jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you concerned about Facebooks privacy loopholes??

1. K Partin profile image58
    K Partinposted 7 years ago

Are you concerned about Facebooks privacy loopholes??

Will you continue to use Facebook?

2. Jeff Berndt profile image85
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

A little, but if you don't post it to facebook, facebook can't share it. Facebook isn't about privacy (if it ever really was), it's about publicity. I use the page to connect with friends and colleagues and, I hope, get some gigs.

If Facebook bothers you, there's a new tool in development that the creators say will work just like facebook but be easier to manage settings on. I'll be investigating that one when it launches.

3. vaguesan profile image84
    vaguesanposted 7 years ago

A little.
    I long ago dumped almost all the info about myself from my profile page. All that's left is a bunch of gibberish and random stuff. I just use it to stay in touch with friends. Besides, it's too late to pull out now. I've heard it's nearly impossible to delete your account completely.
    I miss the old days when Facebook was beautiful and simple... and only for college kids.

4. just4meonline profile image64
    just4meonlineposted 7 years ago

Not really. I only get concerned and kick up a fuss when there is a glitch or bug in their system which I notice messing something up.

For the most part, I know the privacy settings inside out, and always have some of the strictest settings for my profile. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

After all, Facebook is about sharing things publicly with some people, and keeping it under lock and key from people not on your friends list.

5. bettanywire profile image56
    bettanywireposted 7 years ago

Yes, everyone must have concerns about facebook privacy, in fact many concern individuals including the US senate that are showing their concerns about facebook privacy.

6. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

No, since I am not on it.
    And at least one tech guru whose advice i respect (Leo LaPorte) has discontinued his use of it.

working