why only Muslim are fighting ?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (136 posts)
  1. sushant143 profile image60
    sushant143posted 14 years ago

being world one of the most populated & dominating religion, but still  why so called Muslim fought war or  jihad all across the world .

1. Greg Cremia profile image61
      Greg Cremiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know where you get your news from but it is not only the Muslims who are fighting.

1. profile image49
        norisk007posted 14 years agoin reply to this

but its only muslims who r killing innocent people in the name of jihad

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You bring up an ironic point.  Check out this website, and learn just how peaceful they are........ I takes awhile, however it completely listed the battles and event times and dates of Muslim fighting and jihad.  It is crazy.  http://voters.linktoo.us/chapter_6_earl … _peace.htm 

Not as peaceful as they pretend to be.

3. kingslaveofallah2 profile image60
      kingslaveofallah2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My brother....do you what is JIHAD...pls visit below link to learn more about JIHAD....

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-Jihad-I … Christians

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Any religion that condones taking up arms under any circumstances is a violent cult. smile

4. profile image51
      Abarikaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Actually, Islam is a very peaceful religion and does not take arms or whatever. Get to know Islam better and you will agree that it is not as the media portrays. You can learn more about Islam on Seekers Elite.

Jazakallah Khairan

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I doubt anyone would disagree with the statement that the majority of Muslims are peaceful. But, we can't deny the fact that there is a violent movement within the religion. The conversation needs to be had as to why. And the conversation won't result in positive change without Muslims taking an active part in the conversation and the solution.

2. RJ Schwartz profile image87
        RJ Schwartzposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I disagree with the statement that all Islam is peaceful.  Sharia Law is a brutal form of rule, female mutilation is a brutal form of control, throwing gay people off of housetops is murder, Jihad is terrorism, refusing to integrate in countries which offer them asylum is a form of silent resistance to modernism, making women second class citizens and forcing them to wear the black gown is an assault on all women's rights.  Just because Muslims aren't taking up arms all the time doesn't make them peaceful.

2. errum fattah profile image61
    errum fattahposted 14 years ago

oh no dear only muslims r not fighting, more than muslims many others r fighting, like athiests and mormons,
    i guess u wants to say that y muslims r only doing jihad,

when muslims feel any danger for thier religion or feel any danger for their people than they fight for that and gets heaven, c wats the easiest way of getting heaven is this...they r called shohada...i also wants to do jihad, if i got chance to join any jihad's council i will not think a second abt it i will give my life to islam not only for heaven but for, meeting with ALLAH the most loving one and the most beloved.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we already know violence, war and killing are condoned in Islam as well as lying, which you have also graciously provided examples. Tell us something about Islam we don't know, like the truth. smile

2. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope you're being sarcastic...

3. profile image49

oh yes! you want heaven by killing innocent people, so u want to join Let or Hijbul mujahdin or some thing like that to kill non muslins children men and women. Allah told you to do that???? Allah give you heaven for this???? This is written in your Kuran????  Is it true then Islam is a very good religion because in my religion we have to serve people help people and love people for their good, and believe me its too hard to do so. If Allah gives me guarantee of heaven for killing I am ready to join Islam.

1. kingslaveofallah2 profile image60
        kingslaveofallah2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is ur religion....tell me...i will show truth of ur religion to you!....

3. errum fattah profile image61

beelzedad! u dont know abit about islam cuz if u knews than it would not be ur behaviour, blind man!

hey u! dont think i can't say a word against it, if i starts than i will never stop and wat the shit u have wrote is all and all false. we and u, all will see each other soon at doomsday, oh! than ALLAH will ask u to call urself made God, than wat will u do? i will b happy to see ur expressions.

SUMUM BUKMUM beelzedad SUMUM BUKMUM!

1. profile image0

I think you're the one who's blind.

You're blinded by your faith against reason.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69

I cannot read this. 

Anyone else?

What is up with the English and grammar?

Cuz?tongue

1. Greek One profile image62
        Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think he or she is trying to say "God Bless"??

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69

Alrighty then...., my mistake.tonguesmilewink

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Your violent threats are of no consequence to me, and I know you'll never stop, that's all part and parcel to Islamic propaganda.

Btw, its Sumum Bukmun. smile

4. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah "personal attack in islamic package" always comes in bad typo grammar flavor...

4. errum fattah profile image61

me? am i the blind? go get lost, am not blind i have eyes.

1. profile image0

Yes.

Yes.

No thank you.

Oh really?

5. errum fattah profile image61

i have strong belive on ALLAH and MOHOMMAD(PBUH), i have quran, i have a strong and right path which is called islam. I have seen many miracles in my life of islam.

oh! oh! oh! how i forgetted that naked people dont want any discussion about islam..lol! cough! cough! u people r naked, and so bad and so unclean, oh my God! yuakh! i dont want to say that sentence it will insult u...so unclean people...lol!

Oh I'll discuss Islam, when you are ready to face reality.

http://voters.linktoo.us/chapter_6_earl … _peace.htm

Face it, Muslims love to hate and kill for religious sport.

CORRECTED IT.  NOW TRY IT.

1. mjane24 profile image61
        mjane24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Muslim saID A PEACE LOVING PEOPLE,BUT  A KILL LOVING MUSLIM

2. kingslaveofallah2 profile image60

gud lie.....

learn about islam from here

http://islamgreatreligion.wordpress.com

2. profile image0

What miracles?

How dare you! I'll have you know that I shower everyday! - With soap even! And wear clothes! - But not in the shower of course because that would be just silly.

3. Freya Cesare profile image76
      Freya Cesareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Patient, Sister. Please remember, "Don't be angry. don't be angry. Don't be angry." It is not worthy. Please trust me?

6. errum fattah profile image61

u take shower only once in a day??

uyakh! i use to take shower 2 times  a aday..

1. profile image0

You didn't answer the miracle question.

2. Greek One profile image62

that's just waste of water!

THink about the environment!

3. profile image49

they dont use water my friend these terrorist use blood on innocent people

ha ha ha ha haha

and you and your peoples are so innocent.....

!

7. errum fattah profile image61

intimate evolution! the website u gave me when i opened it, it says
           THE WEBPAGE CANNOT BE FOUND.
    iam curious abt it, wats that abt?    hurryup! i hope ur not taking shower as legendary is goinn to take?

1. profile image0

big_smile

2. kingslaveofallah2 profile image60

lie!

8. errum fattah profile image61

oh yae! so i found many miracles like i saw the name of ALLAH appeared on milk rice, the name of mohommad(pbuh) on a bread.
    u heard abt haddath shah ali mujadad, a boy went to him and explained his problem than shah ali just says ' b a good muslim' and that boy turned towards islam and now he's shining in hsi faith.
    haddath shah ali mujadad is a great person of ALLAH, belive me many people, who were non_muslims, when went to him cuz he was  so much famous, and when he says to them to accept than nobody knows they themself says the faith word and accept islam. haddath shah ali is now in the age of 100's

need more?

1. Greek One profile image62

I am curious to hear your opinion of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad and Ahmadiyya

1. profile image0
        Will Bensonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to hear this too. I'm thinking sock puppet.

2. profile image0

Yes and actual miracles this time.

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Sure, you do more damage to your religion every time you write a post. Keep it comin'. smile

1. mjane24 profile image61

u are leading people to hell.One day u will die u will be in hell also.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are in hell now! It must be hell to hang your life on a sky fairy. lol

2. Beelzedad profile image58

I respect your belief to threaten my life with eternal damnation and endless torment and torture. Thank you. smile

4. mjane24 profile image61

Muslim is not a true CHRISTIAN,they worship a ALLAH.their god that who teach a evil doctrine  made by their ALLAH.

1. thisisoli profile image69
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Erm, Allah is the very same God that Christians worship, the difference is in the prophets.

9. errum fattah profile image61

intimate! can u summarize that? cuz its night and its time to leave. a sentence attracts me that silah hadayibiah was broken by mohommad(pbuh)'s army, NEVER!! hadaibiyah was brokened by jews.

greekone; mirza qadyani claims himself as a prophet but he's not, n to my information mirza was a fraud man who selled himself to jews, n their fath is different from muslims,

10. errum fattah profile image61

legendary! if u wants to read miracles than u should visit my topic which is called 'if u says ISLAM is wrong so y this?'

those miracles r 100% true,

11. sagbee profile image57
    sagbeeposted 14 years ago

I do not believe that all the muslims are fighting and indulging in war but most of them are doing it just for the name sake of jihad, which is very wrong for them as well as to the whole world..

12. Rishy Rich profile image71
    Rishy Richposted 14 years ago

@ Errum Fattah

Please check whether im getting Islamic point of view correctly...

1) Islam is a religion of peace, equality & freedom.

2) Quran is perfect in nature as it is Allahs word. There are no flaws in it bcoz Allah himself protected his message from human and other intervention. Quran is bestowed by Allah for all races of all time. On the contrary, Bible and all other religious books are either distorted or flawed bcoz of human intervention.

3) Muhammad is the last and the greatest of all prophets. In fact he is the greatest of all human being. We are supposed to follow his lifestyle and his words

I guess these are the fundamental believes of mainstream muslims, right?

Now will you (or some other peaceful muslim brothers) kindly provide your valuable rational point of view on the following points:

1)    a) Quran accepts human slavery; where a master may make his female slave as his concubine
    2)     b) it accepts polygamy, men can marry upto 4 times but women can’t do that.  Men are promised 70 beautiful bedpets in afterlife but nothing like that is promised for women
    3)    c) In case of property distribution, Islamic rule of thumb is: Sons will get twice as much as daughters

If quran is the word of God, then why are there so many discrepancies between men & womens rights? Why slavery was allowed? Why human were bought and sold like animals in the market??Do you think God loved to see humans to be treated like animals??

4)    Greatness of Muhammad:
    a.    He married thirteen times (some sources say the actual number is 14). In this century, if a man gets married 14 times, I’m 100% sure that no matter how great he is, he will be considered a pervert by the society.
    b.    Among his 13 wives, there was Zaynab bint Jahsh. She was special bcoz she got married to Muhammad’s adopted son first. Then divorced him so that she can marry Muhammad. Sounds like family incest to me 

c.    He is the only warrior prophet mankind has ever seen. When he couldn’t win his people with his words, he fought them with weapons.

Now tell me, how can the greatest human of all time had inferior primitive qualities like these?? If we follow him, start making love with dozens of women and  make war with whoever disagress us, I dont think society is going like us

1. Rishy Rich profile image71
      Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess theres not a single Muslim who is ready to answer my post  hmm

errum fattahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

u says ;
        1)    a) Quran accepts human slavery; where a master may make his female slave as his concubine.

rich! muslim man never maked any female slave as his concubine, although, non muslims did it, if muslims at that time see any female slave in the control of a wicked and cruel master than they buy that slave and free them. a ayat camed from ALLAH, in which he says to free all slaves who wants freedom from u, then many muslim men did it and they do what the God says, If the slave didn't wants to leave his master than he was having full right to live with him.

And one more thing quran never says to make ur female slave as ur concubine, cuz quran never says to do sex before marriage so first be sure of this all before posting anything.

u says;
             b) it accepts polygamy, men can marry upto 4 times but women can’t do that.  Men are promised 70 beautiful bedpets in afterlife but nothing like that is promised for women.

look if man is not satisfied with his wife cuz wife is not good with him than he has the right to marry with another woman, BUT! if he can't give equal rights to all his wives than he dont have any right to marry with another, and he has to take permission from his first wife its good, n if he didn't, his wife is not good with him but the man wants a good life so, he can marry without asking permission from her.

when women is divorced then she has all rights to marry with another guy, no any religion allowed women to marry with another guy if she's already married. and ISLAM had told men to marry the widow and that widow can save their afterlife from hell, and one more thing c if women is good with her husband and husband not so that person(man) will have a huge azab from ALLAH, cuz mohommad(pbuh) had ordered all muslims to give equal rights to women and if somebody didn't than he will taste punishment from ALLAH cuz ALLAH is with the women.
      AFTER LIFE;
                     u know that the girls of heaven will b so beautifull BUT the wife of that person will be 90% more beautifull than that heaven's girl. SO, will he give lift to that heaven's girl or to his most beautifull wife. If woman is divourced than that woman will have all right to choose anybody from the crowd of muslim men.
      I think wats the problem u having with islam is the rights of women, but i want to say that islam is the only religion which have give equal rights to women its the only one.
      and the last point u said, i have to search abt it in quran than i will anser u the right one.

and all other points u asked, i will anser u but after the lunch, the points 4_a,b,c all r false. i will give u its defination but after lunch. wait for me..

1. errum fattah profile image61

the point which u posted abt the part of womenin property, can u give me the surah or thing from  which u got this point.

u says;     If quran is the word of God, then why are there so many discrepancies between men & womens rights? Why slavery was allowed? Why human were bought and sold like animals in the market??Do you think God loved to see humans to be treated like animals??

The difference in tasks is that Man is in fact, created for earning a living while Woman is created to care for the home. The difference between man and woman is likened to the difference between night and day as the night is the time for rest and sleeping, and the day the time specified for work and striving for earning a living; in other words their roles are opposite, but complementary. Almighty Allaah thus addressed Aadam, peace be on him, saying which translates as: “Then We said: "O Adam! Verily, this is an enemy to thee and thy wife: so let him not get you both out of the Garden, so that thou art landed in misery.” (Taha: 117). Aadam alone was addressed with this.
        womens main characteristics are feminity and motherhood. Man on the other hand is characterized by masculinity , strength, and for bearance. A woman who gives up her nature and imatates men in their way of talking and walking deserves prophet's curse. Likewise, those men in their way of talking and walking deserves the prophet's curse. 'ALLAH's prophet sallahu alaihi wasalam cursed effeminate men and masculinzed women.(ahmad daood)

women and men all are equal for God, like white and black are equal for him, and what u said about seeling slaves so dear! muslims never buyed any slave for expressing their wickedness on them, thus they sell thier slaves for money, if they needs any money than they sell slave and don't forgett that more than muslims non_muslims were involved in selling it, selling of slaves was a major and routine in that time, so there was no any objections for them.

God never liked that his man should b treated like animal, man face difficulties in their lives but  GOD didn't gived that much any difficulty which cannot be handle by this person( i hope u understand), u know ALLAH loves sabireen( one who is patient) so he give them some events in which he wants that person to bear it, if he will bear it than he will get great  gift from God.

oh these r so long , well, watever thing was getting in my sence i present it, and wat abt ur questions which were 4_a,b,c,....if u wants me to answer after this, i will or if u r not satisfied than find another. i hope i give u full answers althouigh my english is not so good  smile

I must thank u for your effort, but it wasnt  what I was looking for. I asked for your Rational Opinion , not Islamic traditional explanation of defending their faith. I was well aware of these explanations, which consists flaws in many perspectives. Lets take a look at this:

1. Quran Accepts Slavery! You tried to point out that muslims were really good and well mannered with their slaves. But thats not the point. Point is, If Quran is the word of God, then It should have banned Slavery completely but it didnt. In this case, today's state laws are far better than quran which at least prohibits human slavery.

u said :"...muslims never buyed any slave for expressing their wickedness on them..." - honey, buying slaves or selling humans, itself is wickedness!!! Just imagine how would you feel if the american soldiers in Iraq, starts selling ur captive mother and sister in the market!! I gurantee you, no matter how well the soldiers treat you, you will hate them! And I believe u r lacking knowledge about the history of slave system. Go through "history of slavery in Arab world" and you will learn about it! and dont forget to study about Harems too! smile

2. Polygamy: I was well aware of the information that you presented here. (i.e. husband needs permission of the first wife, must give equal rights to all his wives etc.). But again you didn’t get my point. The main point is: A man is allowed to have multiple wives at the same time, but a woman is not allowed to have multiple husbands! Why? Equality?

You said: "The difference in tasks is that Man is in fact, created for earning a living while Woman is created to care for the home... "

Miss fattah, I feel sorry for you, that being a 21st century women u still think like this. women are born to do household work?!!..these are all 2000 yr old society concepts. I knw hundreds of women who have achieved much greater than any other man in this world! I believe u have been raised in a family where u have been taught only to Cook, clean & wash toilets. You have been brainwashed, honey! Try to use ur brain a little more than your faith next time. 

Dont get me wrong. Im not trying to offend you. Theres no end of learning. But If you want to learn, you have to be liberal. Dont try to defend your faith, instead try to reveal the truth. If you always try to defend your faith, then you will always end up in biased opinion. Just take one suggestion from me (it can change ur life): rather than defending ur faith...try to find flaws in ur belief...then u will understand

Oh...and about 4:a,b,c...I dont think u would be able to provide me any satisfying answer. So forget that.

Thank You

well, i think u didn't got my points or i didn't, u didn't get into deep of it or i didn't.

let me answer the 4,1bc...

Mohommad(pbuh) married 10 or 11 times not 13 or 14. the some of them i know are;
              1)haddath khadeeja
              2)haddth sa'oda
              3)haddth a'isha( daughter of caliph haddth sadeeq(r.a)
              4)haddth hifza
              who was the daughter of caliph haddth umar farooq(r.a)
              5)haddth zenab khazeema
              6)haddth zenab jahash; before haddth zed was mohommad(pbuh)'s adopted son  but when he become young so prophet cares abt his marriage so he married him with zenab, but 1 day haddth zed was not satisfied by his wife and was goinn to give her divource she was crying alot and prophet cared abt her , prophet Mohommad(pbuh) tried his best to make him happy with her but zed give her divources. Now Prophet was worried abt cuz no one was there to give her hand, so prophet thought to marry with her but he also cares abt the people thta wat they will say that u have married with ur own called son's wife. When zenab completed her days, then prophet Mohommad(pbuh) proposed her, not because he loves her just because he wants to give her hand, zenab says ' i will take advice from ALLAH, i dont know wat is good and wat is bad' so she, atsame time prayed then a ayat camed from Allah, in that ayat ALLAH says that ur marriage has been accepted by ALLAH, zenab was so happy cuz she was goinn to marry with the prophet and u know its a great plessure, not foru people but for us muslims.  Rich! haddth zed was prophet's called son not the adopted or real son, he didn't adopted him he just called him as son. In the marriage of zenab and prophet Mohommad(pbuh), that was the time when women was ordered to hide her face including body, cuz in thet time women were so bad as nowadays in europe. So thts the history of marriage of zenab and prophet Mohommad(pbuh).

his other wives r;
              7)haddth ume habiba
              8)haddth jaweria
              9)haddth memoona
              10)haddth safia

he married all not tha because he got in love with them but these great women were having some problems, like some were divourced and were not having any hand. And MOHOMMAD(PBUH) married some of them cuz he was impressed by their honesty.

In the c point, i felt ur hate for him, no he didn't won with the weapons he won people by his beautifull words and his honestyy, u must know the story of caliph haddth umar farooq(r.a) who was goinn to kill him but somebody informed him that hs sister has already accepted islam, so first  went towards her sister and beated her badly but she  was strong in faith and told him watever u want to do, do i will never leave my faith. So he was surprised and got curious that wats written in the Quran he told her to handle it to me but she said first get clean then i'll give u, so he took shower and when he listened surah qosar( or i think tht was another) then he got scared and impressed by it he went towards Mohommad(pbuh) and told him that i m goinn to accept islam, the most important thing he observed that what the people were saying abt him was totally wrong, he observed that Mohommad(pbuh) is a loving man and too much kind even also to his enemiest hen he got the result that,thats the thing from which people are accepting islam
              1) Mohommad(pbuh)'s way of talking kindly true.
              2) The words of ALLAH.

And remember Mohommad(pbuh), when he fight in any of the war then he had forgived childs and women, in badar, when kuffars prisoner can't give money to get free than prophet says them to study 10 childs of muslims than they will be free, so another point that Islam is never agaisnt of education.

Its not important to copy teh lifestyle of prophet, but if anybody did so he's the most precious for ALLAH and prophet.

well, i dont wash toilets.

1. Sab Oh profile image55
                  Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your bathroom must be disgusting!

lol! no , actually rich says that now time has been changed now women is become more powerfull and advanced from men, so i was juz kidding

13. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 14 years ago

Come and live in Saudi Arabia...... The homeland of all the Muslims

The educated minority are ok, the remainder;

Half the people here don't know how to shower, I don't know where the comments come from about being so clean, most only wash their hands, feet and head.... You can smell them coming..

They are no the whole angry, rude and lazy.. They treat other races like excrement... Don't try to drive here the rules don't apply to anyone except the foreigners when an accident happens, saudis are never wrong!

They never que or wait their turn, try to force their way in front of anyone else who is waiting and shout and abuse..

Most of the young people (15-22) I have sat and chated with want to leave and live in the west where they can have a free life!!! Had a great debate with about 10 of them at a family party I went to..

If you are a maid from Indonesia, Philippines, africa etc.. beware, I know so many here that have been raped by their employer but can do nothing about it.. Most are locked in and not allowed to leave, beaten , never paid and treated like slaves.. That is why there are so many runaways.. There are literally thousands of runaways here who have left because of the treatment by their sponsors..

I can honestly say that at least 9 out of 10 of the people here are hypocrites!

They fight because they think they are better and more important than anyone else, they think they have a right to whatever they want, they believe the world owes them a living and never work if they can help it! They spend all their time abusing and ordering around those that are less well off than themselves such as the foreign workers..

1. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The preceeding message brought to you by the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Tourism.

1. lightning john profile image61
        lightning johnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dang Sab Oh!  that was funny!

lean man! its just floccinaucinihilipilification, I think now its time to write that sentence that will insult u people alot.
      No leave it, i'll not i care abt ur image in people:P

Yea so, what ever u  barking there, is totally wrong. I want to tell u a thing that's the most important 4u.
      One day at airport, there was a white lady sitting with me, oh! I felt a bad smell, I thought that maybe there could be a bathroom near. I looked around but I couldn't find it, then I thought that maybe the smell is coming from that lady. So, I gotup and moved from there, when I came to another place than there was no smell.

For God sake! u people keep ur self clean while finished from bathrooms, dont use only tissue papers.lol

Well, i will tell u that sentence when there will be need, leave it now.
      hey dont get it so personal.

14. Rishy Rich profile image71
    Rishy Richposted 14 years ago

@ errum fattah

I can counter argue all the things you have said here but that will be such a waste of time...because a clash between mind and heart ends in no where. The things you have said about Mohammad are just another Islamic point of view which is completely biased.

You never met Mohammad, neither did I. All we have some sources of historical information on which we rely to understand his characteristics. I don’t hate him. In fact, I respect him as a leader just like I respect other great humans I have learned about. And from my experience I know that no one is Perfect and above Flaws. Muhammad is no exception to it because he was a human too. He had his flaws. It would be wise to accept those flaws rather than hiding them because today or tomorrow, Muslims are going find out the truth. And what are the truths?

The truth/ facts are:
    1. He had 11-14 wives (no matter what explanation or excuse you provide to support him, you wont be able to shut up the free & rational minds)

2. You said“…no he didn't won with the weapons he won people by his beautifull words and his honesty” – honey, this is another biased observation. He couldn’t even win his own people (Meccans, quraish). In fact, he had to flee to Medina for his safety. Meccans converted to Islam, only after his conquest of Mecca. His weapon was more effective than his words. And he had to apply the same method in other instances too. If his words were enough to win the peoples heart then he wouldn’t have fought these wars:-

-War of Badr
    -War of Uhad
    -Seige of Madinah (War of Trench)
    -War of Hunain

In fact, it’s an irony of fate that if you look at Muslim population Map today, you will reveal that the most populated Muslim regions are those which were once conquered and ruled by the Muslims. It’s not the missionaries, nor the beauty of quran, but the Muslim military campaigns that helped to spread Islam. Heres a short list of your peaceful Caliphs  & Muslim rulers deeds:
    i. Byzantine–Arab Wars: 634–750
    ii. Conquest of Persia and Iraq: 633–651
    iii. Conquest of Transoxiana: 662–709
    iv. Conquest of Sindh: 664–712
    v. Conquest of Hispania: 711–718 and Septimania 719–720
    vi. Conquest of the Caucasus: 711–750
    vii. End of the Umayyad conquests: 718–750
    viii. Conquest of Nubia: 700–1606
    ix. Incursions into southern Italy: 831–902
    x. Conquest of Anatolia: 1060–1360
    xi. Byzantine-Ottoman Wars: 1299

Miss fatah, trust me, I have studied Islam much more than you did. I know both the good aspects and bad aspects of Islam. I also know what you can present to counter argue with my statements about Muhammad’s warrior nature. But that won’t be necessary because it won’t satisfy me. You know what, there’s no big difference between a Christian, Muslim or a Jew. Because all of you will continue to support your faith blindly no matter how much someone tries to open your mind. You guys fought over this for last 1500 years and blamed each other for the negative outcomes. You are still doing this.

Your mind is blinded by your faith so much that even if God/Allah himself tells you that he has never communicated with Muhammad/Jesus & he has never sent a prophet, you will still continue to believe in Islam and you will think that Satan is trying to misdirect you.

All Im asking is to open your mind a little. Free urself…Like I said before:

“Theres no end of learning. But if you want to learn, you have to be liberal. It’s not about defending your faith. It’s about understanding the truth. If you always try to defend your faith, then you will always end up in biased opinion…Sometimes try to find flaws in ur faith, only then you can learn”

Thanks

1. profile image49
      Cool Blue Billingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think its more important to know why any bodu is fighting we are not curing disease just marketing the disease to be followed. http://www.stylomart.com

2. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 14 years agoin reply to this

@Rishy Rich i appreciate your intentions but ppl are often too much emotionally attached towards religion and so it is normally difficult to discuss...

At least someone appreciated roll ...you r totally right abt this emotional attachment, but sometimes I just cant stop myself for these meaningless arguments.

Thanks

3. errum fattah profile image61

well, watever u said , its ur right to say it...
      am happy with my religion so i dont want ur advice.
      U r happy with ur religion and am happy with my religion, we'll see atlast that whose faith is right and whose wrong.

thanks!

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate...

ur thinkings not ours!

Can you really think? roll roll ...I didnt realize that you too have a brain

no I dont have brain, I use to think from my hands..

I guessed so  hmm U must have lost the power to think with your head roll ...

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/ogu0067l.jpg

lol! its funny

there's an error why the middle one looks like u?
                  lol

nah...You r just looking in da mirror roll

2. Rishy Rich profile image71

Talking with u about Logic is like teaching a children about politics or reality. Children think life is a fantasy world where fairies, dwarfs & magical creatures hang around. No matter how hard u try they never understands politics & real life until they grow up. I dont know when will u grow up...or when religious peoples will...

lol      lol       ;lol:   ;lol:

Talking to  u is like we are breaking our head on stones.

15. brandyBachmann profile image60
    brandyBachmannposted 14 years ago

I do believe that religion, like people, are imperfect and Islam like all other religions have its own flaws and shortcomings, I have to agree that it's quite ironic for a religion of peace to utilize war as a mean to an end but I also understand that diplomacy doesn't work all the time. I think that religion as a whole was created to guide us and like a book it also needs to be "updated".

So to say that Muslims are the only ones fighting is very inaccurate because if you look at the world today, almost everyone is fighting over something, I guess people will always find something to fight over, it could be religion, territory, freedom, ideals and principles

i agree

2. kephrira profile image61
      kephriraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are right that it's not only mulims that are fighting, but they do seem to be disproportionately given to it.

Personally I tyhink that is because it is part of Islam as it is commonly practiced to all stick together and always protect and defend other muslims, regardless of the context. That means that whenever one group of muslims gets involved in a conflict many more want to get involved on their side regardless of whether they are in the right or if they actually started it. That means that conflict escalates and spreads much more easily when muslims are involved.

16. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t324/elchistoso69/Evolution%20Cartoons/GodoftheGaps.jpg

17. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I think that the people trying to apply the western cultural to the muslim traditional mindset are going to come up against a brick wall. I personally agree with western morales, but who am I to say another culture is wrong just because I was brought up differently.

The people who argue against muslim culture are the same as those muslims who perform violence in the name of muslim culture. The only difference is that in western culture violence has been demonised to a much greater extent.

The world would be a boring place if everywhere was the same, it is easy for a westerner to look on other cultures and see their flaws, but a woman from an african tribe would be shocked to see that a woman could do something as horrendous as leave her child with another person, and some cultures would denounce a man for washing only once a day.

Cultural perspective causes conflict, and fear, but it also makes the world an interesting and wonderful place to live in. If you have a problem with your own culture - emigrate, if you have  aproblem with another countries culture - don't go there.

1. Freya Cesare profile image76

Well said. Finally! smile

18. satyenhacks profile image60
    satyenhacksposted 14 years ago

You can not ignore or forget What is happening and What happened in the muslim society. Till now they are the same. Right from the Arab upto any place they just want blood on the name of Allah and Quran.

If anything happens, they represent these as answers. Today world you have international groups of Muslims,I think all you know who they are and what they are doing. They have only reason why they are doing.......reason is Allah.

hmmmm....so you are hindu....

I would like to tell you "When looking for faults,use mirror not telescope"

What Shiv sena is doing ?

What Mayowadi are doing ?

do you call them HINDU TERRORIST....HA HA HA

COMMON,DON'T FORCE ME TO EXPOSE YOUR PEOPLE ACTS IN FRONT OF EVERYONE....

YOU LISTEN MEDIA,ENJOY LIFE,BUT KEEP UR VIEW IN UR POCKET....

thank you!

19. kaja_mel profile image61
    kaja_melposted 14 years ago

I use to believe Islam and Christians believed in the same God. However with indept study I realized it is not. The Chritian God says to lie is a sin. Islam says it is okay to lie to the infedel or to honor Allah. The Christian God also says it is a sin to murder. Islam says to kill the infedel. Also Allah was originally the name of a moon god. Also Islam is a captive religion; you will die at the hands of others if you leave. I've gotten this information from muslims I know and others I have seen interviewed. One friend of mine says Islam makes life very difficult for them. They are always being observed by others, including famiy memebers. However, the latter can also be related to culture and not religion.

//
      The Chritian God says to lie is a sin. Islam says it is okay to lie to the infedel or to honor Allah. The Christian God also says it is a sin to murder. Islam says to kill the infedel. Also Allah was originally the name of a moon god. Also Islam is a captive religion; you will die at the hands of others if you leave. I've gotten this information from muslims I know and others I have seen interviewed.
      //

You are nothing but a lier....or may be ignorant...

you got this not from muslims,but from Anti-Muslim websites...
      common,don't try to show me proof...i know islam much better than you,and i know and read what kind of lie Anti-Muslims lie...

who is that friend....who says Islam makes life difficult...?

2. Freya Cesare profile image76

Allah not the name of moon God. the information you got is wrong. Allah mean God in Arabic.

Killing those who went astray from Islam it is act of irresponsible person who sadly had crazy way in translating Al Qur'an. it is man in doing this, not Allah who told him too.

The wrongness of those several acts you accused Islam as the caused, is in human mind and in human disabilities to become great Muslim, not in the religion. Al Qur'an already taught well, but it is not Allah who did wrong when people having wrong idea about how to become Muslim. It is in the person only which then grow bigger into big matter when this wrong idea start infecting others.

1. Freya Cesare profile image76

Check this out, please.

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-Islam-says … y-neighbor

it is Muslim characteristic should be according to Al Qur'an

20. sukena@gmail.com profile image46
    sukena@gmail.composted 14 years ago

Plz read this before saying anything i m not trying to convince any onyone http://hubpages.com/hub/humanityandjihad

Aaaaaah! An oxymoron! lol

21. kingslaveofallah2 profile image60
    kingslaveofallah2posted 14 years ago

wow...Interesting discussion going on.....

so,TO EVERYONE.......

a slave of Allah is here....

ASK...ME....WHAT EVER YOU WANT.....

ABOUT ISLAM....

WHAT EVER ....!

OK. What does this mean, other than what it says. smile

Qur’an 5:33: “The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and His Prophet and perpetrate mischief [reject Islam or oppose its goals] in the land, is to murder them, to hang them, to mutilate them, or banish them. Such is their disgrace. They will not escape the fire, suffering constantly.

22. kingslaveofallah2 profile image60
  23. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

5 months, one hub and that is on religion! Sockpuppet territory! lol

smile don;t worry buddy.....

have patience...you will see more and more....

do you know when ur given verses was revealed to prophet...if not,then first try to know that....and indeed you will find it right...

bytheway...Tell me one thing...very honestly...and i believe you are a man...a man ...real man...

First Question ????
      -----------------------------
      What you will do.if few group of peoples throw you out of ur home,hurt you badly physically...even troubling your family .mother ...wife,daughter...throwing them out of out of ur home....and there is no one to help you.

What you will do....you pack ur bag and baggage and leave the place or will fight ? and try to protect your family ????

2nd Question ???
      ------------------------------
      What are the order given to Soliders in staying in Afganistan ????

To go and have coffee with terrorist....????

Pls,just answer what i asked ! nothing more...

24. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 14 years ago

This means ...

That the above, Translation, of a Verse of Quran's  5:33, requires, that it be read within the Context, of the Stated.

The Context is, the preceding referred verse of Quran ... There are two Verses, one about the Regret of Caine, upon failing to undestand, the Cows poitation of how to bury his brother, 
    "

With the thousands of hate verses in the quoran and bible it makes little difference with or without context.

Every single argument against the hate splurged all through these tomes seems to be denied through context. A weak cop-out in my view!

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Yes, with the Quran, or the Bible, or any other holy book, it's all about the "context" of the scripture. We need not read the words in front of us to see its meaning as that is buried in "context" - as if, context was so important as to give clear distinction between killing someone and embracing them as your brother. wink

25. Shahid Bukhari profile image60

Abel, he had murdered, in mischief, 5:31 ...  then the next verse, i.e. 5:32, giving the Why, of such Severe Punishments ... In the State :

"For this [reason]  We prescribed, for the children of Israel ... whoever, kills a person, unless such be for Manslaughter, or creating mischief in the land ... it will be [deemed] as if he had killed all humankind.

And, whoever saves a life, is as though he had saved the lives of all humans.

And certainly, our messengers came to them, with clear arguments ... but, even after that, many of them commit excesses, in the land ... "

The referred, Verse 5:33 then follows the two [i.e. 31 and 32].

What I am trying you to understand is ... That these out of Context Translations, essentially aim at generating Interfaith Hatreds. o pick up our Book, and always read the Context, before making a judgment.

As I said, I have read your hate-filled tome. Insisting on "context" makes no difference at all. It says what it says.

26. Shahid Bukhari profile image60

the 'o pick up... ' is my typing error ... please read it as ... 'So pick up our Book [Al Quran] ...

27. Theology4Reality profile image60
    Theology4Realityposted 14 years ago

Okay, First off, I will say that I believe in Jesus as Saviour, but if you think Muslims are the only violent people out there, look again. Crusades: Started by "Christians" not the Muslims. I Read both my Bible and The Qur'an daily (I have a Qur'an app on my phone) and, historically speaking, muslims have a history of Non-confrontation that precedes Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr.

And The Bible is an even more "Hate filled tome": All the residents of Canaan must be put to death? Stone a witch? Oh, that's old testament. How About 1st epistle of John, chapter 2, where we are taught to hate the world?

By definition, I am a Christian. I believe that it is only through Jesus that salvation is brought. But I refuse to call myself a Christian, because I don't believe that bombing abortion clinics or beating up gays (Like a certain pastor in Michigan) will bring salvation.

If you want to call yourself a christian, I'd re-read the gospels and pay attention to the teachings of Jesus first. Then take a long look at a mirror. For people who talk about the muslims being a religion based on hate, it is the christians in this thread that are spewing hateful messages.

And to all the muslims in this thread, I am one "Christian" who does not condemn you. God Bless all.

And to earnestshubs: the Old and New testaments say what they say. But many Christians put it in a hateful violent context. Your argument as well, is weak at best.

5 star!

smile

I sincerely doubt that you have read my posts. In fact I am beginning to believe that you read as well as you spell and construct sentences.

What is weak is your defence of your hate filled tomes with that hoary old "It's taken out of context" argument.

What context do you think hate and threats should be taken in, and how can you take reams of hate as meaning other than the words written? lol lol lol

kingslaveofallah2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

//In fact I am beginning to believe that you read as well as you spell and construct sentences....//

i didn;t knew i have these skills tooo...thank for telling me...

nothing is taken out....i;m not going to say that....

there is a reason why something is said....

yes,there is other meaning and reasons for everything...

saying i love u to mother,and wife...both have different meanings...

love for mother is different and for wife is different...

infact....you think you are very smart and have knowledge of everything,and what ever you know is correct.and what ever others know is lie or fake...

smile

28. kingslaveofallah2 profile image60

Please visit this hub and learn more about JIHAD....

What Actually JIHAD is....!

29. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Just like that violent movement in Buddhism that is committing genocide against Muslims in Myanmar right now.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It isn't 'just like'. Isn't that the government committing atrocities within their own country? Are they exporting the violence in an attempt to commit genocide within the borders of other sovereign states?

30. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 6 years ago

I have had this discussion previously with a person who is a Muslim and raised in a Muslim country and came to the United States.  He was by boss.  We agreed that Christianity and Islam are made up of many different interpretations of a single holy book.  While some will read the Koran and see motivation for violence, others will read parts of the Koran and see reasons to respect other religions and be peaceful.  I understand that not all people who follow Islam abide by Sharia law.  Some do not believe in following the Hadith.  It was interesting when I started telling him about all the different sects of Christianity such as Catholic, Mormon, Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptist and others.  He mentioned many different sects of people who follow Islam.  I think if an individual is violent, they will see reasons in the Koran to commit violence.  The bottom line is that not even peace loving Muslims know how to handle terrorists.  These terrorists have no problem killing other Muslims.  The bigger problem is there is no way to tell who is or who will become a terrorist.

31. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Exactly.  I grew up knowing Muslims from my area, New Zealand and Fiji.  I heard and saw more hateful stuff from all of the other groups than from them.  Jehovah's Witness and Christdelphinians would harass people in the street and say nasty things about gay people.  Never had any of those issues from the mosque--

32. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago

Religion is another way of owning people, luckily nobody, not even a nation owns me. Why are  predominantly religious nations violently fight for peace. When an average person pays more on taxes than he pays for food and rent, i would be deeply concern, who is protecting who?

No other nation has a greater criminal rap sheet as US or as great a war and terrorist monopoly hold on tbe world. Why is it always the other religion, the bad guy. Could be written by another jealous God?.

Or used a great tool for another greedy hierarchy system, resulting into more proverity and continues  to be our greatest killer of them all.?

33. profile image55
    moopyposted 6 years ago

NO

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Which part of my post do you says no to.  If any, I will remove that part and learn something new.

Boy this, Shall be good.

Welcome to hubpages.

34. AshutoshJoshi06 profile image81
    AshutoshJoshi06posted 6 years ago

Some religions are advertised offenders while other work behind the scenes. But the purpose is always the same "Divide and Rule", "Within or Outside". Who shares the blame depends upon how we wish to interpret, even the seemingly obvious!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)