Suicide Is Not a Sin - Bible.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)
  1. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

Cutoff from your body if your leg ,hand and eye are interfere for to lead holy life.-BIBLE.
    I hate myself. I want to cut my Head.Is it a SIN.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...mornin' all...  ???  big_smile

3. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Whatever that is jay, why bother ? Once a person commits suicide he's no more with us and that's reality. What's the point of relating things with religious point of view or rational point of view ? People should not comment on what suicide is or what it should be for others.

I lost my cousin on 8th Jan because of suicide and i'm still recovering from that. I'm not a crybaby but thoughts do haunt me every now and then. Whatever the reason of suicide is, people should respect the person who left us instead of relating the actions with worldview or rational flow of thought.  hmm

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that. You have my condolences.

4. Peter211 profile image55
    Peter211posted 13 years ago

Uhh what?

5. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

When it comes to suicide I'm not an expert so I'll not make any comments to that issue.

The passage of which you speak is making a distinction between getting in to Heaven or not getting in Heaven.  If one were to say my right hand just can not stop stealing then the bible is saying it would be better to cut if off then to face the judgement of God for the sin/s we've committed.

6. Fenixfan profile image77
    Fenixfanposted 13 years ago

I somewhat agree with skyfire.. And I'm sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose those close to us. And really it is not our concern on whether they went to Heaven, Hell, or whatever you believe. It was their life to make their choice with. It doesn't seem fair because we feel that we should have meant more to them so at least they would stick around for us, but the mind can get the best of us. Another point to the original post is that the bible does say if the eye offendeth thee, cut it out lest the whole body should perish, talking about adultery. It doesn't even point to suicide at any point. Cutting an eye out or a hand would not kill a person. Another point is that if we are relating this post to what the Bible says is that "Thou shalt not kill" is a commandment. How can one say they are with the Lord if the last thing they do on earth is commit a sin? Suicide is a terrible thing. Even I, myself have thought what an easy way out of life's sorrows and toils, but I am glad I never acted on impulses because it always gets better. When you're at the bottom there's nowhere to go but up.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

jay_kumar

About 9 times out of ten, for people who are thinking about suicide are really seeking for some one to love them.

Seek love, first from people you know, there is some one out there who dose love you. Just adjust this mistake rather than over focus on sin in which is nonsense anyways.

Wailing your looking for that someone to love. I love you, as I love everyone

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
          jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.
          But my mind,thoughts and eye are very much interfere daily to lead spiritual life. I failed to control my parts of the body. Any advice pl

Your mind and  body are well connected as you are a spiritual being first.
            We are all spiritual being all connected to the Universe of the 99% spiritual unknowns. What you are experience is an unknown, that will pass with love and understanding.

The ultimate healing for your mind and body, right now, is to give your love to ones nearest and dearest to you, and you will receive it back in some form or another, that will create the high energy to heal

Remember all you have in life is what you give away, give love and you will receive love.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
              Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It might not be a sin. Let's examine. It is the admission within the self that defeat is clear and that nothing will ever get better. That's not what Jesus said. So, in the context of religion, being that sin is a religious concept, denial of the sacrifice is a sin, and suicide is not only denial of it, but spittle in the eye of Jesus. At the very least, it is a conquering of your soul by the darkness of this world. Probably not a good way out. Buddhism says return, taking three steps backward on your Karma gamecard.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

jay_kumar

Speak to me jay

I and others care

7. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I actually used to know a few people who have committed suicide.
    One of my old high school buddies found his son dead on the couch, and the same friend's brother killed himself not long before that. Both of them shot themselves in the head.

My sister also made several attempts to kill herself, and ended up in a mental hospital. Thank god that she got the help that she needed. I was with her on some of her worst days, and seeing her in such bad shape had me in tears. It was like she became a totally different person overnight. She is a lot better now.

I should mention that I also thought about it when I was struggling with my sexuality, I thought about hanging myself, also getting a rowboat and rowing out to the center of our towns biggest lake and jumping off with something tied to my feet so I would sink to the bottom, and everyone would just assume I ran away. Yeah, that was a really bad time. Until I finally said, fuck the world, if they don't like me for who I am, they can drown themselves in the lake! I'm going to party!

I have also heard of lots of gay teen suicides, people hanging themselves, drug overdoses, and very attractive young guys jumping off the roofs of buildings because they feel so unwanted, as people like Pat Robertson and religious assholes go out of their way to tell them how much they are unwanted, without care of what would happen as a result of their hate.

I will never understand why anyone would feel so bad that they want to die. I can see someone who is very ill that will die soon anyways, but not someone who is young and healthy. There is just way too much to live for.

8. QudsiaP1 profile image60
    QudsiaP1posted 13 years ago

Suicide is wrong... PERIOD!

I have 2 hubs on this, perhaps that could straighten you out.

Check 1 of your hubs

9. profile image52
    Elisah1957posted 13 years ago

In (Genesis 1:26) G-d says, "Let us make man in our image and in our likeness”. The biblical teaching of murder is by command of G-d to be a wrongful action because man was created in the image of G-d. G-d speaking to Noah, Sourced in (Genesis 9:5-6) “And murder is forbidden. Man-Killing animals must die, and any man who murders shall be killed; for to kill a man is to kill one like G-d”.
    Suicide is a wrongful act but only G-d can judge the action of a man. For the action may have been seen by man as malice and weak but G-d may have seen a broken spirit brought on by the action or actions of another, therefore, woe to them for on their behalf would be an Judgement of murder.

There is still hope for Judgment day has not arrived and one can still pray on behalf of those whom have passed into the realm of death. The prayer of a righteous man allows the hand of G-d to do wondrous things. And one is made righteous in the sight of G-d by being strong in faith and believing Him to perform all things. Our L-rd is gracious and ever ready to forgive. G-d is very pleased with prayer for it shows one's faith and trust in His performance. Our L-rd is mighty forever, who brings life to the dead, mighty to save.

Remember Our L-rd Yeshua as sourced in (1 Peter 3:18-20) “The Messiah also suffered, He died once for the sins of all us guilty sinners, although He Himself was innocent of any sin at any time, that He might bring us safely home to G-d. But though His body died, His spirit lived on...And it was in the spirit that he visited the spirits in prison(hell) and preached to them—spirits of those whom, long before in the days of Noah, had refused to listen to G-d though He waited patiently for them while Noah was building the ark”.

Yes, G-d is merciful, many were delivered from their torment in hell by way of Our L-rd Yeshua prayer to the Father on their behalf. G-d say to follow in His example, praying for those in prison is one of the ways. (Yohanan/John 5:25) says of the L-rd “And I solemnly declare that the time is coming, in fact , it is here, when the dead shall hear my voice—the voice of the Son of G-d, those who listen shall live". (This is also spiritual and literal).

Speaking of The unforgiveable Sin and Prayer From:

(1Yohanan/John 5:16-17) “If you see your brother sinning in a way that does not end in death, you should ask G-d to forgive him and G-d will give him life, unless he has sinned that one fatal sin...But there is that one sin which ends in death and if he has done that, there is no use praying for him. Every wrong is a sin, of course. I'm not talking about these ordinary sins; I'm speaking of that one that ends in death”.

There is only one sin which can not be prayed for, it is the unforgivable sin, being that of blaspheming the Spirit of G-d, the Holy Spirit. (Mattathiah/Matthew12: 31-32) Our L-rd Yeshua says “Even blasphemy against me..or any other sin, can be forgiven—all except one: speaking against the Holy Spirit shall never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come.”

Be of good cheer, for although one may lose a loved one; there is still the faith we hold in our Father through His beloved son Our L-rd Yeshua that the prayer of salvation for those lost will render the request of your answered prayer made in faith.

Shalom

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)