Obama's endorsement on same sex liasons

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (79 posts)
  1. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

It is bad enough when the President of the United States, seen as the leader of the free world personally adopts and advocates the "New Age" religion and its agenda to destroy "Christianity".

It is bad enough when Obama, internationally, personally endorses "Gay Unions" Gay marriages.

Both are pretty much something this writer expected from such a flip flop of a President, But, When Obama blasphemes God and God's Holy Word, and dares to try to apply Holy Bible Scripture and take it out of context to serve his own twisted personal agenda, I must state: Woe to you Obama, and may God have mercy on you.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So - you are scared Christianity will be destroyed huh?

No big loss, far as I can tell. lol

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why can't Obama endorse bible?
        "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves." (Numbers 31:17-18)
        Can anything else be better?

Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who said Obama can't endorse bible? I said Obama cannot choose to quote from bible and then twist the quote to serve his agenda. Sorry if you don't understand.

1. profile image0

Yes yes why can't Obama just endorse the whole bible and make lawful slavery and the above quote?
            The better alternative would be to throw that whole trash in a dust bin, but in a nation where people like you form a major chunk of decisive voters, it is better to show some grass in front of the ass to make it move.

Say what you will but a male donkey will follow and or chase a female donkey, but will ignore another male donkey.

1. jdflom profile image68
                jdflomposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That isn't entirely true. There are many cases of homosexuality in the animal kingdom. Sorry, that's how nature works sometimes. sad

2. profile image0

I'm not interested in your personal matters.
                If it is homosexuality in animals that you mean then your ignorance is telling.

3. kerryg profile image84
                kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Homosexual behavior is pretty common in donkeys, actually.

Incidentally, it's also quite common in elephants. Adult males like the younger ones...

2. profile image0
            Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dave, why is Obama the only person who should stop twisting scripture for his own gain?  Many Christian leaders in history have done just that, and yet you don't find it necessary to condemn them?  Be prepared to defend your statements and your reasoning - it's the height of hypocrisy to hold one man to a standard when everyone else skates under your radar while doing the very same thing.

1. profile image0

Especially Since there was a lot of editing re-editing, mistranslations and misquotes that nobody know what was written in the original books.

2. Dave Mathews profile image61

Mark Knowles: Even if you are trying to read something between the lines of what I wrote here, There is nothing I wrote that says I am scared that Christianity will be destroyed. In fact it will flourish, it simply means that Obama has declared himself as yet another enemy to be aware of.

If you're not worried Christianity will be destroyed why are you bothering to post?

Anyone  can see that Christianity is on the way out the door, and it is only dinosaurs like you hanging on to it. When the current generation of back Woods bible thumpers goes to meet their maker I am pretty sure we can start to see the end of this particular religion.

The only place Christianity seems to be flourishing is in Third World countries, where there is no educational system in place.

Mark, I hope that the day will come and soon, where you and I are standing face to face, as you finally learn for yourself that God is real and Christianity is the only path to your salvation. I will relish that moment in time, if you admit you were wrong.

It is this sort of nonsensical drivel and childish threats that will be the death of your religion. So–keep it up. wink

Don't you see how unchristian like this is? Praying for the end of the world to come so that you can prove yourself right? How silly.

2. MilesArmbruster profile image61
              MilesArmbrusterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dave, please don't relish the demise and punishment of anyone. I know that it is hard to put up with people who are nasty and insulting, and especially difficult when they insult God. Remember that every knee will bow before Jesus eventually, and at that time, you are right, there will be a sense of victory, but it is victory mixed with sorrow and pity. Jesus will receive the glory then, until then, we need to love and be patient with everyone, even those who are deliberately adversarial.

1. vector7 profile image60
                vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that.

2. MilesArmbruster profile image61

Mark, this is not nonsensical drivel nor a childish threat. The fact is that throughout much of the western world, and in the United States in particular, faith in religions, including Christianity, have been on a steady rise. Ironically, this has been largely credited to the disillusionment of the twentieth century. This is not pitting science against religion, but science failed mankind in the twentieth century, especially in the United States. Because of our general optimism that characterizes people of the USA, we figured that our social programs would unite people, medicine would cure all diseases, science would give everyone such an abundance that there would be no problems and everyone would be rich, happy, and equal. What the twentieth century proved to us was that our collective faith in science, technology, and the promises of our leaders was misplaced. This disillusionment has actually led to an increased interest in spirituality in numerous different faiths, including Christianity. The change with respect to Christianity, if you want to identify it, is that churches are weakened because they are fighting the wrong battle.
            Now - if you want nonsensical drivel, your claim that Christianity is growing in the third world because of some weakness in the educational system is absurd. There is absolutely no reason to believe that quality of education is connected to anyone's choice of any religion. You may want to believe it, but really all you are saying is that people who believe are stupid, and I certainly hope you aren't thinking that is a logical or sustainable argument.

Nonsense. More and more educated people are turning away from your hate mongering religion.

Christianity (or any palliative religion) has always thrived best in uneducated populations. The third world is where it is at for you guys.

2. livelonger profile image87
              livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're wrong, and you might want to know that Christianists' attitudes on LGBT people and rights are poisoning the words "Christian" and "evangelical." You might want to read this:
              http://rachelheldevans.com/win-culture- … h-carolina
              You might find some of the statistics and sentiments she conveys sobering.

1. Cagsil profile image71
                Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cool read. Thank you. smile

1. livelonger profile image87

I thought so, too. My pleasure!

2. jdflom profile image68

Yeah, I just finished reading that article too. Fascinating. smile

2. livelonger profile image87

1. You live in Canada. Is your home country "the enemy" too? (I hope you're aware that gay marriage is legal in all of Canada)

2. You might want to recognize that similar right-wing Christians are very much against interracial marriage, claiming the Bible forbids that, too. For some reason, I doubt you're swayed by their reasoning. Why should anyone else be swayed by yours?

You call him the leader of the free world, which would suggest you believe we live in a free world; yet, you are upset when he supports giving people equal liberties? I just want to make sure I am reading that correctly...

The USA has always described their president in that way, not me. Since marriage is a religious priviledge and since usually it is thought and believed that religion and politics don't belong or go together He should stay out of this for it is a religious matter and not a political one.

Marriage is NOT a religious privilege in today's day and age. So please..

Marriage is a priviledge, and it is meant to be between a man and a woman only.

That's your opinion, which is fine for your life -- live your life that way, I support that; but that when the official marriage is a legal matter like it is in this country and we have both religious freedom and separation of church in state as part of the tenets for that, it shouldn't be a religious privilege at all as defined by our constitution.

2. Cagsil profile image71

BS! That is the thinking that oppresses people's individual rights. YOU and your belief have no part in what other people are allowed to do.

Get with the program and STOP being part of the problem. Learn your religion and know your place.

3. profile image0

If marriage is between two individuals what you or your religion got to do with it? Mind your business, don't poke your nose into other people's personal matters.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58
            MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If marriage is a religious privilege then why is my religion being denied the right to legally marry it's followers in 41 or so states?

How is marriage a religious privilege? People have been getting married since before it was adopted into religion and have continually been married outside of religion for a long time...

Not to mention there are around 1400 benefits that married couples can have that non-married couples cannot have -- all of which affect people in a non-religious manner...

Since you say marriage is a religious privilege, does that mean atheists, agnostics and those that are not religious should also not be allowed to get married in a free world?

1. profile image0

Oh no! He is just telling that donkeys(and other animals) should be married in church for it to be legal!
            All other animals(including man) that are born out of "religious marriage" are illegitimate!

2. Dave Mathews profile image61

It is religious because the very first marriage was performed by God himself.

Marriage is also performed in "Civil" cerimonies but even then God is present.

That's blatantly incorrect, but you seem to like to assert your opinion as fact.

3. MilesArmbruster profile image61

Ummmm... since Obama is not a Christian, you would expect him to misuse the Bible. He is also a moral relativist and a politician, so his support of same sex marriage is also to be expected. The battle over what "marriage" is can't be won. There are two starting points. Starting point number one: "Marriage is what I want it to be. I want marriage to reflect what I want to do. Conclusion: I can define marriage any way I want. Starting point number two: God defined marriage. Conclusion: Here is how God defined it ______. Ultimately, as long as there are multiple authorities for defining marriage, there will be no agreement.

Obama has admitted he is a Christian. In addition to that, many Christians "misuse" the bible because they all have their own interpretations and agendas.

I agree that people will probably never agree on where marriage came from, but since there are legalities attached to "marriage" in this country, it's not a strictly religious institution here despite how hard you want it to be. The fact that there are people in political power who push their bigoted and unequal religious ideologies into law is unfortunate.

1. MilesArmbruster profile image61

For the most part it is easy to see a person's convictions, religious or otherwise, by what they do. Obama's admission that he is a Christian is hard to sustain if we observe the decisions he has made in office. I suppose that this makes sense in the political arena. Almost every decision the President faces is difficult, and each President has to weigh whether he is going to follow their faith principles or what is politically expedient.  If you want to see how hard it is to be a Christian as president, read the memoirs of Jimmy Carter. He used his Christian principles consistently, and the press and public were constantly against him. If Obama is a Christian, he is working very hard to keep it a secret because I can't point to a single thing that he has done that reflects Christian values. Of course, we don't see everything that the President does, so we have to evaluate on the basis of what he has made public.

What about the basis for his socialized healthcare? Political reasons and personal opinions of how good or bad it is aside, Obama wants to make sure everyone has healthcare somehow... Is that non-Christian-like?

One could argue that Obama being in favor of same-sex marriage means he has compassion for his fellow man... That is non-Christian-like?

Not to mention, many Christians are split on the gay issue. Obviously more conservative ones like Dave Matthews are against the equal rights of gays, but I have several religious friends that are in favor of gay marriage being legalized.

Does that make them any less Christian since they took the idea of loving everyone more seriously than conservatives who want civil liberties denied to gays?

(edited for clarification)

Please don't make the mistake of assuming Equality = Equal Rights.

Equality and Equal rights are not the same thing.

Equality is defined by America's economic social structure, which means that under "equality" every person has the ability to obtain the same wealth as any other person. Equality doesn't presently exist in America because of the playing field for economic growth isn't level. Not only do the big boys play dirty and rough, but with politicians already in their pocket, it's almost down right absurd.

Any new business has to deal with wealth and power of their competitors, which again is backed by politicians swayed by lobbyists. I mean, a business(BIG) could constantly lose money on a product or service, just to put a competitor out of business, so as to reap the profits later and dominate the marketplace. If it's a new business, then they are really in for a tough time more so because their start up capital would be used up quickly if the business isn't able to compensate.

Equal Rights are exactly what it says it is. Equal rights for all genders and races.

You are correct. I wrote in slight haste and what I intended to convey was equal rights.

4. mikelong profile image60
      mikelongposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Drivvel.

1. vector7 profile image60
        vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

Well done. You've changed the world and promoted love.

smile

1. mikelong profile image60
          mikelongposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah.....I succeeded in seconds where Christianity has failed for centuries...

You can keep your god to yourself, and let others think and do as they wish...

Imperialism of the soul is one of the foulest behaviors...and love is never the motive for action..

5. LauraGT profile image85
      LauraGTposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's interesting that you use the word "liaisons" instead of marriage. It suggests that gay relationships are flighty and fleeting and not meant to last.  Gay or straight, some people engage in "liaisons" and others in more serious relationships.  Many gay couples want what straight couples want - loving, lasting partnerships for life. I know that might be hard for some people to hear, but the truth is often difficult for people to accept, especially when it is different from what they have always assumed.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

roll

What's the matter Cagsil? Nothing to say about a president who would take biblical scripture out of context and twist it around simply to justify his own agenda? Are you afraid to speak your mind in opposition of your president?

I usually address stupidity in motion, however, in the best interest of individual rights, what you believe or live by isn't to be society's standard. The supposed moral standard you appear to live by is dictated to you by that which you read from your historical/mythological book.

What you fail to realize is that your beliefs have no place in someone else's life.
        I have no fear of speaking out against anyone and for you to even attempt to insinuate it, shows that you've never learned anything from our exchanges in the past.

Good know that you're limiting yourself and lack true awareness.

Cagsil: very well put.

3. Christinme profile image55
    Christinmeposted 12 years ago

Ephesians 4;14. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.

God grieves that his word is being twisted by man for his own gain .

Deuteronomy 12:32 “Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.”

Proverbs 30:5-6 “Every word of God is pure; he is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.”

It is not our job to judge . God will judge in spirit and TRUTH.

It is not our job to judge. This is so true but it is our duty to point to the mistake made that needs to be corrected.

1. Christinme profile image55
        Christinmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that xxx Pray, watch and wait  Dave.  God WILL overcome.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Marriage existed before Christ and has equal meaning for non-Christians.  If they want a separate kind of religious marriage regulated entirely by the church go for it.  But you can't stop non-Christians from using and modifying the secular form of marriage as they see fit according to law and democratic decision.

5. r-o-y profile image53
    r-o-yposted 12 years ago

We may never know what Jesus looked like as long as are in this physical world. We do know what he didn’t look like.  Just about every portrayer of Jesus I have seen was of Him as a pretty boy, with flowing blood hair, even many with blue eyes, these features the western world considers attractive. But, whatever he looked like he was not an attractive man by this world’s standards. Lucifer was an attractive being, which cased his fall. Jesus was an unattractive man and was exulted; Jesus was not an attractive man:
    The Prophet foresaw Jesus as a man of “no form or majesty that we should look at Him, and no beauty that we should desire Him.” [Isaiah 53:2]
    Maybe we should concentrate more on what He didn’t look like and maybe we can get a clearer understanding of what He may truly look like. The pretty boy image represents Satan more than Jesus. Ever thought that maybe those pretty boy images maybe of Satan instead of the humble Christ.  “Make no graven images of anything in heaven and bow down before them.  These pretty boy images just could be of Lucifer! You don’t know that Jesus looked like don’t try to draw Him!

6. r-o-y profile image53
    r-o-yposted 12 years ago

that last post a mistake i meant post it elsewhere!

Hey Roy,

You can delete posts made up to approximately 3 hours. Look for a delete option.

7. r-o-y profile image53
    r-o-yposted 12 years ago

The America government is not a religious institute, it has an obligation to all of its citizens whatever sexual preference is. If two people of the same sex want to form a union, even though I am totally against it, the government is under obligation to protect the rights of these individuals. This is what freedom is all about. Freedom means that I am free to do what I think is right as long as it don’t infringe on the rights of others. So if those two men want to form a union who are you or me to tell them they can’t? We can tell them what thus saith the Lord, but can’t compel them to obey the teachings of the Lord. As far as marriage goes, in my opinion a marriage must be between opposite sex. Marriage between man and man against everything natural! So I’m against same sex marriages, but I do believe that if two women want to form a union outside of marriage their rights as US citizens must be protected. That’s why church is not to get caught up in the political affairs of this world. For those who see this as a political talking point, just keep in mind that the very ones that is so appalled [Republican Party]by the president’s statement are the very ones guilty of the very same sins!
    The so-called righteous of the Republican Party tried their hardest to elect a president that is a pawn of the pope. Now these self-righteous Christians stand hand in hand with the pope instead of condemning him and his whole organization. They don’t care that this organization is one that have a culture of homosexual lifestyle, and not between consenting adult but one of buinking little boys in the butt. This is worse than two men of age agreeing to a sexual relationship. When these evil men that belong to the pope run for office where are all the good Christians who are supposed to be exposing the evils of these men, they are right there fighting to put them into office to be their rulers! The Christians that belong to this party is just as guilty of sin as the pagan president that made that statement! They are guilty of the sin of omission. To know to do right and don’t do it make you even worse than the one who is blinded by Satan.

8. Christinme profile image55
    Christinmeposted 12 years ago

Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

1 Corinthians 6:9

I am proud to be a Christian and this is what my bible say which I know is the same as your bible because it is Gods word.#

The hate that some Christians show towards homosexuals really saddens me. Why are they just made a scapegoat . This verse is often used against them but read it carefully. It is not just talking about homosexuals , it is talking about most of the worldly man. It includes adulterers, prostitutes  and idolaters. Do you have as much hate for the couple next door who are not married, about children born out of marriage?

This in no way means that I agree with same sex marriages, I beleive that this is not how God wants us to live. But also I do not agree with couples having sex without marriage and people who cheat on their partners. Man is just scapegoating the gay community to take the heat off themselves. How can A "Christian " that is also having sex outside a marriage judge the gays. They are as bad and included in this as well. What did Jesus say about those having no sin casting the first stone. I treat all homosexuals with love and respect as they are still my fellow man, just misled. Love covers a multitude of sin and we can open the eyes of these people in love and bring them to our father in heaven . Love your neighbour as yourself even you enemies as even Satan loves his friends .

God bless you all.

1. profile image0

Sexual orientation is not a choice, to be misled(I am not a gay and I can never have any feelings towards another man. So if you are like me, try to feel sexual feelings towards your same sex, you 'll find it impossible).
      Except for that quote, Thanks for the reply.

I believe in a darker force ( satan)that is misleading them . The same satan that is telling a lie that sex without marriage is fine. Satan is a liar and will keep you in sin by pointing the fingers at others. This is human nature born of satan not God. I believe that it is not your sexual orientation that keeps you from the kingdom but it is the act. A man with same sex orientation can go to heaven as long as he accepts Jesus , repents and sins no more. Jesus forgave the woman at the well for sexual immorality and said "go and sin no more".   This is no way means they are lesser men. Thats the point I am making , That "religious" Christians are taking the bible out of context . The bible states that all men are sinners not just homosexuals. All sexual immorality is the same sin .

1. profile image0

So is it Satan or God that impregnated the espoused of Joseph(adultery)?
          Whom did Abraham marry? Or is that incest approved by god?

I dont wish to argue about it . I stand on what I believe. God is forgiving and if you are having feelings stirred in you, pray about it. xxxx The impregnation of mary was not sexual . God only says the word and it is done.
            I ask that if you are Christian to sit and ask your father about it. I am a sinner i am not perfect I have sinned but God has forgiven me and whatever the Holy spirit convicts me of I try not to do again.  This is the trouble with man. they spend so much time debating their "religion" that they forget about yielding to God and letting Him reveal himself.

1. profile image0

If god only said the word what was this holy spirit doing?(Mathew 1.20 She is pregnant by the Holy Spirit. )
              Sorry. I'm no sinner and I don't condone incest, racism, genocide or slavery.
              But I don't mind your Christian god confessing the crimes he has purported on humanity.

1. Paulshub profile image59
                Paulshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Christinme - Homosexuality makes up 10% of the human population and exists in over 400 animal species. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that homosexuality is not a choice but a natural part of nature. Throwing ancient Biblical scripture at biology and science is pretty lame. Oh, by the way, the Bible also says if you see your neighbor mowing his grass on the Sabbath, he’s suppose to be put to death! There’s a lot of people working on Sunday (Saturday if you’re Jewish) so you better get busy slaughtering, or at least protesting those Sabbath Sinners!

Thats the point I am making that we all sin , none of us can keep the law. By  grace you are saved not works. It is not of us to judge ,thats the point, God will judge. I do not believe it is the sexual oreintation of a person that keeps him from God. It is the act. Any act (sin) can be forgiven by God. It is not up to us Christians to hate but to love all even people who we perceive as enemies. If you feel I am judging anyone myself you have maybe taken what i am saying the wrong way.

2. profile image0

And you are worse than other Christians,0hey only condemn homosexuals you condemn the whole humanity.

God condemns the whole of humanity without belief in His Son. That is the truth . We are told to die to self so that it is not us who lives but Christ who lives thro us. God does forgive and the belief that Jesus died for you DOES save you and give you eternal life. We are all sinners in our man souls , it is only the blood of Jesus that washes us clean . By grace you have been saved not works.
            I will pray for you that your eyes are spiritually opened for God ( Father, Son and Holy spirit , 3 in 1) will show you the truth. Without God helping them man cannot understand the revelations in the bible . I am not holy and righteous, it is Christ in me that is holy.

1. profile image0

Drivel.
              If your god and Christ are such pathetic creatures who need death and blood to forgive, I say hell with them.
              I'm not a cannibal to wash myself with somebody else's blood.
              Eternal life? It'll take the fun out of living.

I thank God that He is so good at showing peoples hearts to me and I am blessed to be persecuted in His name , I love you Jomine and feel sad that you are blinded . I feel blessed that the Christ in me has stirred you up so much . May you be seen for your actions and one day see the truth.

1. profile image0

Persecuted?? Answering questions and explaining yourself logically and rationally is persecution to you? You make me laugh.
                  You love me? That is Nonsense. I bet you have not missed a single meal when the Japan quake occurred.

9. profile image0
    cottageindustryposted 12 years ago

Personally it does not bother me. The government should not be in the marriage business to begin with. Why do I need a certificate to be with someone. People should be allowed to live with whom they want and you can call it marriage, co-habitation, live-in etc.

I do know his stance would depress the black vote by at least 15% and he better hope the gay community makes up the difference.

The religious evangelicals are presently confused as to who to vote for:

Obama - supports new age movement - gay marriage

Romney - Mormonism and many Christians have issues with their beginning and beliefs

1. profile image0

Though I agree with you to an extent I have some reservations.
      Marriage is a LEGAL contract between two people, it is not just living together (As in any arrangement with two people, the contract can break down). To legalize we need a government.

Interesting statement.

10. r-o-y profile image53
    r-o-yposted 12 years ago

Dave, judgment starts at the house of God; you must clean your own house before you try to clean up others. You stated that the president blasphemes the word of God and dare to try to apply Holy Bible Scripture and take it out of context to serve his own twisted personal agenda, I must state: Woe to you Obama, may God have mercy on you. I must say that you are guilty of the same twisted misuse of the word of God that you condemn the president for, so if its woe to the president than by that same judgment that you judged Mr. Obama you condemn yourself to the same woe. I’ve watched over the past two years as you have taken scripture out of context and twisted it to fit your gnostic agenda; Jesus said that it was better for that man who betrayed the Son of Man it would better for him had he never been born. Would Jesus say that about anyone who is heaven bound?  But, Dave says that this man is in heaven, contradicting the word of the Lord. If its woe to Mr. Obama  for twisting scripture, then it’s a double woe for Dave for committing the same sins, because you claim to be the light of God.
    You claim to be so disgusted with homosexuality, yet the political organization you defend is drenched in the worst kind of homosexual sin, homosexual against children! That political party [Republican Party] is the Pope’s Party, if you don’t believe it just take a look at who they party looks to for answers to religious matters. When a question comes up on religious they never look to a Baptist minister or any other Christian denomination, it’s always a Catholic priest! These Catholic priests have committed far more   devastating crimes against mankind, especially against little boys. Where is your outrage over something so file? If you are going to stand in for God your judgment can’t be one sided, you must confront the evils of both political parties.  As an example of how deceived the Christian of the Republican Party are let’s take look at what happened in the last election.
    There were two Christian ministers that were front and center; both claim to speak for the Lord. Now we must remember, the Lord said it’s not what you it’s what you do. These ministers are the Rev. Wright, the president’s pastor, the other was John Hagee. One knew his place and took his stand for the Lord there; the other left his appointed place and entered the field of politics. The one that stayed in his appointed place was the Rev. Wright; I have never seen such courage in a man of God in my lifetime. Here is a man that took a stand that could have incurred the hatred of the entire African American community, and even threaten his life. If anything could have destroyed the chances of the first black president being elected it was that stand by the Rev. Wright. Rev. Wright said that if America doesn’t change her ways, it want be God bless America, but God will damn America! Now I can’t find anything wrong with that statement, its one I’ve heard all my life coming from the pulpits of most Christian churches. Rev. Wright never back off from that message even though it could have cause Mr. Obama the election. When they put him before the world to see if he would recant his statement they were surprised, this man of God declared before the world that if Mr. Obama were elected he would be coming after him too, because he would be part of the corrupt system. Rev. Wright did not single out one party he called out the evils of both parties that is what the man of God does!
    Now let’s take a look at the other minister, Rev. Hagee was one of the most recognized teachers of end-time prophecies and the beast of Revelation. In all of his sermons on the beast of Revelation he identified the current pope as the beast. Throughout his ministry he condemned the current Catholic Church as The Whore of Mystery Babylon and had a powerful ministry and was a watchman for the Lord. Unlike Rev. Wright who stayed at his appointed post, Rev. Hagee left the pulpit and entered the political arena and chose to take his stand with the pope who he claimed was the beast of Revelation. Hegee indorsed John McCann for president, when he made this mistake he incurred the wrath of the Catholic Church because he who condemned the Catholic Church as the Whore of Babylon now want to join forces with them, he’s now in a place where he shouldn’t be. With all of his wisdom and knowledge he did not realize that the Republican Party is the party of very ones he condemned as the beast of Revelation. Now when the Catholics called him out on his stand against their church this minister took back everything he ever said about that church being the Whore of Revelation. In fact he took it back so fact the head priest of that regain, Mr. Donahue said he had never seen a conversion happen so quickly. Rev. Hagee put up no kind of fight for the Lord, but gave in to the power of the pope quickly! Now Rev. Hagee joined the pope’s ecumenical movement, he’s now working to bring the Catholics and evangelical together as one united under the pope. His end-time message has been silenced or severely altered all because he left his appointed place to take sides in the political affairs of Satan! One man stood for God at the risk of his very life, while the other gave in to the beast of Revelation without any kind fight. Now the good Christians of the Republican Party exulted the weakling and condemned the warrior of God and Christ! This is you Dave and your political party! Woe unto the hypercritic and Pharisees of all ages!

That's the sole problem which most religious don't pay any attention to- clean your own house, but mind your business when it comes to another's house.

To interfere in someone else's life is an infringement of their rights.

11. davidkaluge profile image56
    davidkalugeposted 12 years ago

1st what I don't like about the idea of Heaven, hell, and other religious threat is that no one has gone there and return to confirm it yet people use it as a threat in a manner that suggest they are certain while they are not. Didn't same people that teach end of the world say "a world without end?" Dave you mixed things up by calling the USA a free world yet you are up set that people were given freedom same freedom you have. Did anyone stop you from marrying a woman? So your right to choose is there.

12. davidkaluge profile image56

You blame Obama for giving people liberty. I shall do same if I am in this position. I can never use the bible to judge anyone, and frankly I don't think any reasonable person will do that because its like using the African tradirion to judge the West. Some African do that and call the west sinners. We know those that have the bible and the incidents in it. This is a free world and I wonder how you will feel if a gay comes into power and insist everyone must be gay or single. I won't support that either.

13. davidkaluge profile image56

You blame Obama for taking a stand and you claim he wants to destroy Christainty. You are bias because you seem to forget it was same Christains that started the gay issue. It started in same house of God because those church leaders knew that the bible should not be used to judge them moreover men wrote the bible, God never wrote it, it was ideas of men and I shall repeat it anywhere and you know it true no minding the claim of "inspired by God" you better follow your faith and respect the rights of others

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)