

Science itself teaches that all is Energy. The concept of this Energy in Yoga philosophy, is Something called Consciousness, a similar word, Spirit, being used in the West. Yoga Philosophy maintains that it is beyond the realm of the mind. Hence Meditation and Mysticism. No proof is needed there but direct perception of the Light.

All is Spirit, (Consciousness) God, and Science is a complimentary aspect of this Consciousness. Nothing comes out of an empty void, and everything within the Void, has a use and purpose. I might add that this includes religion, atheism and other theisms, as well as the form and formless; the finite and the infinite; angels and devils ...

All is an inclusive and complimentary Whole. Much Peace.

5. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Wow! An interesting question, which with much pondering could be mind blowing of least with myself. For now preference is synergistic in form, which some may view as an oxymoron. I am happy with that :-)

6. SpiritusShepherd profile image61
    SpiritusShepherdposted 2 years ago

I believe in both God and science, I even agree with the concept of evolution. I don't think science has to be seen as a threat to our faith or that it should be something we ignore, because of our belief in God.
    I enjoy watching science and nature documentaries and learning how the earth work, it reminds me what an amazing God we have that he keeps the world in balance.