What if this happened today? All the news networks, all the world leaders, all the scientists, all the leaders of churches announced that it was proven that God DOES exist. Proven beyond any reasonable doubt whatsoever.
I would say, "Crap, guess I was wrong. I will adjust and thankfully, I will have to be forgiven."
You see, it's not so difficult to have and utilize and open mind, especially in terms of hypothetical scenarios.
This really is a good question.
The ramifications of such a thing would be astronomical.
Unless this evidence also established which, if any, of the belief systems of the many churches were closest to the truth.
God proving his existence, might cause more kayos through out the world than ever before? Cause everyone will continue to Interpret the message to suit themselves.
I wonder if the world wouldn't be just a little less interesting. A little less exciting.
Doesn't the uncertainty (wonder what comes next) drive us to explore? If we knew what was around the corner, would we bother to go there?
When you know the answer, do you ask the question?
I think we might lose more if god was proven (or disproven) than we gain by wondering aloud. . .
If God was indeed proven to exist and his "word" was not what is being taught by the major religions...would any of them change or would they claim it was a fabrication and the proof is flawed?
I'm starting to think that it really doesn't matter what science may prove as factual or not factual. Some people will still be satisfied with believing what they want as long as it serves their immediate needs. No matter what, people will never all agree on such delicate topics and will continue to argue as long as we exist.
It seems to me that people seem to have questions with a pre-determined answer and then search for something that will serve as "proof" to justify the answer, instead of just searching all areas for answers to a question to find the best actual "proof".
Just because an answer doesn't match what you believe doesn't make it wrong. If you take the whole of something, a reasonable "fact" can be obtained from the complete set of resulted answers.
Shroud of Turin is actually a classic example of exactly this.
This made me laugh? Was it meant to be funny?
If god were proven to exist, than I guess at a Kantian level, it would completely change the way we think of faith... After all it isn't faith without some degree uncertainty, so all those people who "have faith" would lose their faith as they would be turned into people who "have knowledge."
I also predict wars, because, we all know that god (all of them) sanction warmongering. But it would definitely be easier to back the winning horse.
Some people just 'have to' believe they have such answers and have them exactly right. A lot of people seem threatened by the idea that their beliefs work for themselves and themselves only and not necessarily for others. Of course, I think many of the folks you hear this attitude from are believing something out of fear and not from exploratory findings leading to reason, conclusion and so on.
I'm not sure how this scenario could come about. How could this be proved?
I would still be left feeling uncertain, I'm afraid. I might even look at the calender to check whether it were April Fools Day
I'm not clear on which god was proven to exist today.
If it is the biblical one, then I guess that is the end of any chance of peace or love.
We would be back to "worship my delicate little psychotic ego or I'll kill the lot of you......... again!"
Seems like not a great many people are interested in proving god does exist as opposed to finding out he doesn't . Chalk it up to people already feeling as though this is the reality I suppose.
But it is bizarre when religion and science do not mesh. they suit each other perfectly. Two sides of the coin. physicality and spirituality. think of god as a mathematician. Imagine that he created the event coined as the big bang and that he could calculate to the endmost degree what every iteration of atom that created every particle and wave would do and where it would go upon being propelled and released. now I am not a scientist so bear with me. If you could mathematically plot an event by calculating the endlessly intricate motions and eventualities of all the colliding forces.... would you not be able to predict the outcome of the meeting?
even if that may not be the case, what god or creator creates without an intricate knowledge of every facet and aspect of science and universal understanding. I like to think of god as the ultimate scientist and I love that people who pursue science unravel the secrets left behind by a would be god who understands all things. If a god ever wanted people to know him then unraveling his grand works is no less touching than a child learning his father's trade.
But I suppose I should add that, the return of a messianic figure is outlined in the bible and probably many other religions. greater minds than mine have already been on the job.
As always these ideas and concepts are not here to tread on someone else's toes. And all are welcome to pick at them as long as they can do so politely.
IF and Else ..Wishful thinking...
Assumption - If god exists
1) We must worship him or else we're doomed in hell
2) What preachers say is true
3) Religious abuse isn't abuse, it's for your own good.
4) God thinks there is only one planet in this universe where he created life and we must listen to his illiterate son
5) God can send mortal son for the preaching job, don't mistake him with JW folks
6) All religion except mine are false. So i have to either kill them or convert them.
7) Kill the non-believers and skeptics. They hurt my religions brand.
8) Political party that supports my religion must win in next election.
9) TV channel that supports my religion should be supported as it shows truth.
10) Education must include my religions verses as scientific or else we should kill the respective authorities.
11) We should have fundraiser and donations for religious preaching, not for actual social problem solving. We need more converts with that money. Not freeloaders.
12) Racism as per my religions views is fine but if you're not into my religion then you're racist.
13) If we don't kill other religions, son of god will not resurrect. So send more people to hell so that he can walk without waiting in heavens queue.
14) Science is crap. We should instead replace religious scriptures with science. HTML should be replaced with my religions ministry markup language.
15) It's okay to steal oil and natural resources from other countries in the name of god and religion. You can always show them as terrorist and get control of their territory.
16) Listen to priest. He's got more brain than any scientist. Priests saves souls. Scientists doesn't.
17) Vatican is always right. Just have faith in them. They can build better government in this world.
18) God exists. Shove this fact onto mouths of all kids or else they'll be skeptics in future. Skepticism is bad for capitalism.
by cooldad9 months ago
What if this happened today. All the news networks, all the world leaders, all the scientists, all the leaders of churches announced that it was proven that God does not exist. Proven beyond any reasonable...
by Link101033 years ago
I can understand the positives of putting your faith in such and such religion, which is why I do not think religion as a whole should be completely eradicated, however in this day and age I honestly wouldn't mind if it...
by Amie Warren7 years ago
...would it destroy your life? So many people these days seem so dependent on God for everything, so wrapped up in letting him solve all their problems for them. It absolves them of so much responsibility for their own...
by pisean2823116 years ago
Ok..being atheist , you dont believe in any intelligent supreme being ...my question is, you began atheist because of your observiation , experience and what role has religion played in making you atheist?
by The Reluctant Revivalist16 months ago
Do the Nephilim, mentioned in the Bible, still exist today, or were they wiped out during the Great Flood?
by renju mathew9 years ago
According to me religion can give nothing to yout soul.Religion will not take you any where except to satisfy some social obligations.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.