jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)

Are you planning on not watching this year's Super Bowl game because of the infl

1. TheHoleStory profile image79
    TheHoleStoryposted 3 years ago

Are you planning on not watching this year's Super Bowl game because of the inflated football issue?

There are a lot of diehard football fans who are sick and tired of the favoritism and the down right cheating that has been going on by certain teams in the National Football League (NFL), and who are going to boycott and not watch this years Super Bowl. It's obvious that the under inflated footballs had a lot to do with the out come in both of the playoff games between the Patriots and the Baltimore Ravens, and now the Patriots and the Colts. The deflated footballs took a lot of the enjoyment out of the game for many fans, and I'm one of those fans who are not going to watch this years game.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12153267_f260.jpg

2. Dressage Husband profile image78
    Dressage Husbandposted 3 years ago

Having been a real sportsman at school this type of cheating bothers me. However both teams use the same balls so I do not see this as a huge issue. Deflation makes the ball easier to catch and handle so the losing team could have used that advantage too. What surprises me is that if this is an issue then why do the referees and linesmen not check the pressure before allowing the balls to be used?

It would need a simple pressure gauge for each of them, and they could check again at key points of the game to ensure no-one was letting them down. The umpires at cricket often check the balls to ensure that the bowler is not scraping the paint off one side or picking at the seam, both of which allow the ball to take more spin in the air.

Sending off of a few players caught doing this would soon stop the habit!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I wasn't planning on watching it anyway because I'm not a football fan at all.

1. LAWRTW profile image77
      LAWRTWposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Me either

4. Sam Montana profile image48
    Sam Montanaposted 3 years ago

As a Broncos fan, I am not a fan of either team, but I might watch the game out of curiosity. A lot has been made of the deflated balls, but not much has been made of how the pressure can change from indoor temperature to the outdoor much colder temperature. This might be a lot to do about nothing. Then again, it is the Patriots.

5. heidithorne profile image98
    heidithorneposted 3 years ago

Another day, another drama in the NFL. smile With or without the controversy, I'll be watching the Super Bowl!

6. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

No, I am not into sports because I believe that most of them are too violent. Most TV shows that I watch are either comedies or mysteries.
    In high school I tried soccer for 1 year but after playing it I found out that it was the same as other sports. The only one which I enjoyed was bicycling.
    Besides, I may have other things to do around the house instead of sitting and watching the Super Bowl for hours.

7. Swisstoons profile image72
    Swisstoonsposted 3 years ago

Of course, I'll watch!   I'm guessing XLIX will be the most watched Superbowl in history.  Nothing breeds interest like controversy.

8. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12153725_f260.jpg

I love sports inclusive of American football. I even enjoy the Super Bowl commercials. However, not to deflate your anticipation, this  year's most effective commercial is already out or at minimum revealed. What a brilliant commercial leading upto the big game. Go Patriots! Come on you can do it! Get out of the flats and into the End Zone!

9. Rachel L Alba profile image94
    Rachel L Albaposted 3 years ago

Yes, probably.  From what I heard when they are playing the Super Bowl game the teams are not allowed to use their own footballs.

10. Eric Seidel profile image93
    Eric Seidelposted 3 years ago

The game between the Ravens and Patriots kinda pissed me off. Four points!? Flacco could have shotgunned us a touchdown and we would have won by three. It was a good game though.

If they're not there, I'm not watching it lol

11. MFST profile image60
    MFSTposted 3 years ago

Yes I will be watching.  Deflating and inflating of footballs has been a regular occurrence in the NFL since the 1950's, sadly the Patriots are being used as an example due to prior negative instances (Spygate).  I am not a Patriots fan, but am an avid fan of the game of football.  The average fan of the NFL only hears the story that the media portrays, and they can abstain from reporting important facts.

12. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

I won't be watching but not because of the deflated football issue. I'm just not an athletic supporter.

13. lollyj lm profile image59
    lollyj lmposted 3 years ago

I'm not a football fan so won't be watching.  If I were a fan, the deflated football situation would not impact my decision to watch the Superbowl.

working