Jihad- the Word That Is Not Dirty at All by Misbah

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. surovi99 profile image83
    surovi99posted 2 years ago

Read the following interesting article by Misbah where she emphasizes and clarifies the real meaning of "Jihad." Here is the link:
    https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph … rty-at-all

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

From traveling most of the middle east. I find decency among Muslims some what like the Amish. They both are too restricting for my freedom lifestyle. Yet their  restraints from attacking the west is amazing. The attacks from the west are mainly false flag. With the west like US invading the middle east. I can't imagine killing anyone in my lifetime. Yet, if the west attacked my family, I can only imagine, it's time to defend them with my life and homeland.

1. Misbah786 profile image85
        Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Castlepaloma, thank you very much for your very kind and supportive comment. I appreciate the time and effort you spent in reading this article. smile
        Have a great Sunday!
        Blessings always!

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand religion and there much hypocrisy in every group.
          Yet religion has my respect, acceptable and support . We can overcome the real Bully's and most of us know who the fear mongers are.  The ones who are true to their religion are wonderful people like yourself Misbah.

Work/love/peace

Castlepaloma, I appreciate your kind, positive, and supportive comments. The survival of  humanity is essential and no religion commands the destruction or killing of humanity. No one can practice religion or become spiritual unless he or she first becomes a good human being.

Work, Love, and Peace are the three most vital pillars of a happy existence. Thank you for the good vibes.

Blessings to you!! smile

2. Misbah786 profile image85

Thank you so much for sharing my article, Rosina. I am glad you found it interesting. smile
      Much Gratitude, dear friend. Happy Sunday!

Blessings and Lots of Love smile

2. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Rosina, thank you for sharing this important article, Misbah, you have clearly and comprehensively explained the true meanings of the word "Jihad." I have only ever heard the negative connotations that are spread by the press, Western media etc.

I thank you for opening my eyes and those of any other readers to the truth. This needs to be read by many. Blessings.

Thank you very much, John, for reading this article and sharing your beautiful thoughts with me on this topic.

I am truly grateful for your generosity and kindness. You are very encouraging and supporting friend of mine. I consider myself really privileged to have you as a friend.

I'm delighted you found this article important and worth reading. I just wish may this article clear the doubts of many. smile

May God continue to bless you more and more. Ameen! Have a wonderful Sunday.
      Blessings always!! smile

3. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

This is a very informative article, Misbah. The word jihad is certainly misunderstood, and you clearly explained it very well.

Thank you for posting this article, Rosina.

Pamela, thank you very much for your very kind and generous feedback. Your kindness is greatly appreciated, dear friend smile
      Have a blessed and happy Sunday.

Many Blessings and Lots of Love!

4. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 2 years ago

I agree that the Muslims and their beliefs are very misunderstood.

I've been in a few Muslim countries.  I've had some very interesting experiences.  I even worked for a man who was a Muslim for a period of time.  I agree that many people do not understand the Muslims or the religion.  In some places people were very curious about me as I went outside cities to smaller towns.  Many people invited me into their homes.  In some cases, I was the first Christian they had ever met.  The only place that made me nervous and I don't think I'd like to visit again is Saudi Arabia.  The people there are nice, but you have to be very careful of all the rules.

I had a Muslim man point out to me in the Quran where Muslims must show respect for other religions.  I was stunned and realized how much I didn't know.

I had another Muslim tell me how the world believes Muslims are terrorists, but nobody mentions the tens of thousands of Muslims who have died fighting terrorists and terrorism.

When I was in Israel, I learned that there are Muslims who serve in the Knesset, the elected Israeli government. I was also taken to areas in Israel where Jews and Muslims work together to have a good community.  It is true, and I saw it with my own eyes.

I learned that beheadings and female mutilation are part of cultures.  Not all Muslims believe the same way on these topics.

A Muslim man pointed out to me that there are major differences between Sunni and Shia Islam.  He was right in pointing out it is similar to the differences between Catholics and Christians.

Most of the Muslims I have met simply want to live their life, practice their religion and be respected.  I think it is a mistake to let the media displaying bad Muslims cause it to blind people to the majority of very good Muslims.

Thank you so much for your very kind, supportive, and helpful response, Mr. Mike. I greatly appreciate your words of wisdom.

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your experience with me about visiting Muslim countries. I am glad you found those people very hospitable. I cannot exactly figure out why you don't want to visit Saudi Arabia again. The only reason I can think of is their very strict standards of living. Most of those are rules that are imposed on them. If you ever again get a chance to visit Saudia Arabia try to meet the people of Medina. They are super lovely and very kind people. Every country has good and bad people and so is Saudi Arabia. I've been to Saudi Arabia several times on Hajj and Umrah pilgrimages. It is not difficult for Muslims (who are aware of their extremely severe laws and regulations) to travel and adjust to their norms. Despite the fact that they are quite strict and do not like people breaching their laws. But yes I think I can understand why you have felt that way.

There are different branches/sects like Shia, Wahabi,  Ahl-e Hadith, and Sunni, etc. I am a Sunni Muslim but I love to be known as a Muslim only because the religion Prophet Muhammad PBUH spread was Islam the people who accepted that religion is known as Muslim, at that time there were no sects.

The Glorious Holy Quran commands us not to create sects not to divide ourselves. Those who follow the teachings of the Holy Quran and Sunnah (the act of Prophet Muhammad PBUH), and do not create sects are the People who are on the true path.

“And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;” [Al-Qur’an 3:103]

The Holy Qur’an says to call yourselves 'Muslim' and don't create sects. In Arabic and Urdu language, we call sects as 'Firqa' smile

There are a lot of Christians in Pakistan and we love and appreciate them. If you will ever get a chance to visit Pakistan you will be unable to tell a difference between a Christian and a Muslim. Christianity is the third largest religion in Pakistan. According to the 2017 Census, the proportion of Christians in Pakistan was estimated as about 1.27% of the population. We do have churches in Pakistan as well and they are respectable places of worship. smile

You are right media plays a very big role. Islam and the concept of Jihad are not only misinterpreted by Muslims due to the media but it is also misunderstood by non-Muslims. That's sad. neutral

There are numerous people who love to discuss how to divide. I'd love and enjoy discussing how to unite. I am a rebel. I enjoy doing stuff that most people will not accept and fear doing. A life without challenges is not a life and to create awareness about this topic is a challenge in itself. When the majority seeks to separate us all, I want to bring us all together. I may not agree with everything, but I admire people like you who join hands in hands together to raise awareness. I am grateful for your kindness and support. smile

Blessings always!! smile

5. ravirajan01 profile image93
    ravirajan01posted 2 years ago

Great article. Sadly in today's world the meaning of jihad has been distorted by some elements for their own nefarious purposes. Hopefully sense and wisdom should prevail. Thanks for sharing.

I greatly appreciate your very positive and supportive comment, Ravi. Your feedback here is a joy. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and support.

Blessings always!! smile

6. vidsagster profile image87
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

This is an important information relevant to these times. People need to know the true meaning of the word 'jihad'. Some bad elements have twisted it and caused so much havoc in the world. It is time it is set right. Thanks for enlightening us.

Thank you so much for your sweet words of kindness and support, Vidya. I am grateful for your very thoughtful feedback. Thank you so much for reading and responding so positively.

Blessings and Lots of Love, dear friend smile

7. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing such an informative and important article, Misbah. I learned many interesting facts by reading it.

Thanks a bunch for your very kind and generous feedback, Linda. I am so glad to know you learned some interesting facts by reading this article. Greatly appreciated, dear friend.
      Have a beautiful Monday!

Lots of Love and Blessings as always! smile

8. Moondot1822 profile image96
    Moondot1822posted 2 years ago

Salam Misbah,
    I would say, you nailed it. You have covered the topic beautifully. We must stand for the right. Because the meaning of "Jihad" is different. Some authorities are misusing it.
    You tried to clear up all these misconceptions. Great work!
    Stay safe and healthy...

Wasalam Moon,

Dear sister, I appreciate and am delighted to receive your feedback. Thank you for your warm words of encouragement and support. May Allah continue to bless you abundantly. Ameen!
      Have a great day ahead!
      Blessings and Love to you! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)