jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (86 posts)

Only an Intelligent Being can endow intelligence ;not evolution

1. profile image70
    paarsurreyposted 5 years ago

Only an Intelligent Being could endow intelligence to others; universe or nature or evolution are deaf and dumb; they cannot bestow intelligence on others of their own; it is the Creator God- the Most-Intelligent the Most-Wise who has bestowed intelligence to others as per His design of evolving life.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice declaration of fact.  Now can you back it up or is this just what you would like to be true as it reinforces your belief system?

1. profile image70
        paarsurreyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What anomaly one sees in the above statement of fact? If one doesn't see any anomaly; and it is reasonable; why should one doubt it?

1. wanzulfikri profile image62
          wanzulfikriposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I can see that you are saying that an Intelligent Being endows intelligence. Maybe, the theory of evolution is one of god's way to show how human receive Intelligence. For me, I believe that humans are humans and not apes based on what Darwin says. Intelligence is given by the Creator and maybe the theory of evolution can be perceived as a way that god can give us intelligence

1. amymarie_5 profile image87
            amymarie_5posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Humans are not apes.  If we were, there would be no apes.  We are cousins and evolved from a seperate species that is now extinct.
            Furthermore, I see nothing wrong with believing in a higher power and accepting evolution.  Of course, the bible contradicts this but then again, the bible aso contradicts itself.

"Humans are not apes. " should read "Humans are not evolved from apes.   We are cousins and evolved from a seperate species that is now extinct."
              I hate that i can't edit in the forums:(

Sure you can, at least until several hours have passed.

Click the "more" button under the post, then "edit".

Thanks Wilderness.  I didn't know that!

2. wanzulfikri profile image62
                wanzulfikriposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lol, I understand what you're saying amymarie_5. Thanks for the insight.

No problem.  A lot of people don't realize that, most of us assume that Dawrin's theory means we came from primates but that isn't so.

We did come from primates, although our ancestor is none of the other great apes (hominids) extant today. 

The primate order consists of many creatures that are not in the hominid family, such as lemurs and gibbons; they left our evolutionary tree long before the hominids began splitting off into their respective species such as gorilla, chimpanzee and orangutans.  None of these, of course, were our ancestor, but they are primates and all are descended from primates.

You are correct, however, that Darwin did not theorize about the origin of homo sapiens; that his work indirectly pointed out that humanity was not created according to Genesis was bad enough.  To actually say that we were evolved along with other animal was would have been absolutely intolerable.  The conclusion may be completely obvious, but keeping quiet about it allowed poor Charles to at least keep his life.

2. Paul Wingert profile image80
                    Paul Wingertposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Humans ARE primates. DNA (wirhin two points) proves that our closest cousin is the chimpanzee.

2. wilderness profile image94

There is no God; there is no creator; there is no most wise.

Now - I have made a statement of fact.  There is no more anomaly in it than there was in your statement.  Why would you ever doubt it? 

I repeat - can you back up your statement of fact, or is just your active imagination coupled with a complete lack of understanding of evolutionary processes that creates such statements?

1. profile image70

There is an anomaly there; nothing exists on its own without a Creator except the Creator God who by definition exist on His own; so I have reason to disagree with you.

1. Cagsil profile image61
              Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Contradiction. Good show.

2. wilderness profile image94

Yes, the exact same reason I have to disagree with you.  You find my fact to be false and thus an anomaly; I find your fact to be false and thus an anomaly. 

The difference seems to be that I recognize both "facts" as opinion and am interested in learning more about them while you do not.  Your opinion is fact (according to you) and you aren't interested in providing reasons or learning any different.

If you wish to present an argument built on falsehoods or imagined premises you must be willing and able to show that the very root of your argument, the premise you start with, is indeed true.  I repeat for the third time, can you back up your statement of fact or are you asking your readers to simply accept it?  If the latter, why would I accept your unsupported word any more than you accept mine?

3. amymarie_5 profile image87

"nothing exists on its own without a Creator except the Creator God who by definition exist on His own"
              I don't understand.  Everything has a beginning and an end.  Why would god be exempt?

4. couturepopcafe profile image59
              couturepopcafeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Creator God by definition exists on his own.  According to that logic, Webster created him by his own definition.

1. profile image70

I was not referring to any dictionary; I was pointing out what the human beings understand of the word God, whatever the language; Creator God is the First and the Last being; so it is an invalid question to ask as to who created Him.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image86
        Mikel G Robertsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This I agree with.
      You just haven't recognized God for exactly who and what He is...

Figures as much. lol

1. profile image0

Yes. 
          I was referring, of course, to the tangent that Islam goes off onto, as paarsurrey's belief does inevitably.

But his statement in the original post is correct.

Actually, intelligence is never endowed. It's developed. So it's incorrect. roll

1. profile image0

I disagree.  A child at birth is intelligent (actually, I think they're intelligent before birth, but that's probably too deep an issue to go into right now?), and their level of understanding can be "developed", but I maintain that they're intelligent even before they experience things and places and language, etc.    What I'm saying is, (and what I think paar is saying is) that intelligence is a basic trait of humans; and that trait is given to mankind by God.

I didn't expect you to agree.
                And that would come from a poor understanding of intelligence.

1. profile image0

Eh, no, it comes from an understanding of the definition of "intelligence".  If you have a dictionary handy, would you look it up?

lol

2. profile image70

A good answer

2. autumn18 profile image69
                autumn18posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think of intelligence being "developed" as through evolution. Humans have evolved to a point that they have the intelligence trait. We are capable of intelligence. So yes a baby is going to have intelligence. I'm not trying to say any other way of thinking is wrong. People are never going to agree.

3. wilderness profile image94

Yes and no.  If a chimp and human are raised together from birth, in the same environment, the chimp learns far faster than the human.  It learns to control it's body and muscles faster, it learns about it's environment faster.

Until the child begins to learn language.  At that point it's all over, and the child quickly outstrips the chimp in everything but body control; some of that is simple physical development and can't be rushed.

Is the chimp then more intelligent than the human until the language is learned?  If the chimp had the anatomical ability to communicate via complex speech would it remain more intelligent and be writing hubs at the age of 3?

Intelligence isn't limited to humanity, and it is quite possible that a few animals (cetaceans maybe?) are as intelligent as humans but the cultural and physical differences as well as environment are simply so great that we cannot understand or recognize their intelligence yet.  We're not smart enough to learn their language.

1. profile image70

Chimp will never learn any meaningful language and to read or write or store his knowledge in different ways like using a computer for that as would a human being.

Whatever intelligence a chimp gets is endowed by the Creator God of course as per evolution as set by the Creator God.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
                    psycheskinnerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

All you do is state assumptions, over and over from every angle, but never really engaging with anyone else.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
                    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What's funny about that statement is even if a chimp is removed from other chimps, he will be able to communicate with others of his species (i.e. have meaningful communication) in a very short time after being reintroduced.  Children who have been denied human contact for a long period of time go feral and often never learn how to speak, even after years of attempts to teach.

It is arrogant to say the least to assume that animals cant talk, they communicate with their own species all the time.  They just don't talk to you.  That's like saying that Serbians are unintelligent because YOU don't know what they are saying.

And Allah or Muhammad never used a computer either...

4. profile image70

I agree with you.

2. profile image70

Thanks for appreciating it.

2. profile image70

The Creator God has many attributes; some of these are mentioned in the following verses of Quran:

[112:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
        [112:2] Say, ‘He is Allah, the One;
        [112:3] ‘Allah, the Independent and Besought of all.
        [112:4] ‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
        [112:5] ‘And there is none like unto Him.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … php?ch=112

I know you don't believe in Quran; but the attributes mentioned in it are a must for the Creator God being reasonable; I am just pointing out that. Just focus on the reason part.

3. autumn18 profile image69
      autumn18posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't see the universe, nature, and evolution as deaf and dumb. I'm not sure how those things can be anything other than what they are. I don't agree that the only way we are intelligent is because an intelligent being.

1. profile image70

Did universe talk to anybody? Quote the Word from Universe, please.

Have you never heard a birdsong, then?  That you can't understand or interpret it, as you do the scriptures, is your fault, not the birds.

Have you never heard the brook rushing down the mountain?  It will tell you much about gravity.

The motion of the galaxies around us will tell you about creation, but only if you listen.  If you close your eyes to it and stick to your false beliefs you will never learn. 

You must open yourself to truth, use your evolution provided senses, to see and hear the Word from the Universe.  It will be given to you, but only if you are open to it and seek it.

4. psycheskinner profile image80

So who endowed intelligence on the intelligence higher being? Or did he just... evolve?

1. profile image0

He just always has been, is, and will be.

1. profile image70

That is correct.

2. profile image70

By definition the Creator God is being on His own; so the question is not valid. Sorry for that.

1. psycheskinner profile image80

I feel like a being on my own too, so I guess it makes sense that I evolved.

p.s. a question can only be invalid if you are unwilling to even consider the existence of multiple possible answers.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60

If you are going to argue philosophy using logic Please, Please, PLEASE at least do some research on how to do it right... read a book, google it, or better yet take a class.  I'm not saying your beliefs are wrong, but the way you are arguing them is so full of argumentative/logical fallacies that you are actually making me wince.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image86
            Mikel G Robertsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

Paar you're not making yourself understood. In your attempt you are refuting your own statements.

5. LewSethics profile image60
      LewSethicsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the possibility that conciousness, or maybe life, or maybe both,may be a building block of the universe, like matter, energy, and dimensions.

6. recommend1 profile image66
      recommend1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is absolutely correct - BUT only if intelligence is bestowed - when of course it developed through evolution.

If you are claiming that intelligence is an element of humanity that was 'bestowed' then who 'bestowed it' on your god ?   and you are back to the usual problem with your idea.

1. profile image70

The Creator God bestowed humans with intelligence through evolution.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I'm not saying you are wrong, but isn't our intelligence evolving? Each subsequent generation is more intelligent than the rest, according to the IQ test. You have to adjust for age before coming up with the final number. My son and I both took the same test and, although I missed a few he didn't; they spotted me five points because of my age. It made our end number the same.

1. profile image70

Over all it is evolving; as new tools are evolved

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So, you admit intelligence is evolved. Why the OP then?

1. profile image70

I mention and mean that the Creator God set evolution to go; this way he endowed intelligence to human beings and others; of itself evolution is deaf and dumb; it cannot produce intelligence.

2. amymarie_5 profile image87

that doesn't make sense. People create tools.  People who are evolving.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60

I have to agree.  Intelligence is the capacity for learning, while Knowledge (which is essentially what is tested on most I.Q. tests) is the acquired knowledge.

Our capacity to learn is being expanded by knowledge (i.e. we are finding more efficient ways to teach) which, in turn, is expanding our knowledge base.  Kinda neat.

3. wanzulfikri profile image62
    wanzulfikriposted 5 years ago

I think what we should really think of is what kind of intelligence are we looking at? Social? Emotional? Academic?

4. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 5 years ago

Paarsurrey, your declaration about a supernatural being endowed us with intelligence doesn't make any sense. There are simply no facts or evidence to support your statement. This is the same problem with followers of intelligent design belief. Again there is no evidence to support it.

I came across a few statements from an article I read a few months ago in a website talking about  whether or not God created the universe. Here are the following statements made by that author:

Once again people are saying that science is answering questions above its pay grade.  Why?  If theology asserts that the universe was created by god, why shouldn't science address this question?

I'm tired of cowardice guiding the conversation in our culture.  For any one sitting on the fence post, let me show you your two choices.

1.  There are thousands of supernatural explanations in which a god creates the reality you perceive, yet none offer any kind of verification of their claims.

2.  There is a self contained explanation for existence, which can be verified through evidence and mathematics.  No god is required.

You can believe whatever you want, but don't pretend the second choice doesn't exist.  If you have your doubts about it, you're in luck.  Unlike the first choice, we have at our disposal the ability to review the evidence and logic used to arrive to this conclusion.

1. MizBejabbers profile image90
      MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

THere are those who believe that only one being exists in the universe, and we are just part of the molecular structure of that being. Think about it, Humanity may be just a quark!

working