How do you stir up your spiritual gifts?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 13 years ago

God gives us gifts but how to you know which ones you have and how do you "stir" them up. I was told to step out in faith.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78
      DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you have to ask...You didn't get any...

2. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are correct in saying, "step out". It's a bit like a child taking it's first steps. Bit shaky at first, but it develops. Don't be put of by making mistakes, we all do. Your mistakes will teach you what does not work, and help you get stronger.
      I wrote a hub just recently on how my gift was used to bless another person.
      They don't want us to self promote, so I can't include the link here.
      It's called "words of knowledge", if you want to know more.
      Blessing. smile

3. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

umm, with a spoon of course (jeje -get it "stir" them up with a spoon big_smile ).

No, seriously:
      1. To stir up the gift, the person must be able to clearly identify what that gift is. It should not/ought not be a man-made talent, as that is not a gift, but just that: a talent/a knack-for.

2. Once identified, the person should go into silent listening with the Spirit, 3 days/3nights to clear the mind of "noise" and the body of resistance, so the works of that gift can be shown to you/in you.

3. Once revealed, the person should be consumed by the 'action of faith == 'anointing' (which will more than likely happen if the person allows themselves the first two.

4. Once the gift is put into action: watch over the seed, water it with good things, wait for the growth and the harvest it. When harvest comes, share that good fruit/its seeds with everyone --friend or adversary.

As the saying is fulfilled: "they will see your good works and glorify your Creator."

James.

Good post James...

1. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks DS.

Also, lovelypaper, Creator is not the author of "Hey, guess which gift this is!". If directly from Him/The Spirit, there is never any confusion or fuzziness. If it is from your own thoughts --or someone else preaching/prodding-- make no mistake, it is not a gift at all. This is true discernment:

All good things are plainly seen and visible to both the light and dark. The light rejoices, the darkness hides. Light cannot -and will not-- hide even a tiny beam of itself from you, just like the sun doesn't hide behind a cloud. It is the clouds that block the sun.

James.

4. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Start with prayer asking God what gifts He wants you to have and use.  Different gifts will come at different times depending on what is going on around you.

Desire to have those gifts and ask God to help you to desire them.

5. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Spiritual Gifts comes by Knowledge from the Spirit of God from within the individual.

Therefore unless a man walk in the knowledge of the Spirit of God within Himself.. he cannot even begin to discern to recognise any Spiritual gift.

Classification of "Spiritial gifts" is done so as to satisfy the ego of men, so as to assign each into a Status class.

Nevertheless, the fulfillment of ones Spiritual journey is accomplished through the things he put his hands to do on a daily basis and not necessarily in looking to do/live anything differently.

So we see that one man will fulfill his spiritual resposibility by knowledge Of the Spirit of God....Which is Life and Light unto himself.

While the other fulfill his spiritual responsibility in ignorance of the Spirit of God...This is called works of darkness/iniquity.

For the one doing the work begin continues and end in ignorance of the Spirit of God.

Knowledge of the Spirit of God is Life.

6. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By following Muhammad who is the role model of humanity in the present times. He has been choosen by the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

But the non-believers are in doubt, confusion and frustration; like they always have been.

2. profile image52
    SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 13 years ago

There is always a tug in someones heart toward a particular thing.Something that you have a passion for. Something you are truly concerned about in others lives.When you feel a love and compassion in an area, pray over it.God will lead you.

3. DoubleScorpion profile image78
    DoubleScorpionposted 13 years ago

How can she use them if she don't know which ones she has...Someone needs to help her with that first, I would think. Sheesh...really...

1. profile image52
      SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 13 years agoin reply to this

God will help her.

Well...Since she is newly born again...god isn't offering the help at this moment...seems like god might be moved to allow one of the lowly human types to act for his glory...I thought christians was suppose to help each other...telling her that "god" will help when she still doesn't understand how to "step out on faith" is not helping her...

Does anyone actually know how to assist her with her questions...or are we going to completely leave it up to god (who has explained it so well to her so far)

1. profile image52

Apparently , from your correspondence,you do not know the Lord and you have only interjected to criticise.I can not explain something to you something only God may give.

I wasn't criticising. I was only pointing out that the only answer anyone was giving, was the same as the question she already had...

1. lovelypaper profile image58
              lovelypaperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Double Scorpion, I am new to being introduced to gifts etc. but I would like to say that I have had an incling of some "supernatural" things happening that point to a couple types of gifts. You can be more understanding.

My apologies. <tips hat>

I think James had a good response to your question...

4. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

I agree with seeker. God will reveal your spiritual gifts through prayer. When it's revealed, put the gifts into action to stir them up. smile

1. profile image52

Thank you Woman of Courage. Your discernment shines through.God bless.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seeker, You are welcome. I give God all the glory.

5. profile image0
    zampanoposted 13 years ago

Some weed may help.
    Some prefer a sniff...
    hehehe

6. Jefacity profile image57
    Jefacityposted 13 years ago

service to the world. Making the world a better place through actions and deeds. Those who give are given even more

7. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 13 years ago

I'm not stressing at all about how God is going to use me. I know that if I just go out and love and minister to others, God will manifest those gifts as I step out in faith. I have such a passion to be used. The important thing is not to wait and wonder but to just reach out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)