jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its life...

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its life...

believing it is stupid.

Quote by Albert Einstein

What are your thoughts or experiences along this vein of thinking?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13077290_f260.jpg

2. profile image60
    Leigh Moirposted 20 months ago

I agree with this quote. It makes me think of the education system, and how every student, however different they are, is measured by the same means and is graded in the same way as students that learn in different ways.

3. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

Leigh if you are a Teacher? I instantly have admiration and respect for you.

Teachers are set impossible tasks and have to wear many hats.

To me everyone is a genius. That is everyone excels at one thing at least in their lifetime. The shame though is some find their niche too late in life or somehow circumstances makes them miss the boat for some reason. And the person is therefore not illiminated at their personal best. Its a shame for them and others.

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 20 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12865233_f260.jpg

Quote aside.  Not everyone is a genius.  In fact, most people are intellectually average.   Geniuses are very rare & few.  This is an undeniable fact of life.  To believe that everyone has genius is very fallacious in scope.  Most people are mediocre, only a few people are geniuses or have genius. 

Gifted & talented people are rare & far between.  Why do people insist that EVERYONE has talent or has genius?  Is to inflate fragile egos?  Let us get real here,  talented people are few.  People who are genius are a minute part of the human population.  Most people are abhorringly..........AVERAGE, it is time TO FACE, ACKNOWLEDGE this fact & move on.

threekeysposted 20 months agoin reply to this

True Grace.

And..I wanted to broaden our definition of Genius to share it around.

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 20 months ago

Apparently, Albert Einstein was a great scientist but not so much of a great philosopher. The statement he made is as alarming as it is meaningless.
    The more important issue isn't genius versus non genius, it is having people with potential not even trying to convert it into their best achievement.

Genius transcends instructions it is already programmed into them. Teachers don't really do much for geniuses, but they can develop the potential of the other students.

That pinnacle for each person may not be genius, but it would be their best. Too many people in this world don't reach for their best.
    This can be apply to mostly everyone one, and it doesn't involve the extreme of genius and stupid.

threekeysposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thankyou for your intelligent appraisal bradmasterocCal. Always look foward to your viewpoint...

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
      bradmasterOCcalposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thanks ThreeKeys, you are on the short list of those that look fwd to my viewpoint.

working