Ghosts or reflection of imaginations?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (62 posts)
  1. profile image57
    writingmaniac22posted 13 years ago

Some believe that every red streak or overexposure on film is a ghost. most don't believe in ghosts at all. have you had experiences with ghosts/angels or anything associated with life after death or do you believe most photos around of ghosts are an elaborate hoax with a trick of the camera by the photogrophers hand?

1. Hubbin4V12 profile image64
      Hubbin4V12posted 13 years agoin reply to this

some nuances can be attributed to light, reflection, and/or lens flare. However some different colored objects that appear in the same general vicinity (like a home) in photographs, may very well be something paranormal.  A few TV based references suggest that orbs or objects that are green in hue are negative, and the same is said about dark/black shadows too. Who knows? Personally, I haven't had any experiences outside what I can explain, but perhaps someone else can share. Good topic btw.

2. profile image57
      amprichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that ghosts/spirits are definitely hanging around these days...have had some incredible encounters that cannot be explain in any other way...but I also think that some people like to use film to play hoaxes...perhaps it's best to just cultivate a certain nonchalance towards it all and not make too big of a deal about it...

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The fact that some things may appear inexplicable at first does not mean we automatically assign it to be a ghost when no immediate terrestrial explanation is at hand.

That's no different from a religionist claiming, "God did it"  smile

3. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a psychic medium so I would have to say yes I believe in the paranormal and supernatural because I have witnessed countless oddities my whole life on the subject. I write about my paranormal experiences on hub pages.

If you had your psychic abilities tested and they were real, there is a Nobel Prize waiting for you. Of course, many other Nobel Prizes would have to be taken away from a vast array of scientists who discovered the very laws of the universe that your skills would violate. smile

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
          crazyhorsesghostposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have published a lot of my own hubs on the subject of ghosts and the paranormal.

I have saw ghosts and shadow people all my life as have many other people I know. Recently we investigated a old closed down nursing home and captured a mans voice saying " Oh God Please Help Me "

Its interesting to note that some people can see ghosts and hear things while other people can not. Why its like that I don't know it just is.

But some people will tell you ghosts don't exist. But I can tell you from my own personal experiences that ghosts are very real and most are the spirits of a person who has lived. No they are not demons.

Quite often in places where great tragedy has happened you will find ghosts or other paranormal activity.

How that supports the existing of the paranormal would be the same as the people who believe Scientology is real just because it's written in a book.

Uh-huh.

I think that says more about those who allegedly see and hear those things in regards to mental health.

You can tell me they are real? If I turn to science, it tells me those things can't possibly exist without violating a number of physical laws. Since science is based on evidence and experimentation and the paranormal is based on testimonials, the paranormal hasn't a leg to stand on and we are left wondering about the mental health of it's claimants.

Yet, nothing of the sort has ever been reported. smile

2. mohitmisra profile image61
          mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are many physics on this planet ,I have my abilities,why the Nobel Prize?

I have seen and communicated with Ghosts?

why the picture of Albert Einstein ,he believed in a higher intelligence.

LOL! Sure you have. smile

1. mohitmisra profile image61

Whether you believe it or not . smile

But why the Albert Einstein picture, his thoughts were so different from yours.

2. earnestshub profile image81
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No he did not Mohit. smile

Hi Earnesthub ,he did belive ina higher intelligence.

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."

# "I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice."

# "God is subtle but he is not malicious."

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."

"God gave me the stubbornness of a mule and a fairly keen scent."

"There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there. All great discoveries have involved such a leap."

I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know his thoughts. The rest are details.

I see a pattern, but my imagination cannot picture the maker of that pattern. I see a clock, but I cannot envision the clockmaker. The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions, so how can it conceive of a God, before whom a thousand years and a thousand dimensions are as one?

Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is the same as that of the religious fanatics, and it springs from the same source . . . They are creatures who can't hear the music of the spheres.

In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognise, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support for such views-
              Albert Einstein smile

1. Jerami profile image59
                Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Many Thanks to you my friend..   Good stuff you have written.

Welcome Jerami smile

2. earnestshub profile image81
                  earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Except it isn't accurate! lol

Why do you say that earnesthub?

2. Jerami profile image59

I am not a psychic medium, never been to one...
        Have had no training and have read no books on the subject...YET I have had many many experiences of several kinds of manifestations.  I can not prove beyond any shadow of boubt any of my experiences of both the normal or paranormal.

There is something out there.   FACT!   IT only shows itself as much as it chooses when IT wants to whoever is receptive.

We can not, by normal means, prove the paranormal.

Even if I could ? To prove this to someone else doesn't increase its' value to me.   It is there for the seeing if ya want to see it.

4. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

There are no ghosts; it is only a superstition.

The Angels are true and are mentioned with definite functions in Quran, the Word of the Creator-God Allah YHWH existing in the original Arabic text; one may however understand it in the translations also.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. profile image0
    Over The Hillposted 13 years ago

All these questions just prove how small and insignificant we are in this great universe we live in. There are multitudes of unanswered questions that we can only speculate on. Even my faith in God is based on faith,no concrete existance can be proven.

1. Jerami profile image59

It seems that Proof of something is little more than general consensus

3. FuzzyCookie profile image72
    FuzzyCookieposted 13 years ago

I believe ghosts and evil spirits do exist. I havent seen tho (I hope I never see one) but my brother has seen some crazy stuff. Its a long story not in mood to type. yikes big_smile

4. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 13 years ago

There are some people who will never accept anything a real unless they can sense it with one or another of their five senses; or the tried-and-true instruments of our present day.  Skeptic Societies are filled with them.  Such people generally hark back to that old argument, 'Scientific Proof' forgetting entirely that the scientists of earlier days mocked 'radio' 'heavier than air flight' and more recently Quantum Physics, and how our reality is changed by how we expect it to be (e.g. either as a wavelet or a particle)

Of course there are things in existence outside of our sensory ranges!  Look at the sky on a cloudless day.  It appears there is nothing there.  A simple temperature drop and voila! the sky is filled with seemingly completely separated clouds.  This would have seemed like magic to early humankind.

I support those who say they are psychics.   There are just far too many around, and right down through the millenia of human existence to claim they are all mistaken or all frauds.

5. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I have a picture my daughter took of me in my loving room, it looks as though theres a little girl sitting above me...

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some people's kids! Those who cite "physical law" should really read up on where science is going. Transporters and cloaks of invisibilty, string theory and alternate universes. Theoeretically speaking, it could be said that string theory allows whole universes which follow physical laws foreign to our reality. Could also be one where God doesn't exist, does exist or even one where no one sits around talking about it.

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
        Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Far as ghosts go, those who cannot directly effect their surroundings are ghosts. They could be evidence of high energy imprintation of a past image. There is an incredible amount of it in the human body (energy) and a camera works by light to imprint an image. Leonardo's obscurer demonstrates that film is not a requirement for an image to be captured. After Hiroshima and Nagasaki, images were imprinted on remaining surfaces which were humans who had been annihilated. Poltergeists are those who do effect local surroundings, they too may be some form of energy release emanating from someone closely involved in the paranormal activity. A man once told me that he saw Elvis, in the clouds! Not clouds that resembled Elvis. ELVIS! Be areal shocker if he was really JC

For example, that would be science fiction or more accurately, pseudoscience. smile

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Some peoples kids might want to understand the differences between science and science fiction. smile

6. Len Cannon profile image86
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

They are primarily signs that someone needs to learn to take photos better.

7. Alison Graham profile image95
    Alison Grahamposted 13 years ago

I used to teach sunday school in an Abbey Church - I was taking the children up to the room above the vestry for class and opened the door, only to find a lady in there, arranging flowers.  She had on a twinset and pearls and neat hair.  The flowers were on a large iron stand and were very beautiful. I apologised, closed the door, then thought NO, hang on, we ARE supposed to be in here so I opened the door again and guess what, no lady, just the iron stand - and I could still smell the flowers!  There was no other exit from that room except from the door I opened. I am not given to fancy but the image of that lady has stayed with me for over thirty years!

1. mythbuster profile image71
      mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is fascinating to me. You were the only one who saw? Were there never any other incidents you heard about in the same building?

8. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Ghosts or reflection of imaginations?

Hi friends

I think ghosts are imaginations of weak persons who are superstitious.

Thanks

And gods. smile

2. mohitmisra profile image61

And what about angels?

1. profile image50

Hi friends

There are no many gods; there is only ONE God, the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

The Angels also do exist; they obey commandments of God.

Thanks

Okay angels exit but ghosts do not.How convenient because Muhammadan communicated with an angel.

“The Messenger of Allaah May Allah's peace and blessings be on him said: ‘The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.”

1. profile image50

Hi friend

While discussing about Islam please quote from Quran, the first and the foremost source of Muslims, whatever the denomination. Hadith did not exist at the time of Muhammad; it was collected 200/250 years after his demise and is only accepted if it is not against Quran.

Thanks

Surah 6:100

Yet they make the Jinns equals with Allah, though Allah did create the Jinns;
                  And they falsely, having no knowledge, attribute to Him Sons and Daughters.
                  Praise and glory be to Him! For He is above what they attribute to Him!

Surah 46:29 to 31

29: Behold, We turned towards you a company of Jinns quietly listening to the Quran: When they stood in the presence thereof, they said, "Listen in silence!" When the reading was finished, they returned to their people, to warn them of their sins.

Surah 55:14 and 15

14: Allah created man from sounding clay like unto pottery,
                  15: and Allah created Jinns from fire free of smoke.

The Noble Qur'an - Saad 38:35-39
              35. He said: "My Lord! Forgive me, and bestow upon me a kingdom such as shall not belong to any other after me: Verily, You are the Bestower."

36. So, We subjected to him the wind, it blew gently to his order whithersoever he willed,

37. And also the Shayâtin (devils) from the jinns (including) every kind of builder and diver,

The Noble Qur'an - Saba' 34:12-14
              14. Then when We decreed death for him [Sulaimân (Solomon)], nothing informed them (jinns) of his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his stick, so when he fell down, the jinns saw clearly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment.

9. Alison Graham profile image95
    Alison Grahamposted 13 years ago

I do not believe I am a weak person, nor am I superstitious, I merely reported something I saw and that I cannot explain.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)