jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

what is the best way to learn excel?

1. steveweisslive profile image60
    steveweissliveposted 7 years ago

what is the best way to learn excel?

2. urness.sam profile image60
    urness.samposted 7 years ago

Look for Excel for Dummies, or just do what I did. I experimented with it, looking for things that I found interesting. If I found something interesting, I tested it out, and if it sent an error message, I changed my strategy, or did something else on Excel. Do whatever you want, and experiment with cells, rows, and charts. If that doesn't work, try something else. Good luck, and I hope this answer helps.

3. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Keep an open mind, especially when you hear the opposite of what you believe in.
    Before you refute something check if there is a valid point in what the others say.
    Read up new topics related to your area of interest and keep expanding your knowledge.
    What ever you read spend time summarizing that for your self , this way you will retain what you have learnt.
    This is my strategy to learn and excel  smile

4. tdebrick profile image61
    tdebrickposted 7 years ago

How learned is to download a simple template and look at the formulas used. Then open a blank spreadsheet and try it out. It takes practice.

I just started making random random excel spreadsheet for a budgeting purposes.

5. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 7 years ago

I tried that Video Professor free trial thing. There were 3 CD's and you get to keep two of them for free or you can keep all 3 for the going price which was about $75. I kept the first 2 for free and went through all 3. Made notes from the 3rd one. It was very informative and easy to follow instructions for learning Excel. Now, I'm a whiz at it and use Excel for everything!

6. ddalgleish profile image74
    ddalgleishposted 7 years ago

Why do you want to learn Excel? Is it a requirement for a new job, or do you hope to set up a personal budget, or some other reason?

If it's for work, or a new job, and you need to learn quickly, then it might be best to go to a half day or full day course, where an instructor can answer your questions, and provided a structured course that covers the basics.

If it's for home, and there's no rush, then think about how you learn other things. Do you like to read, and follow written instructions? If so, browse through the Excel books at your local bookstore, to find one that appeals to you.

There are also online written tutorials, like the ones I have on my Contextures.com website, and on some of my Hub Pages. There are many other Excel tutorial sites, and Google will help you find them.

if you prefer to watch something, and then try it for yourself, check out some Excel videos. My site also has Excel video tutorials, and many people have posted tutorials on YouTube,

Good luck!

7. teethwhiteninguk profile image59
    teethwhiteningukposted 7 years ago

Hi,
    Excel is a simple windows based  software for reports. You can use Excel as  accounts,  reports and database.

Just go through excel help, is explains all about excel

8. internett1t3 profile image58
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

I suggest to look some freed video tutorial in the internet since there's a lot that offers free excel tutorial in there with free exercises.

9. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

Mr. Steve
    You will get so many information for free, this user on youTube has uploaded more than 1400 videos for teaching Excel, it helped me so much.
    I am sure you will be happy.
    Note: you can download his examples & train.
    hope it helps.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ExcelIsFun

working