jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Ask and Ye shall receive, comes thru

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

For years now I have been wondering why Christians refused to speak out about the actions and attitudes of some of their brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that Christians and atheists alike will take the time to read the message this hub contains.

I am aware that we are not supposed to promote our hubs in the forums. This is not my hub and it contains a message that people on both sides of the issue need to see. If I am punished for posting this in the forums it is worth it in my opinion.

It is a great day when you find someone you disagree with and still have a tremendous amount of respect for. Ken Starr is such a person in my book. peace everyone, give this a look and see if you dont agree with me.

http://hubpages.com/hub/CHRISTIANSTHIS- … IS-FOR-YOU

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I consider these people 'self professed christians' nothing more. This type of mentality is devoid of God, or any shred of humanity. It is when I see them, or read about their actions, that I have no problem understanding how some people have gravitated toward atheism.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
        pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you talking about the writer or the Christians he is writing about?

1. profile image0

Oh i'm mortified that you misunderstood me. Of course the ridiculous purple on the hub he sent us to see. It not only mystifies me that people follow them, but they continue to after each and every transgression. it's disgusting.

Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just, I also think you might have missed the point of the hub. I was celebrating that a devout christian was standing up and asking some of the same questions I've been asking.

In the short time I have know Ken, he has exhibited more characteristics of what I've always heard a true Christian should be than most I've met in years.  I look forward to learning a little more about myself with our conversations.

1. profile image0

I did get that, but you are right,i mused the point. I apologize, I get a little hot under the collar when I see those types. Ken sounds as if he is a good man and you are a good person for recognizing that and showcasing it in this forum.

No worries, jc, and thanks for stopping back.

2. pennyofheaven profile image79

Oh no, I  thought that might be what you are referring to. Just wanted to make certain thanks.

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is being said is interesting. I'm not so sure I agree with it all though.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Thanks, Stump! I read the hub, and I totally agree. In fact, I've been saying the same thing for years to my fellow Christians!

YW, habee, I have been calling for this and complaining about the lack of it for years. I am curious to see how anyone can argue with what Ken said and still call themselves a christian.

3. pennyofheaven profile image79
    pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago

Awww I really love what this guy has to say! What a wonderful world this would be if people could walk their talk. Lip service and the service he advocates are two very different things. Thanks for sharing this hub with us!

I agree penny, kind of hard to disagree with him. I'm looking forward to following along with the comments.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

Me too!

working