jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why the word ‪"Political Islam" taken as a ‪threat ?

1. Khawaja Iqbal profile image72
    Khawaja Iqbalposted 23 months ago

Why the word ‪"Political Islam" taken as a ‪threat ?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13009135_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

Because it means Shariah law, a political system that privileges Islam over all other religions. Because it means putting a system of law in that reinforces religious edicts over everyone, regardless of faith and regard for human rights.
    So you get results like Aceh province caning an elderly Christian woman for selling alcohol, Shariah patrols punishing any woman for not veiling. You get courts that count a woman or Christian's testimony as half that of a man, as well as devaluing them in inheritance cases.
    Child marriages, spousal abuse, marital rape and denying a woman support while failing to divorce her all become legal when Islamic religious rules take effect.

3. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 23 months ago

One can live in a vacuum. One can only look to the stars. But I live in a world where my Christian brothers and sisters are killed in the name of Islam by political nut jobs that destroy the faith of good.
    My airport security lines and beefed up security at functions might just be a response to the Political Islam threat. Wow, one group of fanatics hurting so many in the day to day.
    Please show me a good side to Political Islam.

1. tamarawilhite profile image91
      tamarawilhiteposted 23 months agoin reply to this

The West talks about separating church and state, but Christianity has the staying what is God's and what is Ceaser's. In contrast, Islam does not separate the two - so the faith says set up a Caliph, the Caliph is to spread Islam. Islam IS political

4. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 23 months ago

We honor various religions in America. But security for our people means keeping evil at a safe distance. Islam could be a choice but not a reason for changing laws that bash women. Women here have rights. Everyone has rights. We pray our America always gives respect to their people no matter their gender or their strengths. The world needs freedom not to be tormented by those who twist their own religious beliefs into rules no living being should be exposed to. Political Islam would certainly be a great treat.

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 23 months ago

I am not familiar with the term, as this is the first that I have heard of it.

working