jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

My Name is Judas

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Judas is my favorite smile

And it is not a great idea to start a thread just to promote your hubs.

Welcome.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Haha, Judas is my favorite too, so is Job.  smile

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

We all love Judas, don't we? wink

Where had he gone though? yikes

1. profile image0

He got eaten by lions.  sad  no wait...he hanged himself from a tree...no wait, he threw himself off a cliff and his gutts were splattered all over the place...no wait he hanged himself from a tree, after he did a great balancing act, the rope broke and he fell off the cliff and his gutts were spattered and the vultures came and ate them.

Naa, he died that's all.  He went to hell where all the dead people go, oh wait he was eaten...

who knows... smile

3. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 9 years ago

What's going on? wink

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

No - he got himself deleted smile

5. PeterJ profile image58
    PeterJposted 9 years ago

was judas even evil?

after all, without him god's (supposed) plan for his son wouldn't have been fulfilled.

seems to me he did a job which needed to be done and got damned for all eternity for it.

also, re Job: this book of the bible really casts god in a bad light IMO.

it's him that tells Satan to torture Job just to prove a point...nice.

1. profile image0

True but it was also Job who told the preist to piss off.  It was job who said, who the hell are you to tell me what to believe, and Job was also rewarded for being loyal to God regardless of the circumstances.

Also to note, the story was to imply (IMHO) that people come to God because of what they recieve.  Satan said, well if you take it away, they will turn from you in an instance.

So Job was this guy with an incredably good heart, one whom God himself saw as rightous because he very well understood that life wasn't to be taken for granted and that the things you get can easily be taken and he wanted to die.

So even though he was wishing for death and telling everyone to f- off in some part even God. 

Maybe it does cast God in a bad light, but it also makes a poweful point. Life is not to be taken for granted.

working