the Lord

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (97 posts)
  1. Bigcountry12577 profile image60
    Bigcountry12577posted 14 years ago

Jesus died over 2000 years ago.
                Nobody has ever referred to him as the late Jesus Christ,
                not even the heathens.
                No where in history.
                No where has he EVER been referred to in past tense!
                He is the Living God!

"May God Smile on You Today"

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!!!

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is alive today sitting at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us. He is the daysman that Job Prayed for. He is our advocate. He bridges the gap between God and man. He is the only one who is man enough to touch man and spiritual enough to touch God.

1. Journey2244 profile image59
        Journey2244posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are so right!!!!!

1. Hokey profile image60
          Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Delusions are plentiful

Hokey: 4:20

1. profile image0

How true it is that atheists are full of delusions. I would venture to say that Buddhists are likewise full of delusions.

1. Hokey profile image60

How is that? What do you know of Buddhism?

1. profile image0

I know that Buddhists do not worhsip God. What else is needed to know?

1. Hokey profile image60

Actually in Buddhism the interpretation of God is left up to the individual. So some Buddhists possibly do.

2. mohitmisra profile image59
                  mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  what made you come up with this statement ? Do you think Buddhism is based on atheism?

Buddha was an enlightened one like Jesus, someone who has fused with god the real self.

3. Hokey profile image60

I am glad that you can believe in this but it makes me curious as to why people still live in the dark ages of myths and superstition.

4. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It seems you don't read a lot ! hmm

5. Michael Adams1959 profile image80
      Michael Adams1959posted 13 years agoin reply to this

PRAISE GOD AMEN!!!

6. Michael Adams1959 profile image80
      Michael Adams1959posted 13 years agoin reply to this

PRAISE GOD AMEN!!!

2. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Let's change the history, so we're talking about late Jesus Christ. tongue

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend skyfire

I agree with you. Jesus the late; did not die on the Cross. He was persecuted in Judea so he migrated to India and died a peaceful and natural death there. Jesus,late, is buried at Mohallah Khanyare, Sirinagar, Kashmir, India.

One may visit there and pray for him on his grave/tomb.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Are we talkin about the late Jesus guy? lol

4. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Mar 12:27  He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

5. Challah1202 profile image57
    Challah1202posted 14 years ago

Belief in Jesus is supported by a great deal of fact and research.  I am really excited to read about discoveries of new documents and excavations that confirm Biblical accounts.  Nevertheless, my faith in Jesus is based on the Bible's account of His life and the testimony of those who saw Him and left records of their encounters.  In addition, I am constantly reminded of His love for me today.  When I claim a promise He made to me, I am blessed and my faith is renewed.  Those who do not have faith will probably not see His hand at work in their lives.  There is a measure of grace that He pours out even to the unbelieving.  If you are the recepient of that undeserved favor, perhaps your faith can begin to grow, too.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been the recipient of what you call grace ever since I read my way through the bible and dumped being a religionist.

1. profile image0

You still recieve grace from God. The breath you breathe is of God. Your heart beats only because God allows it.

1. Hokey profile image60

Why is it so hard to believe in yourself. All this strength comes from within. Not from some God. By giving up your problems to this belief in God all you are doing is practicing acceptance and letting go.

1. profile image0

Myself is what caused me trouble before. It wasn't belief or disbelief. It was my nature, my faults, my mistakes. It was my own evilness that caused me so much trouble before.

Job 9:20  If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.

1. Hokey profile image60

So you let go of the ways that you were. You stopped identifying with your negative thoughts and made a commitment to do the next right thing no matter what you do.

1. profile image0

I prayed to God and accpeted His offer of salvation through His son Jesus. Jesus is the one who is changing me.

1. Hokey profile image60

I am sorry that you can't accept that it is you that are changing you. All this goodness comes from you. All this inner strength comes from within. What we think we become.

1. profile image0

Here is where ego gets in the way. Ego thinks he is on the same level as God. Ego thinks he can change himself.

2. Pandoras Box profile image59
        Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There, but for the grace of god, go I.

6. profile image0

There is only one God. Can we agree on that?

There is only one way to God. I know you won't agree with this but I have to say it. Jesus Christ is the only one who can bring you to God.

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I can't agree on that.

2. Hokey profile image60

I agree there is only one God but my concept of God is different than yours. I don't see God as an entity that has human characteristics such as emotions. God to me is a force. A mystery. A universal energy that is at work that we as human beings have no ability to understand. To me all these Religions are stories created to control other people and to make man comfortable with something that he can not possibly understand. Such as       and creation.

1. profile image0

My concept or your concept of God makes no difference. God is not just an energy. They are not just sotries to control people. That is atheist talk. You should find out where the quotes come froim before using them.

Do you believe in Jesus?

1. Hokey profile image60

No. Of course not. Jesus to me is as real as the tooth fairy. There might have been a historical Jesus although he is not mentioned anywhere except the bible but I don't believe in a christ. I would never believe in such a dark religion. Salvation through Human sacrifice. This is the same thing that the christians wiped out the Aztecs for.

1. profile image0

Let me ask you this then. How can a man who is flesh and blood, touch God who is spirit?

1. Hokey profile image60

According to Buddhism, all beings are imbued with a spark of inner divine light.... The Jewish mystics use similar words when they speak of the inner spark or the spark of God. The Koran, referring to man, talks about the little candle flame burning in a niche in the wall of God's temple. Almost inevitably a spiritual search becomes a search for divine or sacred light. By     ivating our inner core, we search for this light in ourselves as well as the divine.

1. profile image0

I can see a little more of where the Koran came from now. Thanks.

Let's look at it this way. You are brought up on charges and facing a judge. You know very little about the law and how it actually works. You use a lawyer so you can get help that is useful and can touch the judge because of his knowledge of the law.

Jesus is that lawyer. No one knows God like He does. No one can touch God but Him. He is the only one human enough to touch mand and spiritual enough to touch God. He is the daysman that Job had prayed for.

1. Hokey profile image60

These are just stories. Have you ever heard of Horus. The son of the egyptian sun God Ra? Same story as jesus way before Christianity.  Immaculate conception. Virgin Birth. Performed Miracles. Crucified. Resurrected.

1. profile image0

I have heard the stories of Horus, Mithra, Osiris, etc. . . I also know that most who know about them know them from a book written by Gerald Massey. They are not historically correct. If they were, there would be proof.

2. earnestshub profile image81

Hokey you know better than to bring historic facts and real information into the "believers" den!
                    Fire and brimstone time! smile

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
                  AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But you first have to show that the two examples are parallel. Just because you present two scenarios and say "Look, they're similar"... it's not really an argument as such. (And by the way, hello smile )

1. profile image0

Let's look at it. Job was in trouble. He had been accused of things he did not do. His "friends" troubled him pretending to try to comfort him. Job wanted to tell God that although he is not perfect, he is not guilty of all that he was accused of.

Job also knew that he could not touch God. God is spirit and Job is flesh. He wished for a daysman who could touch them both, (God and Job).

Jesus is the only one who fit the bill.

2. profile image0

This is where so many fail to see what really happened. They think of human sacrifices and burning babies in Gehenna, etc. . .

God put on a body of flesh. He did it for a reason. He walked like a man and talked like a man, but He had knowledge like no other man ever had. He did not come and jusy proclaim, "I AM GOD!!!" He humbled Himself so that He could feel what men feel.

Much like a soldier who gives his life to fight for his country, Jesus went to the cross and gave His life for the sins of all mankind.

This is a far cry from human sacrificing.

2. cheaptrick profile image75
          cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

According to the"27"books you accept thats true.But what about the Other works outside of those books?
          What is the origin of the"27"books.How did they come to be Cannon.Who was the Driving force behind those"27"books and why were They selected from Hundreds of others?

3. GoGranny profile image60
      GoGrannyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are correct SirDent. One cannot get to heaven with God without first knowing Jesus.

1. earnestshub profile image81

There goes any hope for the starving orphans who can't rip down the corner store and by em a new bible!
        You are blinded by your own ego.
        If these children found a bible they would have to eat it! Foolish!

2. Hokey profile image60

You know what blind faith is? Blind. You what blind faith in a man made book and story? Insanity.

1. profile image0

You call it a man made book and story. Have you ever been wrong before?

1. Hokey profile image60

Of course I have as you have been also.

2. profile image0

The Bible IS a man-made book though. The Bible didn't just fall from the sky one day, fully written and autographed by your God. It was written by men who lived on Earth and were human, not gods.

1. profile image0

Just so you know, the Bible was written by men as they were moved upon by God the Holy Spirit. No matter what you believe or don't believe makes no difference as to truth or untruth.

1. profile image0

That's what they CLAIM, but anyone could write a book and claim the Holy Spirit moved them to write it. There is no historical fact and there is no proof that suggests my theory is incorrect. The Bible is not a history book. In fact, if you MUST read the Bible, it is best to look at it as if it is a metaphor.

Earlier, you said the stories of Rah were not factual so you didn't believe them. Don't you think you're being a bit hypocritical by believe in the Bible, which also has no factual evidence?

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
                  AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Bible does contain factual historical details, but that for me is not the problem; in many places it contravenes the principle (from the New Testament) that God has written the sense of right and wrong "on our hearts" on the one hand, but that we must ignore that and follow IT instead on the other. (Not sure if that was clear).

1. profile image0

Okay, that's true. However, the point I was trying to make is that anyone could write a book and claim it as truth. For instance, I could write a book and, in one of the passages say:

In the year of 2010, scientists found evidence that mermaids do, in fact, exist. In Atlantis, a local fisherman managed to catch one in his net. After trying to keep the mermaid captive in a zoo far beyond any reaches of the ocean, the mermaid used her magical powers to escape. Although no photographs were taken (She escaped before anyone could find a camera), we have an artist's rendition of the magical creature.

I used a date. Does that make the entire paragraph factual? No, of course not.

2. profile image0

There is evidence that the Bible is factual.

1. profile image0

Where is the proof that Jesus walked on water?

Where is the proof that Jesus rose from the dead?

Where is the proof that Mary was a virgin when she became pregnant with Jesus?

Where is the proof that Jesus turned water into wine? Healed a blind man?

Where is the proof that over 2/3 of the people in the Bible even existed?

When you can show me proof that did NOT come from the Bible, I may take into consideration that the Bible is slightly factual.

2. Hokey profile image60

SirDent the word trust is totally relative and subjective. The word truth is of it self totally irrelevant. This word means and proves what a consensus of people choose it to mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth

3. mohitmisra profile image59

There are so many who have gained enlightenment without ever having heard the name Jesus.
        Have you never heard of the Hindu or Parsee religions?

7. profile image0

Everyone needs to slow down a bit. I am having trouble keeping up.

1. Hokey profile image60

Ok.

8. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Well I have to go now. I will check this thread tomorrow. May your days be full of love, light, and laughter. Namaste

big_smile

1. profile image0

Good night, Hokey smile

2. earnestshub profile image81

Namaste.

9. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 14 years ago

Sirdent says: "There is only one way to God. I know you won't agree with this but I have to say it. Jesus Christ is the only one who can bring you to God."

"As many faiths, so many paths" -- Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.

SirDent, You have known one path; you believe in it; very well; Progress through it and attain perfection. When you attain perfection, you will understand, "as many faiths, so many paths". Till then, your limited ego will constrain yourself to believe that Jesus is the only way. It will work for you, but it need not, for every one else.

A Buddhist says Buddha is the only one to guide you.

A Muslim says Allah is the only one; (and extremists say, "kill all others who don't agree!")

Hindus - well; they have numerous God forms and there are numerous Hindus who confirm that their personal God form is the only one, ultimate!

And Christian preachers go from country to country to proclaim Jesus is the only God and convert all and sundry doubtists to Christianity!

That's how the phrase "missionary zeal" came into picture!

CVR

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"A Buddhist says Buddha is the only one to guide you.

A Muslim says Allah is the only one; (and extremists say, "kill all others who don't agree!")

Hindus - well; they have numerous God forms and there are numerous Hindus who confirm that their personal God form is the only one, ultimate!"

Big difference, Christ (not SirDent) said:

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well.

With this statement Christ declared that He was the ONLY way to God, and positioned Himself so that all mankind must choose one of three possible decisions about Christ;

1. He is who He states He is... The Son of God, come to earth to save mankind.

2. He was a liar

3. He was deluded and or mentally insane

Each individuals choice....

He also said...

John 5:41-44

"I do not accept praise from men, but I know you.

I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.

I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?

or how about these words...Christ spoke;

John 6:39-41

And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

At this the Jews began to grumble about him because he said, "I am the bread that came down from heaven."

and of course...

John 10:29-31

"My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

I and the Father are one." (Now THAT is one BIG statement)

1. C.V.Rajan profile image58
        C.V.Rajanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since you are exposed to Bible, you have grasped all these. Do you know that similar statements are existing, as propounded by Krishna, in Bhagavat Gita, Upanishads etc in Hindu Holy scripture?

The fact is, they are all true. What Jesus says is to be understood not by taking Jesus as the only person to claim so, but ANY person who has attained the state same as Jesus christ will say the same thing. In west, you  have Jesus Christ who has attained that state.

In India, countless saints have attained that state. Hinduism's Vedanta philosophy says every one of us can attain that state, provided we strive for it. Nay, we are THAT already; only thing, we are deluded by Maya and Egotism that act as veils to hide that state to ourselves.

1. mohitmisra profile image59

Well written.

2. mohitmisra profile image59

Krishna says the same thing in the Bhagwat Gita.

One needs to understand there are to I's.

I for human and I for God.

2. Hokey profile image60

This is not entirely true. Please read the following.

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions,
      even though they have been held in honor
      for many generations and in diverse places.
      Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it.
      Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past.
      Do not believe what you yourself have imagined,
      persuading yourself that a God inspires you.
      Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests.
      After examination, believe what you yourself have tested
      and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.

Buddha

With this teaching Buddha himself tells us to not even take his words but to realize our own truth.

1. mohitmisra profile image59

Which is correct the prophets are masters and guides but one  needs needs to walk the path in order to gain his own salvation.

Saying so and so is the greatest and only way is only fooling oneself and shows a total lack of comprehension concerning the prophets an god.

10. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Good night, everybody! smile

11. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

C.V.Rajan  wrote:

A Buddhist says Buddha is the only one to guide you.

Hindus - well; they have numerous God forms and there are numerous Hindus who confirm that their personal God form is the only one, ultimate!

And Christian preachers go from country to country to proclaim Jesus is the only God and convert all and sundry doubtists to Christianity!

aguasilver  wrote:

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well.

I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

I and the Father are one." (Now THAT is one BIG statement)

C.V.Rajan  wrote:

Since you are exposed to Bible, you have grasped all these. Do you know that similar statements are existing, as propounded by Krishna, in Bhagavat Gita, Upanishads etc in Hindu Holy scripture?

The fact is, they are all true. What Jesus says is to be understood not by taking Jesus as the only person to claim so, but ANY person who has attained the state same as Jesus christ will say the same thing. In west, you  have Jesus Christ who has attained that state.

In India, countless saints have attained that state. Hinduism's Vedanta philosophy says every one of us can attain that state, provided we strive for it. Nay, we are THAT already; only thing, we are deluded by Maya and Egotism that act as veils to hide that state to ourselves.

Paarsurrey wrote:

It was only a usage of the Messengers Prophets Saints anywhere in the world. Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Socrates, Moses, Jesus; all of them in the regions or nations they were sent by the Creator- God Allah YHWH said the same kind of things.
    They neither meant it literally nor for the whole world; their statements were relative to the nation they were sent to; while conveying the same meaning.

All the above persons were truthful and must be respected.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)