jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Can a person truly be happy in a world filled with uncertainties and troubles?

1. snapcracklepop profile image61
    snapcracklepopposted 17 months ago

Can a person truly be happy in a world filled with uncertainties and troubles?

According to the Bible it is possible to be happy under difficult circumstances.

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 17 months ago

First you have to define what truly happy is then you can determine if you can be happy in spite of the uncertainties and troubles around you.
    For me, being happy is watching my kitties play with each other and with themselves; watching squirrels discover a nut then look around to make sure no one noticed; listening to birds sing; smelling a wonderful Chrysler Imperial rose; walking outside in the cold; crawling into bed the first time after washing the sheets; and just all kinds of other things. These things make me happy and they are a counterbalance to all those uncertainties and troubles that are all around us. They don't change anything but they fill your mind and heart with smiles.

PS Don't forget daffodils...

1. snapcracklepop profile image61
      snapcracklepopposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Our needs met on a daily basis. (Sufficient Food, Decent Shelter, Clothing, Decent Employment to meet the needs of one's family). Without those basic necessities those things that you mentioned can be difficult in  bringing happiness into one's life.

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 17 months agoin reply to this

I could dwell on facts like my rent being raised over $80 and being charged a per pet fee on top of that--all of which I can't afford--but I choose to be happy in my small ways. I refuse to be turned into a bitter old woman by events! Happy Happy

3. snapcracklepop profile image61
      snapcracklepopposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Without the basic necessities in life it would be hard for someone to concentrate on being happy or appreciating the small things in life. It's not impossible to be happy when lacking our needs but it sure makes our life happier having our needs met.

4. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 17 months agoin reply to this

I don't know if it makes your life happier but it makes it easier. Easier though isn't always better...

3. snapcracklepop profile image61
    snapcracklepopposted 17 months ago

Cissy it makes my life happier when I have me and my family's basic needs met outside of our wants....Its called contentment and gratitude, as well as thankfulness to God for supplying our daily needs. And yes it does make it easier when we have the things we need to sustain life....Those are less worries we have to think about when our basic necessities are met. With that in mind we then can concentrate on the small blessings in life more fully.

working