What Is Wrong With The Human Heart and does Atheism have the answers?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (68 posts)
  1. Thinkaboutit77 profile image72
    Thinkaboutit77posted 15 years ago

What is wrong with the human heart (and not the physical organ) and does the religion of Atheism and other man-made solutions have the answers?

1. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think, based on posts by atheists, right here in these hub pages, they would say there is nothing wrong with the human heart, so there's no need to "fix" it!

1. Thinkaboutit77 profile image72
        Thinkaboutit77posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Any Atheists who can pick up the newspaper or get the news on radio or tv and sees all teh violence that is not just committed by poor underprivileged people and says there's nothing wrong with the human heart needs to have their head examined. They are living in denial and denial doesn't address the issue, it just perpuates the problem.

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just get to the point. what? What is wrong with the human heart?  Let me guess, not accepting Jesus...right?

Oh wiat excuse me, I mean being a Christian acting in the proper Christain behavior, and only studying the Bible and spreading the good word until we all become robots.  The very same robots you say is the very reason we have free will.

2. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am not Athiest I am Chrisitan however I am very open minded about all religions.smile
        God certainly would no want me to be judgemental and I have read the Qur'aan and have friends who are Muslim so with respect I am far from Athiest I certainly do believe in GOD:)

2. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure we've been here before, but Atheism is not a religion.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think dontthinkaboutit is of the opinion that of you say something often enough and loud enough, eventually people will start to think it is true. I see that a lot from certain quarters smile

1. Paraglider profile image88

OK, well in that case let's try it - ATHEISM IS NOT A RELIGION!!

2. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Just curious...Is there any chemical organ of that existing? wink

1. sukkran profile image60
      sukkranposted 15 years agoin reply to this

don't be curious. just ask that beautiful snekha.

sukkran

3. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Our hearts are an organ and they do not think, it is the mind process that can get us into trouble. Feelings and emotions come from the brain which stimulates everything else. I do not necessarily believe that Atheism and man-made solutions have all ofthe answers however we should all keep an open mind and learn from each other about this interesting process.

4. daeemomin profile image60
    daeemominposted 15 years ago

read my posts on Islam. you will find the solution for all your problems...

5. dingdong profile image58
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

I don't see anthing wrong with human heart by all means wink

Then why are you hiding yours behind a large 77?

1. dingdong profile image58
        dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Simple! HP won't allow me to show... big_smile

True, but if you left/right reversed the image the score wouldn't cover your 'heart' wink

1. dingdong profile image58
            dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You can see the big heart clearly in my profile page, I mean the 200 x 200 px wink

It's true.

Although I doubt that is "her" heart big_smile

ATHEISM IS NOT A RELIGION!!

Of course not! It's SCIENCE! lol

No, if it were, we wouldn't need both words. So, we have:

Atheism is Atheism
                  Science is Science
                  Religion is Religion

Now, that wasn't difficult, was it?

1. mohitmisra profile image61
                    mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol

2. quicksand profile image80
                    quicksandposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you will permit me to say so, atheism is a conclusion ... reversible of course ... ego stands in the way of manipulating the reverse gear. With all due respects to all, this is just my opinion.

Well, you may ask, if this is a conclusion, how come it is reversible? It blasts the concept of conclusion into smithereens. Well in my opinion, that's the way atheism is designed to work. smilesmilesmile

2. AEvans profile image71

oh my smile

I thought it was time to inject a lighter note, as this thread clearly wasn't going anywhere useful wink

1. AEvans profile image71

Make sense big_smile if they only knew about mine smile

6. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 15 years ago

The versatility of language is the only thing that supports atheism.

awesome line smile

1. Jewels profile image83
        Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And it seems that the versatility of language is the only thing that attempts to support a belief system propped up by a badly translated book hmm

Now, now, Mohit's book's not a translation. He wrote it himself. wink

lol  lol  wink

Thanks Mohit! smile

7. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 15 years ago

The right combination of words can either prove or disprove almost anything. The existence of language only blunts our logic.

OK, I challenge you to prove or disprove the existence of god. With words. smile

1. profile image0

I think the better challenge would be to define God.  smile

Why? There is no such thing.

1. profile image0

lol, maybe if we knew what it was, then maybe there would be a better chance at proving whether it exist or not.  lol smile

I know what it is and it does not exist. You can dress it up all you like; add some stuff about christ consciousness, turn it round and say, well what I really meant was this that and the other; call it some other word.

Everyone knows what god means. All-powerful. Greater than you. In charge. Responsible. You know - god smile

The SODDIT defence. big_smile

1. profile image0

And you are possitive that that is what God is or means?  Can't say that I know that that is true.  I heard too many different meanings.  What is SODDIT defence?

Some Other Dude Did It smile

1. profile image0

ROTFLMAO smile

Lol! First of all your mischievous smile makes me totally nervous!!!smile

Secondly, I would say that scientists have not found any evidence of the non-existence of GOD. Right throughout, scientists have been able to prove every theory that they have put forward, using mathematics and logical inference.

The track record of scientists itself is sufficient to establish their credibly and accept what they say as true. By the same token to accept what they don't say as untrue.

Quite apart from that, you believe in a GOD that you believe does not exist.

I believe in a GOD since I cannot find evidence of his non-existence! smile

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I see the science track record quite differently - science keeps disproving itself all the time. smile

In fact, it is designed this way. Try to dig for Paraglider's posts on that matter, he explained it several times much better than I possibly can smile

1. quicksand profile image80

Well, the various fields in science would stand on separate feet. I see what you mean. The fact remains that thanks to science and technology we are living a far more comfortable life than our predecessors did. How's that for credibility?

There may be instances in medical science where definite mathematical proof of any discovery cannot be established. This fact alone will create a requirement for continuous investigation.

Well ... I am deviating from the topic, am I not? smile

To save you the labour of digging  http://hubpages.com/hub/Freedom-from-Belief  is my hub on the nature of scientific and nonscientific knowledge. Thanks Misha!

Thanks for planting that link right here, Paraglider. I arrived "safely" at your hub and got back here mentally exhausted. But it was worth it. Lol! So the culprit is actually "energy!" after all!!!
                Not GOD! smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

smile

I believe in no such god.

The track record of scientists? What you mean the scientist who's work is allowing you to communicate with me over the internet?

I believe in no such god.

Why can you not grasp the simple principal that not believing in something you find laughable - is not a belief?

I am quite prepared to accept the complete lack of evidence or proof of god as good enough for me.

Any time you are ready to prove or dis-prove god I will be waiting.

Any time you are prepared to back up your original statement in some way, I am all ears. smile

1. profile image0
            Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years agoin reply to this

He believes in his "God" because he hasn't found any evidence not to yet there is evidence all around him.  The trick I have learned to dealing with such people is to realize that no proof will suffice to turn them away from "God", which ironically is the same accusation they make towards atheists when they bust out historical arguments or try to show believers the patterns of deception present in organized religion.

If I literally believed in Santa Claus and turned it into a Multiple Out they couldn't disprove me either.  Matter of fact I might just construct such an argument so that I can pull it out and humiliate these kinds of people when they start talking.

Cool it. I never brought religion into this. I was only discussing a belief.

Well, Mark, the only statement I made was that language is versatile, I believe I can sort of prove that.

As for proving the existence of GOD, if I succeed in doing what millions have tried hard to, and failed, I would be star of the century! I cannot. No one can. That does not mean he does not exist either.

Likewise, if you can prove that he does not exist, you too will rise to fame. You cannot. No one can! That does not mean he does exists either. smile

No, you made several statements:

This makes no sense other than to show that you believe atheism is wrong. You then went on and said:

Which also makes no sense, unless you substitute the word "logic," for "belief." But you did state this and have not attempted to prove anything. You then stated:

Which I assume to mean you believe in everything that has not been dis-proven. Since it is a logical impossibility to prove the non-existence of something that does not exist?

So it seems to me, the only thing that supports your belief is the versatility of language........

smile

3. mohitmisra profile image61

GOD

Who is god?
        He, she and it is god. God is, has, was, will.

Where is god?
        Everywhere is god, nowhere is god.

What sort of a thing is god?
        Everything is god.
        God is love, god is the light.

When does god come?
        When the madness stops, when death becomes.

How do I see god?
        With your eyes closed and with your eyes open.

What have I to do with god?
        You are his creation, you are a part of him.

When do I see, meet god?
        Whenever you really decide to,
        When you want nothing.

smile wink

MY GOD! You are right! smile

How can you say "you are right", without proof?
            If he is right, we are all right, and, we are all wrong.
            Who can say? ? ?

8. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

If the delightful thing about God were whatever ya make it, then no definitive concept of God would be helpful.

9. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

To some god means all and everything, the whole. The whole can be considered equal to the part, in that the part is equally necessary to the whole.

10. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Yet you ask this question in your poem:

And I was just trying to help, by explaining that it is your autonomic nervous system smile

The first step in Yoga is learning mastery of your body. Until you can do this, you are at the whim of your body and subsequently ego. It is the first step in controlling the rest and allowing the internal dialog to be quieted.

autonomic nervous system--note the word autonomic-.happens by itself.
      Yes I agree with you yoga does require control of the body and mind for allowing the internal dialogue.But more than controlling any part of your body it requires one pointed concentration.Absolute or perfect concentration smile

Am I really in control? I say NO.

So what is control­ling everything besides me?

The same force or entity or power controls.

I have never been in control.

At the same time I must have been in control. wink

Cryptic, yet at the same time meaningless and lacking in inner significance wink

Autonomic means "Involuntarily," or "spontaneously." Not "happens by itself."

And it is possible to override this. Which means you have power over this "force or entity." wink

Autonomic =Involuntarily =happens by itself=same thing=different words.

Total significance smile

You are the force or enity. smile or god or cosmos or holy spirt or great spirit smile

Me and my father are One- Jesus Christ smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)