jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Wrestling is out of the olympics. Do you agree with the decision?

1. sweetzara profile image79
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

Wrestling is out of the olympics. Do you agree with the decision?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No, I do not. I think it is ridiculous that they have replaced the age old art of wrestling for golf. Now what do all of the athletes do who have trained their whole lives to attain this goal of wrestling in the Olympic games.

3. adjkp25 profile image92
    adjkp25posted 5 years ago

I'm still bothered by baseball and softball being dismissed when there are games that I don't even recognize still being played in the Olympics.  I don't know what they are thinking by eliminating sports that have long traditions and are played in many countries.

4. I Am Rosa profile image91
    I Am Rosaposted 5 years ago

I had to go look this up because it just seemed so absurd of a statement.  I mean wrestling is one of the foundations of the Olympics - of sports itself.  It just seems too ludicrous, but Google has confirmed; Wrestling is out of the 2020 Olympics while both golf and rugby are coming in.  I'm gobsmacked.  Speechless.  Horrified, even ... and I don't even LIKE the Olympics.  It's just ..... wrong *Shudder*

5. twig22bend profile image79
    twig22bendposted 5 years ago

I do not agree. I can't understand why they would do such a thing. Wrestling has been around for many years. It can't be a health issue when you have other sports that cause more damage.

In fact, I think that the Olympic wrestling matches were geared towards the safety of those competing. I cannot imagine how those that were competing in the games feel about this action taken by those running the Olympics.

6. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 5 years ago

I didn't even know wrestling had been dumped.  Not that I concern myself with Olympic decisions.  That's their bag, not mine.  But this question does give me an idea for tonight's Hub. 

7. MisterShives profile image60
    MisterShivesposted 5 years ago

I think that there are plenty of lame sports that could have been dropped before wrestling.

8. number2son profile image60
    number2sonposted 5 years ago

I am not a wrestling fan.  However, my father really likes the sport of wrestling, and was a good wrestler himself.  Abraham Lincoln was a good wrestler, and just for that it should be kept in the Olympics.  I do not really watch the olympics, but there are so many sports in the olympics that are worse than wrestling, that I don't see how they could dump it.  That's how the olympics are.  They really favor Europe, not America.  That's why they have so much foolishness, and dishonesty in them.