jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is your greatest fear?

1. Gladys06 profile image39
    Gladys06posted 8 months ago

What is your greatest fear?

2. manatita44 profile image81
    manatita44posted 8 months ago

My hindrances ... impediments ...ignorance before God. I fear that I have eyes to see but continue to walk in darkness; ears to hear but remain deaf to the melody of the nightingales; dead while claiming to be alive.

I fear for the redemption of the soul ... just in case I'm not prepared for the Paradise to come. Nice question.

1. Gladys06 profile image39
      Gladys06posted 8 months agoin reply to this

nice answer...

2. manatita44 profile image81
      manatita44posted 8 months agoin reply to this

Thank you, Glady's

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 8 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13254107_f260.jpg

It all depends upon the individual person.   There are people who fear becoming old because they fear losing their looks, youthfulness, mobility, independence, & cognizance.  They view becoming old as becoming more dependent upon others.  There are others who fear death as death is the great mystery.  A subcategory of this is that there are people who fear death because they don't want to go to hell as they contend that they were quite imperfect. 

There are people who fear losing their jobs hence socioeconomic status thus slipping into poverty, even homelessness.  They see poverty & homelessness as the end.   They will do anything to hold on to their jobs & their respective socioeconomic status.  The wealthy fear becoming middle class & the middle class fear becoming poor, even impoverished.

There are women, especially beautiful women, who fear losing their beauty.  Those who are affluent will resort to plastic surgery to retain their looks as their looks are instrumental in retaining their high-powered careers, lovers,  & husbands.  Those who are poor will see their looks fading as they don't have the funds to retain their looks.   There are women who fear losing their husbands as their husbands are the psychological & oftentimes socioeconomic bulwarks of their families.  They feel that if their husbands leave them, their world as they know it, will be finished.

There are religious people who worry about going to heaven if they die.  A few among them even fear that they will go to hell because they have been indoctrinated that they were sinners w/little or no hope of redemption.  As a result of such fears, they live their lives in fearful, purgatorial, & even infernal apprehension.

working