jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

If you are a Billionaire, Why Not Give BIG!?

1. tim kenner profile image61
    tim kennerposted 7 years ago

There are 793 billionaires, 45% of them are US Citizens. How much money is enough? What prevents billionaires from giving say 50% of their profit's? Why die leaving behind truck loads of cash to well educated but certainly not people who have the heart of Christ? If you walked up to Bill Gates and said sell everything you own and give it all away, what do you think he would say? It is like the story of the rich man who gave his servants money to invest, there was three of them, 2 out of three invested all that he gave them and showed a good reutrn, the one that did not was cast out. The billionaires do give, but only what would be considered a topical solition, nothing that has really made a significant change, nows the time, give like you might not be here tomorrow, who knows maybe you won't be here...

1. mohitmisra profile image55
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Do what you have to, make your billions and give it away.There are many who do help humanity.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, there is. Here is a prime example:

Bill Gate and His Wife, have their own foundation for cancer research. He, himself, donated $7 BILLION to the foundation. He got the tax deduction because it was a donation.

However, the Foundation itself, used less than the 5% mandatory by U.S. regulated, to actually do research? How is that beneficial to humanity in any way? It's not. It's a gimmick, when a lot of rich people give away their wealth and is done for mostly selfish reasons and not selfless reasons. smile

He made and gave away millions, hats of to him simple, why try and put him down?

How many millions have you made and given to charity?

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

As usual you missed the point. I swear, you are useless to talk to. lol lol lol  I guess I shouldn't be surprised with you. roll

How much have you donated to charity?
              You say this guy had donated just few millions, how much have you?

2. tantrum profile image60
              tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

roll

I guess not.

How many millions have you given to charity Tantrum?

tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, a lot of millionaires give away in charity more than 50% when they die.
      so you just have to wait.
      Why are you so resentful of billionaires ? Want to be one yourself and you can't ?

tantrumposted 7 years ago

not even 1. Why ? do I look like a millionaire ??? lol

So why abuse him for giving away millions ?
      Something you have been unable to do.

working