Am I Going to "Hell"?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (50 posts)
  1. kittythedreamer profile image75
    kittythedreamerposted 12 years ago

I believe in Jesus, God, and a Goddess. I don't condemn anyone for what they believe, as long as it harms no one else. I am open-minded to others opinions and believe that everyone is on their own spiritual paths, all different and yet all alike. I believe that when I die, I will be reincarnated and live another life and maybe another until I've learned all I need to learn from this earthly life. I believe in Heaven, but I refer to it as the Summerland. I am a combination of many beliefs in one...and I call myself a Pagan. Am I going to Hell in the eyes of a Christian?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you really want to know?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't listen to Brenda.  According to her, she will be the only one NOT going to hell.  Including God, if he has the audacity to argue with her.

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. profile image0
          Holmes221bposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have met God, and he has personally told me that he wouldn't dare to refuse Brenda into heaven, he knows what she will do to Him, if He did.  God may be illogical at times, but He isn't crazy.

Allow her?  I thought she called the shots in their relationship.  I would have asked him myself but every time I try talking to him he says "Shhhh, she'll hear"

1. profile image0

I meant refuse.  I have had a diazepam and a bottle of port for dinner, so I get my worms wrong.

You realize that you really shouldn't mix them right?

1. profile image0

Yes, I know, but my doctor said it was ok if there was at least  couple of hours between, and the bottle was only a mini one.

3. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This.

/thread over, Melissa wins.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image78
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If there is in fact a "hell", and if you would happen to go there, well...there would be alot of "Christians" right there with you.

3. Knight6 profile image63
      Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

from reading what you have written no way your heart is to pure and good based on what you have wrote of course you are like the rest of the human race trying to find light at the end of the tunnel and you seem to be doing ok combining many beliefs into one so NO you are not doomed......................

4. profile image0

It's in the eyes of God that matters.

You said you believe in Jesus and God.
      Did you know they're One?
      Do you know that Jesus died for you?

According to the Bible (which is the word of God, and which, if you believe in Jesus, you also must believe, since He was the Word of God in the flesh), anyone who doesn't ask the Lord to forgive them of their sins (if they're of the age of accountability), accept Christ as Lord and Savior, will go to hell, if they die in that lost condition.   God gives everyone the opportunity to accept Christ as Savior.   I believe that was reiterated to you in another thread?....  Hence, my question of whether you really want to know.  Or do you just want your ears tickled with untruths like most of the responses here?

1. taiciapar01 profile image61
        taiciapar01posted 12 years agoin reply to this

i believe you should read more.. not only the bible but other books that discuss spirituality...

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x4162085/burnt_toast_in_toaster_1829943.jpg

6. kittythedreamer profile image75
      kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To all those open-minded, kind and growing souls...thank you. This forum post was not actually because I wasn't aware of what's going to happen to me. I'm very confident in my beliefs and confident in my soul's nature and who God is to me. Those who condemned me to Hell because I have different beliefs than you, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it (although I don't seem to be entitled to mine by your advice); nonetheless, I wish you all love, light and blessings. Blessed Be.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I can't speak for any particular religion, but in my opinion no. smile

Thank you!

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Based on the metaphor Jesus' teachings provides....everyone is going to go to hell. lol lol

4. profile image0
    Holmes221bposted 12 years ago

You haven't described anything which would be a reason for going to hell.  One religion is good as another, it is a lie of some Christians, that only they have the truth, and everyone else is destined for the fires of hell.  Such thinking comes from the ego of the believer.  I have read comments on here by some Christians who tell people that they are going to heaven, whilst anyone who is not exactly like them is going to hell.  This in effect is saying 'I'm better than you!'  So, I wouldn't take such claims seriously.  Of course, there is no evidence that hell actually exists.  I can't believe that if there is a loving God, that he would enjoy people roasting in the flames for all eternity.  And who would want to believe in a God who did enjoy this?  There are still people in remote parts of the world who have never even heard of Jesus, so according to some, they too will be burning.  This doesn't seem fair to me.

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Having read through your beliefs I can answer the question. Are you going to hell? D*mn skippy! In a hand basket!

No. Wait. I'm not evangelical Christian. You sound like a beautiful soul. No hell for you. (don't consider yourself too special though. I don't believe in hell.) smile

6. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

According to the bible the Son of God has given explicit directions to miss out on Hell; believe in him. Nothing else matters, not being mean to others, not understanding their ways, nothing.

From your post it does not seem that you truly believe in Christ, the son of God.  Reincarnation is not a part of that particular belief (specifically denied in the rapture concept) and neither is a secondary goddess.  I would assume, therefore, that you are destined for Hell in the Christian beliefs.

1. profile image0

Blimey! 
      wilderness, do you know how close you were there to preachin' the Gospel?
      And do you still say God created you to fail?

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure - I'd make a GREAT preacher!  Lots of blarney with no substance. That's me in a nutshell!smile

But yes, I do not and cannot believe in such a tale and thereby fail and am doomed to hell.  Just as my sermon there says.

7. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

god save us if gods    a a hole. i hope it aint . but if it is . im  swinging at it . and no .   ill   create a diversion and you can slip in.
    ray

8. profile image49
    porchea1999posted 12 years ago

no, i believe that if you believe in the lord than you will go to heaven. Everyone  has  ideas about what happens and maybe you are right. every one is differnt and god cant judge you of that!

9. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

Okay guys.  Very funny.  Are y'all done yet?

lol lol lol

2. profile image0

I think everyone has gotten it out of their systems now, but you never know!

3. MelissaBarrett profile image58

Sorry Brenda, I can't help it.  Remember, I speak with the tongue of the serpent...

and everything you ever said is wrong...

Now, I'm done smile

1. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're just tickling our ears with untruths, Melissa. lol

LMAO...  well, I do so love tickling ears...  this snake's tongue is perfect for it.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You saucy minx you!

10. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

No, you are not going to hell, if you can truthfully answer "no" when asked, "Have you ever disagreed with a religionist's beliefs?"  but if "yes, you have disagreed with them", then you will be heading for hell in a handbasket.  Don't give it another thought!

1. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

tongue But "religionists" should really be restricted to (most) Muslims and Christians. I don't think other religions believe in hell. (Granted, in terms of the world adherents, we're talking about probably half...)

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

I believe in heaven and hell, but unlike many others I believe they're here on earth.

I would say you're one of the closest I've heard to the metaphors.

Heaven IS Earth. Hell is IN Earth(grave). wink

But we get to choose. With or without conscience? How do we decide to live before our demise?

You choose to live your life, don't you?
              Conscience isn't a choice. It's always there. Whether or not, you pay attention to it, is up to you.
              By understanding your life. wink

Yeah, we do don't we. That means our choices are not always popular, don't always fit with the norm, or indeed the scriptures. A real conscience you cannot ignore, it will plague you and you have to be true to it. smile It determines the path you take, in this life.

Correct, we make our choices.
                  Your conscience doesn't determine your path. It guides you to which path is honesty and dishonesty(right and wrong). And, yes you can ignore, but eventually it will damage oneself. smile

Well, at the end of my life I'd rather look back and think I was true, to myself and my beliefs, right or wrong, I've probably chosen the difficult path but it was my path.smile

11. zzron profile image58
    zzronposted 12 years ago

Heaven is the kingdom of God, Jesus Christ is the son of God, the Bible is the word of God. The Bible doesn't say that we will experience reincarnation. There are plenty of references to Heaven and Hell. I would reexamine the Bible about what is says about Heaven and Hell to get a better understanding.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5502523_f248.jpg

12. profile image50
    Nova12posted 12 years ago

I have read comments on here by some Christians who tell people that they are going to heaven, whilst anyone who is not exactly like them is going to hell.  This in effect is saying 'I'm better than you!'  So, I wouldn't take such claims seriously. Finally I think it's all depends on our deeds.

http://dropxno.blogspot.com

13. HouseSeller profile image60
    HouseSellerposted 12 years ago

Nobody knows whose going to hell and whose going to heaven. Anyone who tells you that you're going to hell, they're pretty much destined for hell so they dont want to go alone tongue

Great points, Nova12 and HouseSeller! Thanks for sharing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)