jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Should an older woman her hair long?

1. soozeqsh profile image77
    soozeqshposted 6 years ago

Should an older woman her hair long?

Some people believe that older woman should not wear their hair long because it makes them look older.  I wore my hair long until I was 61 and then decided to cut it.  I don't think the length of hair matters, it's how it looks with the person's face shape and how they style it.

2. Joe Bricky profile image76
    Joe Brickyposted 6 years ago

You should put the word wear in there, but absolutely yes.

3. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

sometimes long hair on older women does makes them look even older. But it really depends on the woman's face features and shape. Really long hair doesn't fit anyone. It just looks so bland but layers can make older women look fresher.

4. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I think that it depends on the individual. Some older women look really good with long hair and several celebs look amazing. When I turned 46 in May this year, I decided to take the plunge and get my hair cut short. My partner and family all say that I look younger with a short cut. It took me a while to pluck up the courage to go from long hair to short hair, but I'm glad I decided to do it. I have an extra 20 minutes in the morning now!

5. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

I think it's OK to wear it long.  I will probably wear it long when I become an older woman, because I know my face shape just doesn't suit short hair.  I think it all comes down to what style is most flattering on the individual woman, and that will vary from one person to another.

6. profile image0
    DilaraMawlaMonzurposted 6 years ago

Are there any hard and fast rules to it? I was not aware of that. I do what comes naturally. I am among the older women and till recently, I had my hair short. Every time I take a look in the mirror, I say to myself' Time to cut my hair !' but so far I have not done It. I know, one of these days, I will, because,from what others say, it cuts down my age, making me look much younger.

7. AllSuretyBonds profile image57
    AllSuretyBondsposted 6 years ago

Yes and NO. I have seen older women who have long hair and it does not fit their personality or their face shape. I think that some older women can have beautiful long hair. So I think that it depends on the person.

working