Which religion came first?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Johnjfernando profile image60
    Johnjfernandoposted 12 years ago

Christianity
    Hinduism
    Buddism
    Catholicism
    Islam

1. jacharless profile image75
      jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, agnosticism would be the first, followed by baalism, then Judaism.
      Historically, Judaism has the oldest calendar.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
        mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There were religions in Africa that have roots older than Judaism and Hinduism, those are just established religions. One must remember that humans lived mostly tribal communities, in our distant past.

1. jacharless profile image75

Hence, agnosticism.

In General, I agree, many niche 'religions' or cultural practices & practitioners existed long before, which was nothing less than primitive scientists experimenting and wooing the crowd with their potions, shiny rocks and voodoo-woodoo.

The 'evolution' of these scientific practices gave way to terms of sorcery, majik, demons, ba`alism, etc. expounding sensationalism to unprecedented levels. In the height of Moshe's quest, Egypt, much of North Africa and South East Asia were engulfed mysticism. Nearly half of the practices of this crossroads remained with the Hebrews throughout their desert exile. Oddly, half a planet away, these same things were said to be happening in South America.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

mischeviousme

Many scientist would agree with you about all people began in Africa and many religious type would just ignore it.

The African Y part DNA is in everyone on earth, until someone can prove they do not have the Y DNA. The KKK better shut up about the dark skin people , or they will putting a gun to their own (part black) heads.

2. lizzieBoo profile image60
      lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suppose you are aware that Catholicism IS Christianity?

1. mischeviousme profile image60

christianity is the pure form of this sect. Catholicism  in my eyes is a derivitive of christianity. I (this poster's g/f) am Irish catholic. As you know there are different sects of catholicism as well, Irish catholic, roman catholic, italian-roman catholic...etc.....so no christianity and catholicism are not the same. If you are one you could be the other but not always. --Jenn

1. lizzieBoo profile image60

Bless you for thinking that there are different forms of Catholic.
          Irish, Italian, English, African Catholics are all part of the same church, and are not different religions. They are all headed by the Vatican first and foremost.
          Catholicism, which means Universal, came about when Rome converted to Christianity which it then spread around the world. Catholicism was always Christianity. Modern, new-world Christianity came about some 1,700 years later.

2. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Grrrrr    smile

Don't be cross. All that's historical. You and I are on the same side really.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76

Is :Sons of God: a religion?

Sound more like a rock band,

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

No, rock and roll started when David threw the rock and rolled the Giant

The  Bible people claim everything

All Religions, Science, hemp, atheist, dinosaurs and etc by faith magic.
            Why not the first religion by the Sons of God?

2. jacharless profile image75

:: likes this ::

Who needs honesty and reason when we have you :Yahweh:.

God your the best

Nummmmmmmmm..........Nummmmmm......Nummmmmm

2. mischeviousme profile image60

sounds to me that it is a cult not a religion. i  would be wary of that. It's like going to the catholic school of Mother Mary with the Bleeding Dagger Through Her SKULL! lol j/k

4. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The first and only religion is Life and Life is perfect.

Now in order for Life to perpetuate itself, it goes through a process of constant perfection (perfecting the perfect).

So it goes back to its origin and make adjustments so its foundation becomes surer, more stable and the building much more cohesive as     unit of itself unto.itself.

So the first other religion other than Life would be one with a mixture of perfect imperfect ...and it to would be called by the all encompassing name as that of Life.

This where the term agnostic can aptly describe it by nature but to those within they are Life itself.

INow the nature of this false Life is divisive because of its own imperfection.

So we see different religion rising each seeking the all encompassing name but each demanding a different label so as to diffretiate themselves one from the next.

This label more often than not would not come from within the religion but from without and afterwards.

The divisiveness will continue until all boils right back to the agnostic state as it began. Then the fullness of Life is attain and all return to one religion...all united and is Life.....

Then another chapter begins.

Most people believe mankind started 180.000 years ago and Adam and Eve started 6014 years ago.

Sound like one world order, good luck at uniting that Bible logic together,

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The truth lies not in know what is written but in understanding why the story was written in the first place...

Then you would see the points usually argued is not even romotely close to the point being made in the first place...

So men struggle with the question of when because they have not seen the answer is always now.....

Yes, there is nothing better than experiencing the present time, right now

If you want to live a life base on ancient spiritually and time. The first Words on stone  were written over 5000 years ago, which then evolve onto paper, along with a boom of many other religions.

If a person has no clue that all races started out of Africa some 180,000 years ago, how will this person have a clue where is going into the future?.

2. lone77star profile image71
          lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Castle, we don't have proof that Homo sapiens originated in Africa. Evidence suggests this, but that's not proof. And 200,000 years ago is the current anthropological "minimum." The age of humanity could be far greater. Thirty years ago, anthropology said humanity was 50,000 years old. In thirty years of digging, humanity has gained 150,000 years! Of course, it was laying there all this time -- undiscovered. What else is undiscovered?

I have evidence that the Bible has a timeline compatible with those of science. The Ussher timeline (4004 BC) was too literal and the Bible is far more than a literal book.

The real meaning of the outrageous longevity of the early patriarchs and the incredible protection God affords a liar and a murderer (Cain) mean something else entirely. Genesis 5:2 shows us that Adam is both male and female (all of humanity). These are clues to a deeper wisdom. And it might be that Noah's Flood occurred  27,970 BC and Adam (the first humans) appeared on Earth as early as  10,434,130 BC.

2. Joelle Burnette profile image69
    Joelle Burnetteposted 12 years ago

The label doesn't matter. The earliest religion was any that successfully controlled people who are afraid of the world around them.

Hinduism
      They worship many animal too, sounds nice.

My personal choice is the vagina, with great respect.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
        pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hehe. Nice to see you again!

Hi Penny, good to see you too.

Still busy on the mini house with the 4 season greenhouse,

Thought  it  might be fun the odd time to pop up on the forum  for a  few laughs.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
            pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Made me laugh!

2. profile image0

Deleted

I said, I was spending too much time online, and might pop by from time to time

I have no problems with my hairy palms, it works much better than drugs,

Although I can't see well, is that a christian I am looking at, have they evolved any. You once said I was a 1/4 wit, you are over rating me, Einstein only used 10% of his brain.

1. profile image0

Sorry about that.
                I do hope you bring more to the table than just sexual innuendos and silly stuff.

So unless, I sum up my entire soul under just one book (the bible) rather than learn from millions choices of other kinds of good books.

Then you think still, I'm being really silly

Who would want to have sex with you?

2. mischeviousme profile image60

here here!!

3. lone77star profile image71
      lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Joelle Burnette, not all religions were created for control or for a defense against fear of the unknown. Those that did were borne out of continuity-bound reality.

True spirituality is superior to the realm of continuity. In fact, spirit, as the source of creation, is the foundation upon which science is built. Without a created universe, science would have nothing to study.

How would you know that clear, about the 99% unknown Universe, which I could call, spiritual

We don't even know about the 99% earth's mass, which is 6 km underneath our feet.

Is that hot stuff, called hell? Or was it Sheep herders who came across a volcano’s, that seem like a lake of fire. Or just threw criminals down a pit and set them on fire, like in the bible. (Matthew 3:12; Luke 3:17) ... the city garbage pit where nothing lives but fire and worms 

3. LookingForWalden profile image60
    LookingForWaldenposted 12 years ago

I'm pretty sure google is a better method to obtain factual information than hubpages forums.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really, do you believe everything you find on Google? lol

At least James has the advanced education to back up what he knows. wink

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol  lol

4. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 12 years ago

From the ones mentioned I would guess Hinduism, then Buddhism, then Christianilty only because I think Catholism didn't start until Constantine acepted Christianity abt 300, then Catholism, then Islam abt 600a.d., then Protestantism which most people call Christianity.

5. shalycriston profile image40
    shalycristonposted 12 years ago

Hub community also an religion big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. profile image57
      SanXuaryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do not think anyone actually knows that answer. Even according to the Bible some belief in God had to exist before such a book was written. The same may be true for any other belief before it ever was written down and any record kept. Its like trying to describe a dinosaur and not even having a bone to start with. Yet they were never even called dinosaurs until the early eighteen hundreds. Oddly enough the word dragon or its variations has been around forever and is used in cultures around the World but they do not exist, unless that was what they called dinosaurs then.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

shalycriston
      Hub community also an religion

Only if you dwell on it too much

6. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

As per options given

Hinduism
    Buddism
    Christianity
    Catholicism
    Islam

7. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

organized, you mean?

8. jamila66 profile image58
    jamila66posted 12 years ago

islam is the prophet way he teach poeple

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

the question is not on belief but on historical point of view....as per belief every religion is true religion for its believer and first religion...

9. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

Without Judaism we would not have had christianity because Judaism gave christians god, christians lay way for catholicism so thats that order but as for the others I would not know. x

10. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Of the ones listed (Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Catholicism, Islam), Hinduism was earliest by far.

Judaism may have the oldest calendar, traditionally, but Jewish mysticism (Kabbalah) claims to go all the way back to Adam -- the beginning of humanity. And according to my exegetical research, that's 10.5 million years ago -- all the way back to the Miocene Epoch. No proof of this, except a biblical interpretation, but anthropologists have lots of earth yet to dig up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)