What steps do you follow in your skin care routine??

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Sneha Sunny profile image85
    Sneha Sunnyposted 12 years ago

I would like to know.....

1. lalalaura profile image61
      lalalauraposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I use Proactiv. Sometimes when I run out, I use other products and start breaking out again. I'm 21 yrs old and never got acne when I was younger but just recently moved down south and the heat and humidity wreaks havoc on my face. So I ordered proactive and my face is a lot better than before! I use the face wash, the toner, and the lotion in that order and I use it twice a day. I also have the mask which you can dab on at night and it will normally dry anything out. I love it and highly suggest it!

Sneha Sunnyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've also heard about it........ I'll try it out. But actually I hesitate using a variety of products. My skin is sensitive and everything doesn't suits my skin. I'm presently using herbal products from Lotus Herbals. Let's see whether it will work or not. I've used branded products like Lakme but every time I ended up with pimples and small bumps on my face... I've heard about Proactive. I'll try it..

2. profile image53
      saddy328posted 12 years agoin reply to this
    3. caleb89 profile image60
      caleb89posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wash your face twice a day (with a face brush like clarisonic or olay), then use a moisturizer with spf 15 in the morning and one containing salycic acid at night, to keep my acne under control.

2. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I've pretty much always washed my face with a basic soap (no deodorants, moisturizers, etc.), using my hands - never anything abrasive or scratchy (like a facecloth), because that encourages breakouts.  These days, I put a little moisturizer (nothing expensive/any old brand) under my eyes before putting on any make-up (because I'm now OLD  lol) - but that's it.  Oh - I've always worn a foundation with a sunscreen in it (nothing expensive/any decent-enough brand), and I think that's helped prevent at least some sun damage.

Breakouts have pretty much never been a problem (one here or then when I was younger).  I don't have a problem with either an oily or dry complexion.  I have a theory (sort of  lol) that people who spend too much time stressed out about taking care of their complexions may bring on breakouts and premature aging that wouldn't have happened.  smile  In all seriousness, I really think a lot of people get their skin irritated (and invite breakouts, or more breakouts if they have a serious acne problem) by being over-zealous with products that irritate the skin.  There have been times when I've figured I'd REALLY wash my face by lathering it three times instead of the usual one or two - and I've learned that there's pretty much 100% a "blemish" will result.

3. hschica profile image60
    hschicaposted 12 years ago

I wash my face daily with a plain old facial cleanser and use apple cider vinegar as a toner before bed. It clears up breakouts within 12 hours and lessens the visibility of pores. It even seems to moisturize my face quite well, so I usually don't need to use a moisturizer. Though if I do, it is usually just a regular, oil-free moisturizer (since I have somewhat oily skin). Really, though, the apple cider vinegar works wonders. I have struggled with acne for many years and tried every acne medication out there... only the vinegar has been effective! (And it's much less expensive too!)

i should try vinegar.... thanks for your response

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

If your skin is dry ,or you are not young anymore, you should never use a soap for your face, and lotions/creams for extra dry skin with collagen work better. I use St.Ives collagen elastin skin lotion, big bottle like 500ml if I am not mistaken. I can buy it at any supermarket, almost any drug store in Canada. It's cheap, it's not oily, never any residue on my skin. I use it every time I wash my hands or face. Never see any dryness or redness on hands,even on a cold winter day. It creates a good invisible barrier and nourishes the skin. Good, very good. For the price $5-7 dollars a big bottle, you cannot go wrong. Used to be even better, I do not like that new formula they are selling right now, it flakes on your skin sometimes while drying, but I still use it. It still works and the price! Even I can afford it. Warning: It has to be collagen elastin - others just do not work!

I'm a teen.... Thanks for the info... I think that's a great lotion... smile

5. R.S. Hutchinson profile image72
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

peanutbutter...crazy I know but something in the oil makes the skin radient! (like how they use mayo for conditioner)

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And if you add some chocolate to it, everybody will be licking you not just your dog! big_smile

6. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 12 years ago

i have oily to combination skin so i use cleansers and face cream that match m face descrpion adn i also buy make up that dont make my face even worse and are good for my type of skin i would go to a beauty section in a store and ask them so they can recomend products then go to the drug store and find similar products once you figure out your type of skin i actually wrote a hub about my skin routine and top 10 best cleansers for diffirent face types!!

I'll be checking out your hub.... need to see it..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)