Witnessing as a Christian should do/

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (138 posts)
  1. profile image0
    hitalotposted 13 years ago

When all the barbarians go into their darkened caves'
    When all the socially incorrect start banging their heads'
    Remember, the seed that you had sewn in their hearts door was never done in vain.

~
    If people chose not the way of truth-
    You are not to blame !
    Yet they themselves maybe a bit mentally insane'
    When you have done all you can please leave the rest to the one'

Who knows the very hairs on your head'
    Now spring up Christian and fulfill your royal duty'
    Your a card carrying member of the human race'
    Let this notion never end in a disgrace'

Each of us were given valuable gifts'
    Yet if not used it will go to waste...
    Strain toward the mark of your high calling in Christ Jesus'

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's insane not to believe in invisible sky fairies?

Wow, the things you learn about mental health here. smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When all the Kristians stand and proklaim,
      They are the ones who Got all the Morality.

Then it turns out that aint right.

Sure - we dun c, religion be garbage and lying 4 jeebus is the norm.

No respect.

None. sad

Hate.

That is wot u got. Hate. Dressed up as something else, but we all feel it.

Sad.
      Disgusting.
      Religion.

No god - u b angry - I C. So sad. sad

Bless= F***

So god bless u2.

No offense. lol

1. profile image0
        stephane86posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mr Knowles,

I suppose your approach attempts to be provocative. It is, however, one thing to be provocative and another to be insulting. I think, one part of civility and of civilized debate is to respect the opinion of the other, no matter how irrational or nonrational it may appear to be.

In many ways, debate is a good thing. But there is not such a thing as deplorable, as bad irony and sarcasm.

1. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mr Knowles - Please keep up all your good works in exposing the hypocritical fallacies of religious dogma and fantasy.  I see from your posts in these forums that you only attack those who preach and proselytise and in this you have my constant support.  I also like your translation of the mealy mouthed speak of those who try to ram their nonsense down our throats, especially where a poster ends a sickening line or two with with 'love you', you have this translated perfectly as 'f**k off'.

Keep up the good work - maybe if enough of us stick at it we can reduce the amount of bull@@@t in the world to leave enough space for discussion of real issues.

No - just honest. I see that Christians can say whatever they like - they are just passing on god's word. And suggesting that I am a barbarian for not being a Christian is perfectly acceptable.

But when I respond in kind, I am at fault.

Two faced hypocrisy? I think so. wink

@ hitalot - yeah don't send me any more emails either. wink

Goddunnit!

2. bulletproofballoo profile image61
        bulletproofballooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the easiest thing to do to fix the legit issue of hypocritical Christians, this coming from a Christian, is for Christians to preach by their actions. Don't tell someone what their doing is wrong or tell them your a christian, but show them what they are doing is wrong and show them you are a christian. (They being anyone, including other christians... Sometimes ESPECIALLY other christians). That way, the whole debate of hypocrisy can be put to rest, because Christians have started to speak with their actions and not with words that can be misinterpreted and proves nothing about our lifestyles.

3. nlogan profile image61
      nloganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My pastor just talked last night about our calling! I don't  impose on people but since I'm attractive it's easy to use my looks to start a convo and then when I have all their attention, I bring up the one and only God! lol but yes we are all here for a purpose and I wanna scream to the world how good God is to me!!!! Thanks for post!
      1 Cor 1:26- God uses the foolish things to confound the wise.

He uses the weak, the poor, the powerless as his chosen......

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image62
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This HAS to be a fake post roll

2. lovelypaper profile image59
        lovelypaperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen, nlogan! God is good and is mercy and grace is awsome. It amazes me how much God has put up with me and his longsuffering touches my heart.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
          Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with all my heart lovelypaper. We have to take a stand to do what God requires of us.

4. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved."

5. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hitalot,

I love your post....Jesus is Lord.

2. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

As a barbarian I take exception to the suggestion that I live in a darkened cave !  And what kind of pontificating is it to judge what is and is not socially incorrect for others ?

1. profile image0
      hitalotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In no way am I imposing on your barbarian lifestyle'
      Everyone is given a choice in life'
      Whether you want heaven or Hell;
      So instead of bone picking on every little thing that I say'
      Why don't you look to yourself and make a change'
      There are too many weak willed people in our society that are to afraid to take a stand !

1. profile image0

What you are spouting is a choice in death - not in life.  It is simpering nonsense that might work with children and the mildly insane but is not suitable for a modern thinking audience.

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

China Man,

What is modern about irresponsible sexual behavior? or Self-indulgence at any cost? or, the lack of integrity and no sense of social responsibility?

It seems to me that todays "modern thinking" is driving us back to the stone age.

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Christians should be minding their own damn business and keep their religious views out of other people's lives.

1. profile image0

Hey Cagsil did you drop your deodorant ?
      It's starting to stink in here'
      Would you mind opening up a window ?
      Cause I don't believe I ever asked you for your opinion !
      P.S. This is coming from a Christian !

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's nice. You asking for an opinion isn't required to give one.

Or are you above that sort of knowledge? hmm

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image62

Let's all stop, close our eyes, and imagine Jesus saying what you just said... Oh yes, good "Witnessing" there -- now I am SURE you have been transformed into the likeness of Christ; I can tell by your fruits (ye shall know them by those, y'know). Pffft.

2. nlogan profile image61
      nloganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil- If you beleived that dirt could grant your wishes I wouldn't insult you! So be courteous and don't insult Christians, and not just because God is on our side, but because I'm sure your a nice person deep down inside and I wouldn't hurt your feelings! Love u!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

LOL

You are so offensive it is funny. Well dun. Satan be dun pleezed. LOLOLOL

Attractive? U think? Dear me.

1. Paradise7 profile image70
          Paradise7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark, you come not in peace but carrying a sword.  Weren't you warned off the religious forums once a long time ago, for that very reason???

No Christian is quite as adamantly offensive as you can often be in your atheism, and that's saying a lot, when the Christians on these forums get roused and turn into lions.

There, now I've managed to insult both sides.  I'm really in the soup, now!

Oh - all my fault then? Sure - I gather that is wot u religionists think - it is always my fault........ lol

1. Greek One profile image63
              Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

its all gonna change after the baptism!

Dude - I will send you the $4 - seriously - All I need is your full bank details, social security number, full address, bank PINS and passwords - then I can send you the money.

Really.

1. Greek One profile image63
                  Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

unless and until I get my money, i am going to be Dorothy to your wicked witch with the whole bucket of water thing...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bSk6yN_RU3Q/S13BxC15hfI/AAAAAAAAFfk/Amf_M2cCD3E/s400/Wicked+Witch+almost+melted.jpg

I'm a Christian, but I am also a Capitalist !! (and an extortionist)

WTF is that supposed to be?

3. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If something is written in a christian forum, it is there for all to read. Do not read it and then tell us to mind our own business. You stuck your nose in the business, we did not force you.

violent hatred is a destroyer so maybe pick a less offensive forum.

See, there you go again.

Opening your mouth when there is no need to. As for this forum? It is NOT a Christian forum. It is a Christian forum thread. Which means it is open to the public.

HA!

Again, you are proven wrong yet again.

1. profile image0
          brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thats sooo cute you believe that

Goddunnit

4. lovelypaper profile image59
      lovelypaperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope one day you will be saved, Cagsil, because us Christians will NOT mind our own business, but pray for those who don't know Jesus.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then, Christians will always cause conflict and strife and we will never have peace. smile

LOL

Yup - no respect for others. Dear me - and you wonder why you cause so much hatred. wink

Could you at least do it in private so the rest of us don't have to listen to you whining to the Invisible Super Daddy that there are people who don't believe the nonsense you believe?

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
          h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's that tolerance again. Aren't you one who enters all the christianity threads on the grounds of it being a public forum?
          If you don't want to deal with it, why ever are you on this thread?

Aww Holly - haven't you seen them church thingies all over the place? I come to a religion forum in order to express my opinion about religion and "witnessing" that Christian do.

My opinion is that you should keep it to yourself and stop causing so many fights. This is where I find all the Christians to educate and offer enlightenment too.

Sorry you cannot understand that some of us have a different opinion than you and want to express it. No "christian" threads full of believers sharing their nonsense with all and sundry and stating that they will NEVER mind their own business - I am not here - I am over there discussing the best beer.  Simple.

I think it is fine you expressing your opinion. It just struck me as odd that you were whining at them for expressing their opinions too. So the rest of us are supposed to tolerate your whining? More circles smile

2. Jerami profile image58
              Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that Atheists are spouting nonsense as is the most zealous Christians.   There is a place in the middle between these two extremes that is not nonsence.

God is real!   But Santa Clause he isn't.

Sorry I got a go.   somebody just came in.

3. stilljustwonderin profile image59
              stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My opinion is that you should keep it to yourself and stop causing so many fights. This is where I find all the Christians to educate and offer enlightenment too.

Really?
              Do you really think you are "enlightening" any one?  You aren't going to change our beliefs any more than we are going to change yours.
              You will find more Christians in church.  Try going there and straightening them out.  Good luck to ya.

Already did that. All that proved to me was that Christians are as aggressive and violent as anyone - particularly American mid western Kristians. Two missing teeth and an "interesting," knife scar persuaded me of that. LOL

I am not trying to change your beliefs. I genuinely don't care one whit what you believe. I am trying to educate you as to the ill will and hatred caused when you try and inflict them on every one else - that is all. Just not getting it are ya? wink

Read any history book. wink

Think I am skeered a ya in the reel world? lol I will tell you to your face what I think of your religion.

Could you at least do it in private so the rest of us don't have to listen to you whining smile

1. stilljustwonderin profile image59

I think it would be best if we don't read his post.  He wants to "educate and enlighten".  We are already enlightened, we don't need his education.
                    I'm happy with my belief.  big_smile

Dear me. Sad really. Do I knock on your door? Do I do anything other than ask you to respect others privacy by keeping your ridiculous beliefs to yourselves?

I cannot do that in private because - you stop doing that - I stop complaining.

See how you are starting it? See how - you don't do it - I say nothing? I know - hard to grasp that you are the aggressor. LOL

Coz wot god sed innit.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image59

You actually got in a fight at church?  Well I do have to admit that some times christians surprise me too. 
                  How can we deny that with Westboro Baptist, Jones down in Florida.  Lumping us all into the same pot as those would be like us lumping all athiest  together.  There are good people and bad people in all walks of life.
                  I see no harm in Chrisitans coming together on a thread and discussing our faith.  We know we aren't going to change any ones mind.  We don't do this for the unbelievers.  It's heart warming to share our faith, beliefs, with one another.  Ya know, as enjoyable for us as guys getting together and talking about foot ball.
                  You don't believe, that's your business, not mine or any one elses.  No one should be trying to make you believe, they can't.  No one can "enlighten" us into not believing.  We know what we know, just like you know what you know.

LOLO

Nonsensical arguments like this make me laugh. No - I did not get in a fight in a church. I made the mistake of announcing my atheism in a bar full of aggressive, loud mouthed Kristians the mid west.

Sure - them nasty ones are not real Christians and the 2000 years of wars and fighting - still going on mean nothing.

Feel free to share your ridiculous beliefs with each other. Good that you can convince yourself that there are no missionaries and church bells ringing to spread the word.

Well done. I guess if you can believe you will live forever - you will believe just about anything. I have a number of Kristian websites now. It is surprising what you will buy. wink

4. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

well hello everyone..... what do we have here, is it the beginning of war....

Hey Joy. How are you today? smile

5. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

hiya worn out but happy... My neice had a baby, and they are both fine. My dad is feeling better.... but we had nurses doctors health visitors, friends family visiting...... we are hoping for a peaceful day tomorrow.

I'm glad to hear things are getting better somewhat. Congratulations to those who have a new arrival. smile Please pass on my congrats. smile

1. Joy56 profile image68
        Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i will of course, yes happier today..... much happier, feel like a laugh on here actually.

cool cool cool

1. Joy56 profile image68

3 guys in sun glasses i am in stitches....

6. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Hitalot wrote:

“there are too many weak willed people in our society that are to afraid to take a stand”

Hitalot…your words make little or no sense…it takes no strong willed person to become a ‘so called Christian’.  One needs only to walk into a church house, put down some money, and began lying to him/herself.

7. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

what do you mean by witnessing exactly spreading the good news.?

1. profile image0

Modern thinking audience ?
      Those were the same people that nailed Christ to the cross'
      We all did with our insults and negative attitudes'
      What did he do instead ?
      Dismiss the human race ? No accepted us on the basis of what he did'
      It's not by our works.
      Furthermore, you don't have to agree with me..,
      With friends like you guys who needs enemies ?
      Believe in atheism and Satan if you like you can choose whatever destiny.,
      Yet don't blame me when all Hell breaks lose !

WOW! roll

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image62

How can a person believe in atheism and Satan at the same time? Doesn't make sense.

3. profile image0

If I read the bible story right - Jesus provoked the Jewish 'authorities' who were a puppet government under the Romans, he organised his own betrayal and then refused to defend himself. Claiming he died for me over two thousand years ago is stretching a local event (that was blown up to epic proportions by a gifted writer working for the Roman government) to ridiculous extents.

Nobody who spouts such childish nonsense and tries to indoctrinate kids and vulnerable people with it is my friend.

1. Joy56 profile image68

aw we are no longer friends then. oops

1. profile image0

Nah - you put your point of view, I hae never noticed you spouting yet big_smile

1. Joy56 profile image68

oh i mis read, i thought you meant if they believed, i would never spout, people hate it don't they... my religion has witness in the title....

1. profile image0

Really !!   A guy worked for me a long time ago who had the same word in his, I never knew until he asked me politely to stop blaspheming when people would not pay their bill !  although I might have guessed when he refused to work Sundays even though I paid quadruple time !

1. Joy56 profile image68

that must have been a test of faith for him musn't it?

8. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I think "witnessing" should be in living your life as an example of how to treat other people.
    Some people think it is quoting scripture rather than applying the lessons that scripture teaches.

1. profile image0

Thank you Rochelle Frank,
      That's the point that I was trying to get across'
      Many who haven't accepted Christ don't understand this message/
      There god is self, having become desensitized to any truth'
      They serve the creature more then the creator who actually made them.
      Instead they try to justify their sin with their intellectual thought's.
      Yet if you read the last book of the bible we all know who wins !
      Jesus Christ king of kings and Lord of Lord's.,
      I'm not perfect in any way yet I serve a perfect God who loves me unconditional !
      So let the world say what they want/
      It can't hold a wing and a pray to what my Father (Jesus) did when he held his hands in the air !
      Don't ever relent or give up the hope that is in you'
      Hoping that others can realize this great truth and message'
      If you don't believe me ? Check it out for yourself in the scriptures'
      Cause ultimately when the end comes' ( You will not stand before any man but God himself  !

1. profile image0

Your very right on your approach'
        Yet my Sicilian side at times' can get the best of me ?
        Please forgive me ?
        I'm not perfect'
        With Love,
        Tony Saprano'
        I mean Mario

9. tonks21 profile image60
    tonks21posted 13 years ago

I am a Christian and believe in witnessing but the way that hitalot has done it is wrong. You don't try to shove your beliefs down their throats. That is how people are turned away.

Instead you are supposed to speak to them in love and pray that they come to know Christ. In the end what we have done does not matter. It is up to the person and God. Trying to demean people because they don't believe is incorrect and immature. After all Christians are not perfect. We make bad decisions just like anyone else.

ok. i have said my peace for the day! smile

10. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Step Down from your shaky box mate!
    I understand why you call yourself Hit Alot sad

Do Not Be Angry At those who have hair upon their heads.
    Ignore the 'Bald as a Badger' jokes made of you and consider:
    that you have merely Grown Closer to your Lord by growing through your hair!

An Optorectomy will help you get rid of your shitty outlook on life! Maybe you can find a surgeon to cut that cord between your eyes and your butt? hmm

Get Knicked.... it will help you.. smile

lol lol lol lol PD you are something else. smile big_smile

2. Paradise7 profile image70

Pearl, if you ever come back to this thread, will you let me know what "Get Knicked" means???  I was thinking something totally politically incorrect...and LMAO!

1. profile image0

Thank you to all who have contributed'
        In no way am I trying too belittle anyone'
        If I have I ask right now for your forgiveness'
        I firmly believe that a person should stand for something,  else they will just fall for anything'
        Have a nice day and may God bless you all
        Mario
        P.S. Sorry if I offended anyone in particular .

1. Paradise7 profile image70

I really don't think you offended anyone...you stated your point of view, which some people decided to disagree with, rather humourously.  Not a real problem unless we make it so.

I quite enjoyed the manner in which you stated your point of view and found it poetic, even though I do (somewhat) disagree.

3. profile image0

P.S. I'm getting treatment ASAP for my baldness'
      Just after Sinead Oconner decides to grow her hair back ?

11. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 13 years ago

But seriously, folks...I don't think there's any shame at all in being Christian, it's a very strong, world-wide religion that seems to me to have a lot of merit in its principles.

As far as witnessing goes, I'm...ah...at least a little conflicted about that.  Would a fundamentalist Christian like it if a Muslim or a Shinto or a person with animistic beliefs came to his/her door and insisted on witnessing their religion to him/her???

12. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

That pisses me right off, to post someone's picture, approval would be appropriate Yes?

I was having a bad day and my neighbors kid took a shot, how did you all get it?

mad

lol

Ah ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5976/5619310.jpg

13. profile image58
    Vetaliaposted 13 years ago

I'm a newbie on here and I don't know any of you who have posted previously. I don't know what witnessing means to you, but to me it simply means expressing what I beieve to be true and allowing others to accept or reject it as they choose. I know that God lives and that He loves all of His children, including those who do not believe in Him. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes only through Him. I also believe that God gave every person the freedom to choose what they will believe and a conscience to help them discern between good and evil. Jesus said, "Judge not that ye be not judged;" therefore, I don't assume that everyone who believes something different is automatically condemned to Hell or that everyone who claims to be a Christian will automatically go to Heaven. I believe God will judge us more by what is in our hearts than by what comes out of our mouths. I realize that many people believe differently than I do, and I respect their right to do so.

Because I am a Christian, I have a God-given responsibility to witness of Christ. Others may accept or reject that witness, but they must also accept the consequences of their choice, whether those consequences be good or bad.

For those with open minds and hearts, I love to discuss religion (whether they agree with me or not). However, I will neither argue nor debate with anyone (on either side) who simply wants to pick a fight. Jesus said, "He that hath the spirit of contention is not of me."

14. profile image0

Personally, I can' tell you how very thankful I feel about the forum that I had started'
    In no way was I trying to be a negative writer'
    Yet at various times I noticed I came across that way'
    Still we all make mistakes'
    Nevertheless' it was a breath of fresh air knowing what people thought on the topic'

Thank you,
    Mario

P.S. If you like what I said you are welcome in reading more of my thoughts in the form of poetry on this site'

15. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Hitalot…you may reply to my posts on this thread by posting on this thread…but…please do not abuse my personal email by replying to a posting I have made on it. regards.

1. profile image0

Sorry to have offended you'
      Mario

16. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Witnessing in the way you live you life is a start. There is no need to impose upon someone who doesn't want to listen. That is just counteracting what you are trying to accomplish. Witnessing is not about seeing how many people you can recruit. It is about living your life in such a way that it witnesses to others. Anybody who is on this forum opposing you or what you have to say does not want to listen and therefore it is counterintuitive to attempt to try. Just leave them alone and if they decide to learn more they will ask.

I agree with you 100%.  We are witnessing in the way we live our lives.  We can't save any one.  Jesus does that.  If we push our views on some one, we push them away.  If the subject comes up, then yes, open your mouth and talk about our faith.  I was told by some one once that they didn't know how I got thru the things I did.  They would be in the nut house.  I simply told them that God got me thru.  I planted the seed, that's all I can do.. This is a religious forum.  If some one doesn't want to hear about faith, they shouldn't be here.  I have no interest in sports, so I don't go to the sports forum.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Well said stilljustwondering, well said.

1. profile image0

Personally, I'm not at all finished,
          Matter a fact the Lord has pressed it on my heart to keep writing on this particular subject matter.
          Whatever God puts in my heart is what I must write about !
          Mario

Goddunnit.

2. profile image0

Personally, I'm not at all finished,
          Matter a fact the Lord has pressed it on my heart to keep writing on this particular subject matter.
          Whatever God puts in my heart is what I must write about !
          Mario

Keep right on writing hitalot. You are being obedient to God.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image61

same here hitalot, We have to be obedient.

stilljustwondering, I agree, I will stand firm for righteousness.

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

With about 30,000 religions I don't think yours is the only one allowed on here, and as I recall the originating forum was religion and beliefs.
    Just a thought. smile

18. AdsenseStrategies profile image62
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 13 years ago

I'm confused. I thought this thread was about Megan Fox

It should be! smile

1. profile image0

Wow ! That song in the 80's was right on,
        "The Freeks come out at night ! "
        I'm a freek for Jesus Christ !,
        They tell me I'm a Jesus Freek and they are absolutely right !
        God Bless !

hitalot, They call us crazy. I am crazy about Jesus and not ashamed about it.

19. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

So now we have a mutual crazy club?
    This is getting better. smile

1. profile image0

In some respect each of us is crazy,
      We are unique yet there is no one with the same DNA as anyone else,
      This is good cause that makes each of us different,
      Just think if we were aborted at birth none of us would be writing today ?
      If some people had there way none of us would be here,
      We would be on an isolated island eating squid of some sort.,
      To be different is my gift from a loving God,
      Who sent his son in my place so I wouldn't have to face the fact of eternal doom ! It was because of his love that today I live and breath and have my being.
      Many intellectuals can't seem to grasp this notion of thought,
      Cause they always have to be right and have the last word in everything;
      That's why they need other thugs to join up with them for their cause;
      They can be compared to a high school type cliche mentality.
      Personally I know I'm wrong dead wrong !
      That's why I deserve Hell instead of heaven yet God still loves and accepts me unconditionally.
      Never based on anything that I have ever done yet what Jesus Christ has done on the cross !

Amen!! When I think about how Jesus scacrificed his life for all us, and how he died on the cross for our sins to save us from eternal death, it is the greatest love of all. The day I gave my life to christ was the best day of my life. Jesus is the joy of my salvation!

I am happy you are enjoying the party earnest.

20. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I know you are not stopping. LOL You do not care what anyone else thinks or wants. LOL I already know you do not care what I think LOLOL And have no respect for anyone else. I get that.

==========================================================

Is this an Ateiest saying this to a Theist    OR   ..
    Is it a Theist saying it to an Atheist?

Reading only these words and not knowing who said it....
    Could have been either way.  Humm   Does that tell anyone  anything???

No it doesn't actually Jerami. smile

2. profile image0

Speak for yourself !
      Don't twist my words into something your intellectual minds can equate !
      Far too long Christian's have been taken the back seat in the quiet !
      You won't get that with me,
      Now do you want more sugar or with you prefer salt ! LOL

1. Jerami profile image58

If you didn't notice I copy and pasted something that Mark said

I was letting MARK know that I thought this sounded like what  HE  WAS accusing Christians of sounding like!

Perhaps I could have been more specific???

3. stilljustwonderin profile image59

I haven't heard any comments half as outlandish as what he says.

How about:
      Why would I go into your home and do this in any case? I know that is what you do - but - I have morals and ethics.

What is that?  lol
      I don't go into an unbelievers home and force my views on them.  Do you?
      He doesn't know us.  I think the man has lost it.  Shame.

Except in an open forum I make an attempt to not push my belies on anyone.

In my lifetime I have watched so many people become worse than the thing that they hate.   That is what hate does.  When we dwell upon it we begin a metamorphism process that we always end up wishing that we had not made.

All too often the stronger we accuse others of doing something; the more likely it is that we are also guilty of that same thing.....

Yeah, I can see that happening.  Some on here doing exactly what they accuse others of.
          It is as if this is his private thread and he should be able to tell people what they can and can not say.  Complain because people talk about their faith.
          At the top of this, the title is Religion.  Right?

Religion and philosophy. 
              I guess it is philosophical to always say negative things. 
            It is a form of self hypnosis.  When negative is all that we hear ourselves saying....  we become negative of heart and spirit.

Well lets make sure we don't become negative.  I think it may be best if we don't even read some post.  We don't want to become like that.  If I do, call me and straighten me out!

Time to go check on Mom.
              Love ya

Will do!  Say Ha for me every chance ya get.

1. profile image0

Love is not based in the negative;
                  Jesus was human once felt all the emotions that we felt,
                  Yet he also was devine one in the temple that is where from the scriptures;
                  That he had addressed this particular issue !
                  We can't all be nice all the time !
                  Still no matter what I say you intellectual types will just call me negative !
                  You guys always have to be right and can't ever be wrong !

Sorry, but we weren't discussing you.  Why do you assume we were?

2. Jerami profile image58

If we were to take a vote in the forums I would certainly be voted for as intelligent.

As SJW said My words were not aimed at you.

21. profile image0

Very fortunate to discuss Jesus in an open forum,
    I'm not perfect but my heart yearns to express the issue.
    Seriously people God has commisioned all of us to be a witness,
    We need to put this into practice cause on judgement day please don't blame me.
    Many people believe in something ?
    That's your choice but please give Jesus Christ a chance to come into your life and make a change,
    It's not about joining any church or about any sort of denomination,
    No, it's a relationship with the son of God !
    Every time you look at the stars at night it's from his hand that they were created !

1. profile image0

Christians should continue to be an effective witness for Jesus Christ !

1. Mikio profile image70
        Mikioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I prefer that Christians (and everyone else, for that matter)  should just mind their own business and not bother anyone.  I do think it's annoying that Christians think that they have an exclusive right to preach their God to non Christians.  I think they should just be like St. Francis and practice poverty and humility.  That'll probably be the most effective witness for Jesus of Nazareth.

2. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

barbarians?? Is that how you see other human beings?  You've got no show of "saving" them

2. profile image56
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not join churches, as a Child of God, no matter what church I go to, I am a part of that meeting

1. profile image0

Thank you for your time and effort God bless !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)