jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Jessica Watson Solo Around the World Sailing voyage.

1. barryrutherford profile image32
    barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago

Jessica Watson a 16 year old schoolgirl from Queensland Australia set of 6 months ago to sail around the world single handedly and solo is now set to be the youngest ever person to complete this event. When she sails into Sydney Harbour in a few hours time

1. alexandriaruthk profile image50
      alexandriaruthkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is awesome, I so thought last week CNN  said that she will not sail anymore.

2. barryrutherford profile image32

apaprently it will be televised around Australia by all television channels  'live' a first(1st) in Australia.

3. barryrutherford profile image32

Waton walks towards the opera house to meet the Prime Minister Kevin Rudd & Premier

4. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 7 years ago

It's an a-maaazing spectacle. A whole flotilla of wellwisher boats accompanied her into the harbour. When she got off the boat she was all wobbly with sea-legs and the whole foreshore is covered with people.

Good on her.

barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

indeed i was so excited i was likwe a little kid myself i have though been visiting her website every day:  www,jessicawatson.com.au

5. Jewels profile image80
    Jewelsposted 7 years ago

She is an inspiration to more than a nation, teenagers and adults around the world. 

I watched the coverage of her sailing into Sydney harbor and her stepping foot on land after seven months.  What an mammoth achievement.  It certainly makes me look at what I have/have not achieved in my life.

Thank you Jessica Watson. smile

Jewels  ditto !

6. manlypoetryman profile image68
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

That is amazing.

7. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I love this generation! Jessica Watson has a wonderful spirit and plenty of courage. A great example of today's youth! smile

8. alternate poet profile image63
    alternate poetposted 7 years ago

Some kids will do ANYTHING  to get off school !!!

Excellent spirit - and congrats to her and the society that made her possible smile

I would rather Sail anyday especially against yeae  12

9. travelespresso profile image81
    travelespressoposted 7 years ago

Aah Barry - sorry I didn't see your post before I posted mine.  Isn't she is inspirational?!

working