jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are Jesus and Lucifer brothers?

1. Iamsam profile image81
    Iamsamposted 16 months ago

Are Jesus and Lucifer brothers?

The KJV and NKJV both translate “morning star” as “Lucifer, son of the morning.”
    In Revelation 22:16, Jesus unmistakably identifies Himself as the morning star. Why are both Jesus and Satan described as the “morning star”?

2. dianetrotter profile image74
    dianetrotterposted 16 months ago

It was said sardonically.  Notice how the following verses continue to mock him. 

Isa 14:12-15 (NIV) How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit.

Lucifer considered himself to be higher than God.

1. celafoe profile image62
      celafoeposted 14 months agoin reply to this

lucifer is king of Babylon, not satan.  see vs 4.   you cannot trust bible headings or church hirelings as they are works of man and not part of scripture.. satan is not banned from heaven until rev,12:9

3. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 16 months ago

Diane's answer is quite illumining in the sense that it is the Ego that traps us, makes us think or believe that we are more than who we really are. Humility is lacking and as such we become exposed to Impediments (sin) a transgression of universal laws or an obstacle standing in the way of Love or Light.

Back to your question. Jesus was a real human and Lucifer largely symbolic to describe the negative, that which pulls us away from the Light and into darkness.

Jesus, The Christ, was an Advocate of a Higher Light or the Supreme. Lucifer is also an instrument of the Supreme. In that sense they both perform according to the Will of the Supreme.

Speaking from a poetic point of view, a rose would be like a morning star, or the dawn, if you like. A thorn will be more like Ignorance, suffering. The Christ represents Light or Love and Lucifer darkness. Both Light and shadow, are the dance of Love. Much Peace, Lamsam.

4. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 16 months ago

To answer your question:  YES!

We ALL were created by GOD!  Isaiah 45: 7 says "I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create EVIL: I the LORD do ALL these things." 

Oh yes!  He got the "big head" and was "kicked out of heaven," but GOD ALREADY KNEW what he would do! 

TEST!

Joshua 24:15 "CHOOSE" you this day who you will serve" THE BROTHER or the brother who was "kicked out of heaven?"

5. profile image59
    peter565posted 11 months ago

I am looking forward to see Lucifer kick Yahweh's (Christianity, Jewish faith and islamic faith's god) false god/demon ass back to hell

http://mycoolvarietyblog.blogspot.com.a … never.html

and u as a woman should especially be on team Satan, I've just wrote this other post on Yahweh and women

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph … e-to-women

working