jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Just Got Lucky: Name One Way To Increase Luck in One's Life. Or, is there is no

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 17 months ago

Just Got Lucky: Name One Way To Increase Luck in One's Life. Or, is there is no such thing as Luck?

Some say if we are open to luckiness we notice opportunities everywhere. But if we dont believe in the existence of luck/opportunities we overlook them.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13189614_f260.jpg

2. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 17 months ago

“Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

~ Roman philosopher Seneca (4 BC)

3. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 17 months ago

Being open and being prepared:) Very realistic.

4. Reluctant Revival profile image76
    Reluctant Revivalposted 17 months ago

There is no such thing as random chance (luck). Everything was planned out before the beginning of time by God. God thought of all the scenarios that mankind could possibly do before He gave free will to mankind. So, "Luck" isn't really luck - it is according to God's plan.

threekeysposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I can't lie. I do wonder still from time to time if we are fated because I know with my own life it has taken on its own life and Im sure im not that incompetent in making decisions/choices. But what /who is the predestiner, I don't know.

5. WiccanSage profile image94
    WiccanSageposted 17 months ago

I don't believe there is a force that is lucky or unlucky. I do believe that we call things lucky or unlucky based on how they affect us, lol.

Ultimately I believe what happens to us is a result of our actions (or inactions), partly mixed in with the actions (or inactions) of others, and in part due to circumstance and even a bit of random chance.

The way to make things go more in your favor, I've found, is to take better control of your life and make better choices. I find I am far 'luckier' since coming to these conclusions than I ever was when I believed what happened to me was due to good or bad luck.

threekeysposted 17 months agoin reply to this

A melting pot of factors....and making good choices. But I still don't know how one does that as it is a projection from now into the future with no guarantees. I  have always wondered about those that sound so confident  with their decisions.

working